Bella Brook's

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
Another thing I'm sick of is this whole "I'm a gangsta, I sold drugs, I'll kill you, I got bitches look at my bling" image. Rappers need to realize that they don't need this gimmick to sell records. Look at Outkast they are a platinum group they sold plenty of records...hell, on the song "Whole World" which won a grammy, Andre 3000 shouts out laid-off airport workers not crack dealers which is another cliche' in the rap game. My point is that Outkast has been successful without the whole pledging loyalty to "the streets." Outkast at least looks at the world through an honest lens not live out an overblown sterotype. The image of a "gangsta rapper" has so little resemblance to reality that it is irrelevant. Plain and simple- rappers need to quit with the gimmicks and make genuinely good music or at least music that has a message in it...

The Anigma

Reaction score
lol i didn't get it from there that's straight from the heart...the way i feel about it sorry for the double post

Defiant One

Reaction score
lol Mat Thats a good idea Nation to make a general hip hop thread I cant believe this got this big when it was already around for awhile

and once again dead on Anigma, rappers like Outkast, Lupe Fiasco, Clipse, Eminem, dont have to rap about the same old boring ass stereotypes (drugs, guns, killing, jewelery, banging hoes) and to make it big

Mr. Mat

it's not the gangsta image it's the rappers that took the gangsta image that aint even gagsters

The Anigma

Reaction score
My point with that post is that the rappers need to quit adopting the "gansta" image and just be real I mean I was reading an interview with Ghostface and he was talking bout how he really isn't making any money and that he's a human being he talked about how he cries and laughs like everyone else he was being real all these other new rappers are scared to admit that their human instead they would rather play some stupid role that their not walking around like some fucking zombies (excuse the language) and when a real gangster steps to them they quick to run to the police or let their homies fight their battles for them...much like Ja he claimed to be a gangster but he got exposed and was supposedly being extorted by real Gangsters don't know if it's true just what I heard and can't really believe 50 either but...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Rappers today feel like they have to live up to an image. Everyone has to be so tough, everyone has pretend they're untouchable which damn sure isnt the case. Most rappers are afraid of being human which in itself is half ass backwards.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing I write raps and mess around with the rap thing a bit but if I was a signed rapper I sure as hell wouldn't play up some stupid image because "it sells" I'd be me and I'd let the music speak for itself...straight up

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah i used to write stuff, maybe now i might write a freestyle when something good comes to mind but thats it. Id also be myself, I wouldnt live up to the BULL. I wouldnt sell my soul for money.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I see you like alot of the west coast music what about the Chronic the first one...

The Anigma

Reaction score
lol i remember earlier when I think it was you Defiant that was talking about lil wayne kissing baby on the lips I was flipping though the XXL magazine from last month and they had an interview with him they asked him about it and he said, and I quote, "Baby came one day and was like, "Everybody gon' start rockin' like this." He only did it with the Hot Boys, but once everybody left, it was just me and him still doing it, cause he's like my faother so it became sort of like a father-son thing." He then goes on to say there's nothing wrong with that. Me, personally, I think he a little funny...if you know what I mean...lol

Anyway back on topic some of my fav albums are:

Eminem- Marshall Mathers LP
Obie Trice- Cheers
50 Cent- Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt
Jay-Z- The Blueprint
Nas- Illmatic
Dr. Dre- The Chronic
2pac- All Eyez On Me
Snoop- Doggystyle
Wu-Tang- Enter The 36 Chambers
N.W.A- Straight Outta Compton
Ice Cube- America's Most Wanted

there's plenty more those are just a few...