Barry Presents: WS Mafia 3 "The Revival" Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So, half of the people have posted. Not gonna lie was hoping Mando would have shown up by now. I like when Mando's around.

Making me blush over here. I was asleep but I'm here now!

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I guess it's that I like all of these messages and generally agree. Gipper sparked the convo of the Town/Maf split which I believe a scum wouldn't initiate, plus their banter feels natural and not pre-planned out in a mafia chat. They have a real problem solver vibe and it just feels townie to me

Don't feel massively great about this post and the writing off of someone as not being mafia because they initiated discussion. Of course mafia would initiate discussion, they want to appear town. Not saying that I disagree with the read because I do think it is too early to say and not much has happened.

This post just feels quite forced to me. Could be a trust grab. Might not be.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Hello friends

@tommy I'm a little concerned here - you were scum the last game we played here (which I think was the last game ran here) so I sort of expected that to be in your memory, but you seem pretty vague about it. There is one point of consideration on this that works in your favour, but I'd like you to reconcile this first before I bring it up - would you say you don't really tend to retain details like what happened in previous games all that much?

Generally, nothing else I want to comment on so far. Only other thing was @Blaine - can you go over your Jeff read for me please? You have them town but not confident on it? That read feels a bit off to me - I'd be surprised if you were confident at this stage, for one, but it feels off to me.

In Tommy's defence I forget things that happen in mafia games very easily, although I remember having you pegged as mafia very early for coming in and going after someone with very tenuous reasoning. This post isn't as egregious as that one, though.

Pendex

Reaction score
Actually didn’t even realize that the last game I played in was the last game here. Outside of some sports talk, I don’t go out of the FWA section much. I remember certain parts of games, but a lot of detail? Nah. What am I not remembering that gives you pause? Jeff and I being on a team?
It's fine if you don't remember, actually - my concern was largely that you were playing down your competency (you cited a time where you messed up early as a recent scum experience, rather than the actual recent scum game where you played very well).
Why are you concerned? I'm not sure what you're meaning to imply here or what Tommy's answer to this question is supposed to achieve for you.
The response above should answer your question.
"I don't have a true opinion on her. Jeff, I'm leaning town but it's not a good feeling town"

Jeff doesn't have a true defined playstyle for me, and I find myself questioning himself I suppose. I've found myself just liking Jeff overall, but not liking him enough to find him as a full blown town yet
That makes more sense - thanks.

Reactions: CraigPelton

Pendex

Reaction score
In Tommy's defence I forget things that happen in mafia games very easily, although I remember having you pegged as mafia very early for coming in and going after someone with very tenuous reasoning. This post isn't as egregious as that one, though.
I would also add the disclaimer that I'm not really going after him - I wanted to pull on the thread so to speak to see what he had to say. Also, the person I went after there was you, if I recall correctly.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
7-3 split makes most sense. Doubt there is even an indie.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yea that’s what I was referring to. Jeff and I were scum together in a game once and he took a pretty aggressive stance early on.

I guess we’re waiting for the other 5 people to hop on to start getting more widespread reads.
what do you mean by aggressive exactly? Can you give me a loose example?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'll echo thoughts on there not being an indy either. It is a vanilla game, so I would be highly surprised if something like that was in play.

My guess is 3 mafia.

Reactions: CraigPelton

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Been reading this sporadically while playing Jackbox, I feel good about Gip and Tommy. Sky, more or less neutral, I don't have a true opinion on her. Jeff, I'm leaning town but it's not a good feeling town. Not much other stuff to go on, gotta wait for more players to come in
What have you liked about Tommy and why is it better then Sky?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Jeff thinking there could be 4 mafia is shocking. I don't really have an opinion on anyone else based on that discussion
1st of all, that isn't really an opinion on a player and doesn't contribute to a solve. Secondly, you've played with me for years and have experienced first hand that math and solving splits are not something I am good at and have messed up before. Thirdly, having no reads is fine but why stop at that discussion to get a feel on people.

don't love this post brother

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I didn't mind Pendex's entry

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Why are you concerned? I'm not sure what you're meaning to imply here or what Tommy's answer to this question is supposed to achieve for you.
this is a weird post. I though Pendex's opener quite clearly stated that he felt Tommy not remembering that he was scum last game and being vague about it is concerning to him. While I don't necessarily agree with Pendex on that, it's a fair question and I'm a bit taken aback as to why this would be a problematic line of questioning from Pendex.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Making me blush over here. I was asleep but I'm here now!
Hi Mando.

Has Sky played a game where you were playing with us and you were non town?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
see this is a more natural reaction to Pendex's post about Tommy.

Mando what do you mean by the bolded?