Barry Presents: WS Mafia 3 "The Revival" Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Why do you think Tommy would play like you did as scum though? More to the point, he wasn't like that at all in the most recent scum game he had?
He's relatively new

And last time I played with him as scum he managed to avoid early suspicion so IDK how that is relevant

Pendex

Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure how to convey “conviction” on the Juice read. One post about something that was settled, and then disappearing bothers me, especially when I’ve seen juice be much more active and investigative as town (which I pointed to earlier). I’ve also said multiple times that I don’t like how Blaine has talked a lot without saying anything of substance. That’s my reasoning on sussing him.
I'm not asking you be certain that they're scum, but as town, you'd be confident that your push at least is genuine. If I make a genuine push, and I receive push back, my first thought isn't "well I must be wrong", it's "why are people against this". I don't have major issue with either vote, it's you pivoting without exploring the interactions you're getting that I take issue with.

Pendex

Reaction score
He's relatively new

And last time I played with him as scum he managed to avoid early suspicion so IDK how that is relevant
That doesn't really answer my question. I was actually looking for some wider consideration from you - in that game, he was actively helped in scum chat, where he would run posts by his team to check it first etc. So if he's not doing that now, it could offer some insight into his team. Instead it looks to me like you're happy to sit on a gotcha and not really explore it any further.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm confident that at least one of the Blaine and Juice are scum. I've indicated multiple times in the last 3.5 hours or so that they're my two red flags. From where I'm at right now, I don't necessarily feel like one of them is significantly more scummy than the other, so I'm cool with getting rid of either of them.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
That doesn't really answer my question. I was actually looking for some wider consideration from you - in that game, he was actively helped in scum chat, where he would run posts by his team to check it first etc. So if he's not doing that now, it could offer some insight into his team. Instead it looks to me like you're happy to sit on a gotcha and not really explore it any further.
You're asking me to extrapolate a full scum team from an observation that he's not playing with the vigour he should?

Pendex

Reaction score
I'm confident that at least one of the Blaine and Juice are scum. I've indicated multiple times in the last 3.5 hours or so that they're my two red flags. From where I'm at right now, I don't necessarily feel like one of them is significantly more scummy than the other, so I'm cool with getting rid of either of them.
I'm not likely to be swayed by you being, to be frank about it, half-hearted in getting me to see what you see with them. For example, I will happily talk to you about why I think Sky should be the lynch.

Pendex

Reaction score
You're asking me to extrapolate a full scum team from an observation that he's not playing with the vigour he should?
No, I'm asking you to demonstrate some consideration towards that goal - even if it's just mere conjecture at this stage. I'll put it this way - I don't agree with the basis of your suspicion from Tommy, and I'm alarmed that you're so willing to settle towards this rather than actually extract what you can from the direction.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm not likely to be swayed by you being, to be frank about it, half-hearted in getting me to see what you see with them. For example, I will happily talk to you about why I think Sky should be the lynch.
Ok, why should Sky be the lynch?

I'm also not sure how you want me to be more "full hearted." I find it weird that Juice, who I've seen be hyper-vigilant as town, said something about a topic that was already settled and then left. I can't really expound on that much more. I've only played one game with Blaine, so I have no real meta to fall back on. He's made a bunch of posts without really offering much, which is what I've said makes me suspicious of him.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
No, I'm asking you to demonstrate some consideration towards that goal - even if it's just mere conjecture at this stage. I'll put it this way - I don't agree with the basis of your suspicion from Tommy, and I'm alarmed that you're so willing to settle towards this rather than actually extract what you can from the direction.
In that case here are my thoughts so far

- Blaine could easily be a teammate, they got close and then did some weak distancing once Tommy got suspicion on him

- Jeff or CP? Are they willing to effectively bus both their teammates and try to win solo? Nah. I'm not considering them for now

- Mando? Not going to lie, I've thought about it given CP's agreement with my assessment + sus on Mando, which combined would make a full 3-scum team already. I don't really see anything that prevents Mando being scum with either Tommy or Blaine

Pendex

Reaction score
Ok, why should Sky be the lynch?

I'm also not sure how you want me to be more "full hearted." I find it weird that Juice, who I've seen be hyper-vigilant as town, said something about a topic that was already settled and then left. I can't really expound on that much more. I've only played one game with Blaine, so I have no real meta to fall back on. He's made a bunch of posts without really offering much, which is what I've said makes me suspicious of him.
So I touched on this earlier (and when I get chance later I can evidence this with quotes) - but a lot of Sky's play so far has been to shade slots, or discredit them, with very little actually looking to find or accept townies. I'm assuming we have about 2 lynches to work with here, so we need to get as much as we can out of any direction before settling on it. In the case of how she's handled you, I've seen no evidence of her considering actual previous games from you (instead she uses... herself as the basis for it, which is wild), no evidence of considering what sort of team is at play - instead, she's latched onto something that is fairly level 1 (that is, prone to false positives) in your handling on your suspects (which I do concede is shady, which is why I'm questioning you too). It adds up - would you like me to elaborate on any specific element on this?

Pendex

Reaction score
In that case here are my thoughts so far

- Blaine could easily be a teammate, they got close and then did some weak distancing once Tommy got suspicion on him

- Jeff or CP? Are they willing to effectively bus both their teammates and try to win solo? Nah. I'm not considering them for now

- Mando? Not going to lie, I've thought about it given CP's agreement with my assessment + sus on Mando, which combined would make a full 3-scum team already. I don't really see anything that prevents Mando being scum with either Tommy or Blaine
The problem with this is that bussing actually is super effective given with a 7/3 split scum only need 2 mislynches. But I'll grant you - this is better, and what I've been looking for. What I'd like to see next is you to focus on the Tommy slot itself - I appreciate looking for possible scum mates out of hand, but this isn't exactly a smoking gun here.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So I touched on this earlier (and when I get chance later I can evidence this with quotes) - but a lot of Sky's play so far has been to shade slots, or discredit them, with very little actually looking to find or accept townies. I'm assuming we have about 2 lynches to work with here, so we need to get as much as we can out of any direction before settling on it. In the case of how she's handled you, I've seen no evidence of her considering actual previous games from you (instead she uses... herself as the basis for it, which is wild), no evidence of considering what sort of team is at play - instead, she's latched onto something that is fairly level 1 (that is, prone to false positives) in your handling on your suspects (which I do concede is shady, which is why I'm questioning you too). It adds up - would you like me to elaborate on any specific element on this?
Nah. I get what you're saying and it makes a lot of sense. Sky says that Blaine and I "got close" then I tried to distance. Outside of my saying that I do like the fact that Blaine has been willing to answer questions, I'm not sure that we "got close." I observed something he was doing while also acknowledging that I've been suspicious of him.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Nah. I get what you're saying and it makes a lot of sense. Sky says that Blaine and I "got close" then I tried to distance. Outside of my saying that I do like the fact that Blaine has been willing to answer questions, I'm not sure that we "got close." I observed something he was doing while also acknowledging that I've been suspicious of him.
That's exactly the sort of "getting close" co-scum do. Town read each other, but not make it too obvious. Then distance when necessary.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
That's exactly the sort of "getting close" co-scum do. Town read each other, but not make it too obvious. Then distance when necessary.
When did I town read Blaine?