Best Years for Music?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah, and Skrillex is only known because of Korn, anyone remember Orgy, Videodrone, or Limp Bizkit? Thats exactly where I expect Skrillex to be in 10 years time.

And, isnt Deadmau5 a DJ?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am talking about Korn taking Skrillex on tour with them for Korn 3, long before Path of Totallity, much like they did for Rammestein on the Family Values tour. The majority of success came after the tour.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Deadmau5 is strictly a house/trance DJ. A very average one at that and he rarely produces. The only reason he's even famous is because he wears that ridiculous costume.

But I honestly have no idea how anyone could mistake that type of music for dubstep.

Lewb

Reaction score
I am talking about Korn taking Skrillex on tour with them for Korn 3, long before Path of Totallity, much like they did for Rammestein on the Family Values tour. The majority of success came after the tour.

I guess, but that was only out of his From First to Last links, he was pretty out there before the tour.

Pete

Reaction score
Deadmau5 is strictly a house/trance DJ. A very average one at that and he rarely produces. The only reason he's even famous is because he wears that ridiculous costume.

But I honestly have no idea how anyone could mistake that type of music for dubstep.

Because I have often (and I mean OFTEN) seen his name and 'dubstep' mentioned in the same breath. As a complete layman, I jumped to conclusions.

Limp Bizkit is still pretty well remembered, if only for how awful they were. And I remember Orgy!

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Not anything I would call mainstream though, after the tour I heard his name come up more & more, and to this date is the only dub-step "artist" I can name without looking at Path of Totallity. I would not be shocked if the majority of people heard about him after the tour.

I can understand how some people would expect that just because there is a heavy electronic style behind most of Deadmau5's work(that I have heard anyway), that they are dub-step, as it is really the only electronic based genre getting any media attention. Anyone who was a fan of the 90's electronic movement with Fat Boy Slim, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, etc. could probably distinguish between EBM, Dance, Trance, IDM, etc.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Hey, if you enjoy the music, listen to it.

And I said in the original post "in your mind" for a reason. I'm not talking about "facts" as there really are none.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Most decades have their share of great music, can't really peg it down to mere years.

Shit boi, stuff from the 40s and 50s were phenomenal tho.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler