Benoit’s Son Possibly Training To Be A Wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Chris Benoit's Son Possibly Training To Be A Wrestler | Wrestlezone

Pictures have surfaced online of Chris Benoit's older son, David, with David Hart Smith, son of the late British Bulldog.

The rumor is Benoit's son has started lifting and doing some work in the ring with Smith.
BXqxv5_CYAAlTkM.jpg
I can't actually see him getting hired by WWE, I really hope those smart ass fans won't judge him cause of his piece of Shit dad if so.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Well, if I remember correctly, Beniot hardly ever saw David. I don't even think they even lived in the same country. I remember him appearing on the news after Beniots death and he talked about how he never saw his dad because he was always down in the states with his second family, of course that being Nancy, and Daniel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If he had the talents of he-who-shall-not-be-named than he would be picked up by WWE, just change his name and hope some asshole smarks don't troll him hard.

Not sure why the sins of the of father should weigh down on the son or however that saying goes.

Weez

Reaction score
This can't go well for him. He'd HAVE to change his name. Can you imagine the Indy Fan chats?

"SHOULD'VE BEEN YOU! SHOULD'VE BEEN YOU!"
"BENOIT IS GOING TO KILL YOU! BENOIT IS GOING TO KILL YOU!"

Just come to the ring with a Bible and Bowflex. Instant Heat.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Really I think it depends on his skills. If he's amazing in the ring those chants will die, it'll take awhile getting there though and he'll have to put up with a lot.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Really I think it depends on his skills. If he's amazing in the ring those chants will die, it'll take awhile getting there though and he'll have to put up with a lot.

You can be great in the ring, but if you have giant shoes to fill or have a giant shadow over you, it might be damn near impossible, look at Curtis Axel, smarkeys expect Mr Perfect jr and that isn't what he is trying to do. Flairs daughter will more than likely get that treatment too, even though she is more athletic than Flair ever was. There is a reason why Bret Harts sons are not follwing daddy's footsteps.

This kid better like wearing masks, because if ONE troll fan sees who he is, better believe that scenario Weez just laid out will happen.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
It's possible that he'll good enough for WWE, but unless if this guy is the best technical wrestler in the indies in few years time then I'm sure WWE will have other options to go with. I'm not saying that this guy would bring controversy to the promotion, after all for there's probably 10 different wrestlers that would match his skill level by the time he's WWE worthy, and all of them would be less of a hassle to package.

And don't start with 'wrestling skills aren't the only thing WWE Superstars need', yes I am well aware of that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How old is he? Honestly didn't even know Benoit had another son.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How old is he? Honestly didn't even know Benoit had another son.

Had two other kids from a previous marriage. Not sure there ages, and don't want to find out tbh.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Aside from me not even knowing Benoit had another son this is pretty interesting news. Before I've even seen his talent I just don't know what to think of this.

I don't think his career choice in itself is bad or shocking even in light of his family history and it's inevitable some fans will troll him. But if he does enter WWE... I don't have to explain that it'll be weird.

Maybe, like all things I'm indifferent or iffy towards, it'll just be rocky at first and I'll just sort of get used to it. But that first year at least will be awkward no matter what they do with him. He (the kid) did nothing wrong but if he starts as a face I think many fans will have thoughts when they go to stand up and cheer for him knowing who his father is (in the internet at, come on). But if he debuts as a heel, just a bit of the heat coming at him could be some people's genuine hatred. Not sure I'd like to be this dude really.

Gah, impulse speculation and ideas. I guess I'll have to keep my eye on this story.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how it would go over really. I do agree that you're likely to see some troll internet mark chants from fans who do it for the lolz. But oddly enough, I think there would be a lot of interwebs marks that would accept him to a certain degree or not care. there have long been a number of fans who wouldn't mind seeing Chris Benoit inducted into the WWE's hall of fame, or despise the WWE's refusal to acknowledge the contributions of a murderer.

That said, WWE is about protecting their public image too. Any fear or sense that this could become a PR problem, they'd drop any notion of hiring anyone related to Benoit in a heartbeat, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Everything I've heard about this kid is he is very nice, and wrestling is his life. If he makes a go of this, I'll be rooting for him. Just change the name, maybe go with a mask gimmick and carve out your own path in this business.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Everything I've heard about this kid is he is very nice, and wrestling is his life. If he makes a go of this, I'll be rooting for him. Just change the name, maybe go with a mask gimmick and carve out your own path in this business.

Sound familiar