Barry Presents: Whodunnit 2: The West Smithton Sagas GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
My early flipflopping around Poyser was mostly based on me tunneling him hard d1 two games ago and being dead wrong about him. His play seemed pretty iffy from the start this game (like him saying "where did Tweet go" on page 3 or something instantly struck me as trying to create a diversion) but I always had Jobbers Mafia on my mind and wanted to try and give him a chance to change my mind. So I joined his Mitch wagon for a moment to hopefully get a genuine reaction out of Mitch, and also give Poyser an opportunity to show me how earnest he is about catching scum. But then Mitch came back and made a post where he completely no-sold the two votes on him, and Poyser in turn ignored that post my Mitch which made me think that Poyser wasn't serious about hunting Mitch at all. Not to mention as day progressed his reasons for upholding his push on Mitch got more and more detached from reality. I will say though that the timing of Mitchs vote on Poyser (post 266) looks good, as Poyser just dropped a big post which I could genuinely see as the reason that Mitch finally realized Poyser was sus of him. Or fake sus rather since he was scum and stuff.

As day progressed I got cold feet about being wrong on Poyser again because there were a couple posts of him that struck me as towny (286, 298, 300, 311) and I wasn't looking forward to repeating my mistake from two games ago, so I haphazardly unvoted him for a minute, but then I realized that he had been at like 6 or 7 votes and ignored people who asked him to claim. Some play from OMB and Mitch (see below) made me think that he as scum may have already ordered a teammate of his to bus him, and why would he do that? In my mind it was because he knew that if we were to claim, he'd gain precisely 0 town points for it. Barry games usually have a scum setup where out of 4 scum, 2 or 3 have a claimable role, and the other 1-2 don't but the team has a janitor shot or two to help those guys out. Somebody had already unvoted before me (Jeff I think) so we don't accidentally hammer before a claim, and me unvoting as well could have seriously taken the wind out of that wagon, so I decided to put the vote back and insist on a claim. Then he claimed VT which was exactly the sort of claim I expected out of scum Poyser after considering the above.

Now as for directions for tomorrow, OMB had more or less randomly hopped on Poysers wagon with generic reasoning which made me think possible bus, and Poyser instantly hard town read OMB which is something we can now happily WIFOM about. Then right after that, Mitch came up with the same idea that Poyser<>OMB is a bus play, which it seems sorta strange for a guy like him to float a theory like that, as it feels like more than he would normally piece together on his own. So in summary this Poyser-OMB-Mitch triangle struck me as allround weird and warrants some untangling.

Btw Haza said this
I also don't particularly want a poyser lynch or even a claim.

Thoughts on me?
which could mean he knew Poyser having to claim wouldn't be a good thing for him. Could also just be his contrarian self being against the wagon for shits and giggles, but let's say I got no reason to read him town for this.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Unvote
Vote Poyser

Actually, I'm fine with this. He seems to be leaning into the role of agitator and trying to "stir up discussion" in a way that feels forced
can you elaborate and provide contrast in terms of how you would expect him to do this as town? Ie not forced?
It's more that he's not acting how I'd feel anyone should act. Anyone "trying" to play a meta rather than letting it come out naturally feels scummy to me.
its funny cause I agree with your conclusion, but your working out doesn’t really make sense lol

how should people act?
Did anyone actually look up my first post voting habits btw? I’m interested to hear your conclusions
his post shows he’s clearly read the thread yet the only thing he wanted to comment on was to try and veto somebody’s town read lol
You think that he would play with an overarching strategic game plan like that tho?
So to reframe, in a world where you’re town and he’s scum, wouldn’t a likelier play be for him to just limp on to your wagon, in your opinion?

pretty much this sequence

A lot of what I do is very feel based so there aren’t any magic bullets, but I’d say I was clear

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
thanks. I'll have to manually look back,
Is yellow like scum lean? Do you think any of the yellows wouldn't be teamed?

yes they are leans. And fwiw, if I had to rank them, I'd actually have you lowest amongst them, as I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't attach yourself so stupidly to Poyser after the smark incident, and seeing being get bodied when I attached myself to scumagic.

That being said, I see 0 reasons all my leans couldn't teamed at this time, I've seen no evidence that would make me think otherwise.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
pretty much this sequence

A lot of what I do is very feel based so there aren’t any magic bullets, but I’d say I was clear

yeah I read back as well and it was fairly clear and the usual way you go about your business. it's the time stamp I was interested in, and I got the info I wanted.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I’d like to think Haza would eventually learn that going against me when I’m town doesn’t make much sense, but you know ...

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Some people are gluttons for punishment

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But yo this night phase is way too long :/

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I guess the one good news is that which ever one of us passes away tonight will be able to most likely rep back in immediately :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh @Darth Lethal are you really going to ask me how I feel if you'd call me scum, then not follow up on it? That's rather disappointing, sir.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Oh @Darth Lethal are you really going to ask me how I feel if you'd call me scum, then not follow up on it? That's rather disappointing, sir.

Sorry man, I'm binge-ing Big Mouth

I'd ask you why

:WOW

Town Jeff is balls to the wall hunting. Mellow Jeff is a Jeff I want to be weary of.

I do see though now that you're on posting that you are putting genuine effort in, so that lean may be misguided.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Sorry man, I'm binge-ing Big Mouth

:WOW

Town Jeff is balls to the wall hunting. Mellow Jeff is a Jeff I want to be weary of.

I do see though now that you're on posting that you are putting genuine effort in, so that lean may be misguided.

I will tell you right now, regardless of how it sounds, that I've consciously decided to be slightly less aggressive in my approach after what went down last game. My ultra aggressive approach can have it's value, but it can cause problems and false connections I get stuck on due to being to emotionally charged. I can appreciate it does look stylishly different, but I strongly believe that it will a much better asset to the mid and late game.

Reactions: Lethal

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I’d like to think Haza would eventually learn that going against me when I’m town doesn’t make much sense, but you know ...

:rippedcal

Status
Not open for further replies.