Barry Presents: WS Mafia 3 "The Revival" Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
so your next directions are based entirely on "how could anyone not have been as wrong as me? must be scum!"

awesome
No? Your thing on Pendex, assuming scum/scum is the sort of near-bus scum doesn't do if they're on the front foot, so I don't think it's scum/scum. I already had reason to think you were scum, so not too interested in Pendex at this juncture

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
Ah yes, because I wasn't around it must be super calculated to avoid flipping sky. God forbid, I just wasn't around!

Every argument you've made has been you framing things in a way that's designed to make it look scummy, without actually doing the hard work of establishing that it *is* scummy.

Let's do it this way. CP, on Day 1, what do you think is better for scum. A mislynch, or a no lynch?
A no lynch. I know the reasoning you gave for hammering Mando and it was indeed the sensible play from a town perspective, which means a smart mafia player would make the same point because they want to be seen as doing pro-town things, especially if they have the expectation on them as being a smarter player. But here's my problem: you demanded we go after Sky next if Mando flipped town. You were CONFIDENT she was scum. Day rolls around and you have your Sky wagon. Then you jump off and don't come back until end of day, when there are no votes on her and Tommy is lynched. Was day ending early in a vanilla game really such a big concern to you that you'd undermine your own wagon on a player you were so sure is scum?

CraigPelton

Reaction score
No? Your thing on Pendex, assuming scum/scum is the sort of near-bus scum doesn't do if they're on the front foot, so I don't think it's scum/scum. I already had reason to think you were scum, so not too interested in Pendex at this juncture
So in other words tommy's flip does not have you re-evaluating anything

lmao

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Hey @Pendex What does your solve look like? Obviously Jeff and Gipper are out. You think Sky is scum and you said I "can perish" (which I can only assume means you'll vote me, unvote me, and then go AFK) so I guess we're scum together. And who's our third?

Pendex

Reaction score
A no lynch. I know the reasoning you gave for hammering Mando and it was indeed the sensible play from a town perspective, which means a smart mafia player would make the same point because they want to be seen as doing pro-town things, especially if they have the expectation on them as being a smarter player. But here's my problem: you demanded we go after Sky next if Mando flipped town. You were CONFIDENT she was scum. Day rolls around and you have your Sky wagon. Then you jump off and don't come back until end of day, when there are no votes on her and Tommy is lynched. Was day ending early in a vanilla game really such a big concern to you that you'd undermine your own wagon on a player you were so sure is scum?
Okay, lets stick to the point.

You admit a no lynch is better for scum. I actively avoided a no lynch, and the discussion around it made it clear I didn't like the direction. Instead of acknowledging that the action I took was explicitly better than not lynching, you instead looked for how to frame it as scummy. This required you to ignore the surrounding context, and when this is pointed out to you, you ignore that too.

Now let's discuss what I did. I asked that if I die, can you lynch Sky. You don't really get to use me unvoting as a gotcha here, because it was qualified with me dying - in other words, a scenario where I can't push it myself. Because I'd be dead. You tried to spin that as some convoluted TMI, but it wasn't- it was me putting a legacy read down and asking it be respected if scum saw fit to kill me night 1.

Yes, day ending in a vanilla game, early, is bad, because it's a vanilla game! We *only* have discussion to work with. Which means we need time. Me not coming back is unfortunate, but it's only that, but your agenda requires it to be scum motivated, yet you can't actually argue that not bei g here can only come from scum, hence here we are. Scum.

Pendex

Reaction score
Hey @Pendex What does your solve look like? Obviously Jeff and Gipper are out. You think Sky is scum and you said I "can perish" (which I can only assume means you'll vote me, unvote me, and then go AFK) so I guess we're scum together. And who's our third?
You/Sky/ then Juice, then Blaine. Can't see you being scum with T Pein for obvious reasons.

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Okay, lets stick to the point.

You admit a no lynch is better for scum. I actively avoided a no lynch, and the discussion around it made it clear I didn't like the direction. Instead of acknowledging that the action I took was explicitly better than not lynching, you instead looked for how to frame it as scummy. This required you to ignore the surrounding context, and when this is pointed out to you, you ignore that too.

Now let's discuss what I did. I asked that if I die, can you lynch Sky. You don't really get to use me unvoting as a gotcha here, because it was qualified with me dying - in other words, a scenario where I can't push it myself. Because I'd be dead. You tried to spin that as some convoluted TMI, but it wasn't- it was me putting a legacy read down and asking it be respected if scum saw fit to kill me night 1.

Yes, day ending in a vanilla game, early, is bad, because it's a vanilla game! We *only* have discussion to work with. Which means we need time. Me not coming back is unfortunate, but it's only that, but your agenda requires it to be scum motivated, yet you can't actually argue that not bei g here can only come from scum, hence here we are. Scum.
The "if I die, kill Sky" sounded like TMI because it was before Mando even flipped! THAT is why it was suspicious. You were assuming Mando was town and left no kind of legacy for if he was scum. I asked you about this and you were like "you can't expect me to be so comprehensive...". Really? I can't expect you to consider what we should do if you're wrong when in your own words you're leaving a legacy? That's a pretty shit legacy!

Look at the result of you unvoting Sky and going away - the person you raised alarm bells about for voting Sky (your supposed main scum read) got mislynched and day ends without a single vote on Sky. You haven't even gone back and analyzed what happened or how things got redirected. I guess because it was kind of your fault?

CraigPelton

Reaction score
You/Sky/ then Juice, then Blaine. Can't see you being scum with T Pein for obvious reasons.
All right so @Sky @BLAINEPERIUM @Hayterade make sure you're aware that when Pendex is pushing my lynch tomorrow that he believes 2/3 of you are my scummates. It can't be anyone else so it has to be 2/3 of you

Pendex

Reaction score
The "if I die, kill Sky" sounded like TMI because it was before Mando even flipped! THAT is why it was suspicious. You were assuming Mando was town and left no kind of legacy for if he was scum. I asked you about this and you were like "you can't expect me to be so comprehensive...". Really? I can't expect you to consider what we should do if you're wrong when in your own words you're leaving a legacy? That's a pretty shit legacy!

Look at the result of you unvoting Sky and going away - the person you raised alarm bells about for voting Sky (your supposed main scum read) got mislynched and day ends without a single vote on Sky. You haven't even gone back and analyzed what happened or how things got redirected. I guess because it was kind of your fault?
Well I wasn't carrying any expectation of needing to have my legacy respected if I'm wrong, no. That's kind of how it works. I don't even know what you're getting at here - Tommy was a plausible lynch all day, I don't think the lynch shifting to him warrants special consideration as if it came from left field.

What I do think needs consideration is you holding the game hostage asking for a t pein lynch, at significant risk of causing a no lynch, after just admitting g that scum benefits from no lynching more than mislynching. Uh oh!

Pendex

Reaction score
I think I actually sort of answered that earlier but said you - if you're viable I certainly wouldn't be against seeing the flip!

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Well I wasn't carrying any expectation of needing to have my legacy respected if I'm wrong, no. That's kind of how it works. I don't even know what you're getting at here - Tommy was a plausible lynch all day, I don't think the lynch shifting to him warrants special consideration as if it came from left field.

What I do think needs consideration is you holding the game hostage asking for a t pein lynch, at significant risk of causing a no lynch, after just admitting g that scum benefits from no lynching more than mislynching. Uh oh!
In this case it would be better since I was confident tommy was town. Not lynching him would've bought us a phase

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind you or Sky - probably Sky first, is there a point to this?
I'm trying to figure out if you could be bussing her. What's concerning to me is that you've been pushing her as your main scum read all game and she has had fuck all to say about it.