AWA 1989: A Financial Savior Is (Badly) Needed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Raider Nation

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!!

AWA SIGNS EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH WGN

NOVEMBER 1990

The American Wrestling Association has signed a one-year deal with Chicago superstation WGN to carry the AWA's shows from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago.

The shows will air live on the channel unless pre-empted by a Cubs or Bulls game, in which case the AWA show will air in the next possible prime-time opening on the network.

The AWA is looking to run 10-12 shows in Chicago in 1991. The deal is said to be for one-year with the AWA receiving $15,000 for each show broadcast.

WGN station manager Travis Bickle said this is a great move from the station.

"The WWF airs monthly live shows from cities like New York, Philly and Boston on those respective local networks. We feel the AWA can be successful in this format, too. We're excited about this partnership.

"The difference between us and the WWF is that their shows air primarily on satellite TV networks only outside of the region from which they're being broadcast. It's pretty limited.

"Like WTBS, we are live and nationwide on most basic cable systems. People will be able to catch great AWA action everywhere.

"The AWA is on the rise and fans will be able to see it live on WGN."

The deal is set to start in January of next year.

DTP

Reaction score
AWA Wrestling on ESPN - November, Week 4, 1990:

A quick note, but I really got a kick out of the article posted informing us that AWA would be leaving Minnesota in favor of Las Vegas. It's definitely a more fruitful location for a promotion soon to be back on the rise to prominence. It was very well-written, a love letter of sorts to the heritage of AWA's roots in in the midwest.

I think for a man the size of Kokina Maximus, the $250,000 body slam challenge works greatly. That is an awful lot of money for the AWA, gimmicked or not. I suppose when it comes to Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey, we can anticipate that he has deep, deep pockets. It feels like a good angle for Kokina, coming away from his unsuccessful run for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. He absolutely should be a mainstay on the AWA roster for the next couple of years.

Cactus Jack with the quick win over Norman Smiley was fine for what it was. He's another one to watch for longterm, and I am curious as to what 1991 has in store for him. I always did like Smiley, and though he really made his mark in Mexico over the forthcoming years, I wouldn't mind seeing you invest in him at some point in the future. Highly underrated worker.

Ken Patera desperately needed a change at some point, and if it came at the expense of Brad Rheingans, so be it. Read like a really nice angle, and I think I said it previously, but Tully Blanchard being in the fold really helps add to that. I think it can pave the way for Blanchard's managerial status to take off. Long-term though, you have to question what Patera can bring to the table.

Colonel DeBeers is an interesting fodder for Wahoo McDaniel at this stage of the game, over the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. DeBeers' promo read really nicely, and Wahoo's retort helped set the stage for Christmas Chaos in a few weeks.

The tag team division is starting to really cook. Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton undoubtedly make solid AWA World Tag Team Champions, and I'm curious to see how you have Badd Company par off with them.

I was surprised to see Don Muraco and Johnnie Stewart go the distance in a time limit draw. Muraco may be past his peak at this point in time, but he makes for a great uppercarder.

I'm happy to see some competition for Magnificent Mimi after a year as AWA World Women's Champion. I think it's definitely time for a change, and I liked this angle though definitely feel Reggie Bennett or Tina Moretti fits the mold for the division going forward.

Nice way to bookend the show with Nikita Koloff of all people answering Kokina Maximus's challenge. I really liked watching Nikita work, and feel he's another very strong candidate in a roster that is very much growing in size and stature with time. The chickens are coming home to roost for the AWA after the struggles captured expertly in 1989.

AWA All-Star Wrestling - November, Week 4, 1990:

I think a fun part of seeing the product in this era is seeing the names you are bringing in to do enhancement work. Chris Candido made a fun cameo to help get Bobby Jaggers over, and the post-match interview was great in putting the focus on Jaggers' new Polish Hammer finisher. Basic build to set up a match with The Trooper.

Rightly so, great follow-up with further work done to put over the importance of Ken Patera's turn and allegiance with Tully Blanchard. It's justifiably so, one of the focal talking points of the week.

Reggie Bennett over Wanda Sykes was fine for what it was, coming off the angle on AWA Wrestling on ESPN this past week. She would make for a great centerpiece for the women's division, being a larger and dominant potential AWA World Women's Champion.

I take it that Tommy Rich is on the route to finding a permanent partner. So obviously Tom Zenk and Tommy Jammer were going to pick up the tag team win. It was funny hearing no reaction for Tom Stone, in addition to him losing the match in very decidingly fashion. This is an angle that has so much potential and is one that can be stretched out for however long you like. I always did like this angle. Interested to see who fits the role to a tee.

Ah, Tully Blanchard still getting some work in here or there. Nice production tidbit of the match being taped before the big Ken Patera turn. The post-match promo was really well written, as you master Tully's vocabulary. I would like to see him be the one to bring an end to Wahoo McDaniel's reign as AWA World Heavyweight Champion.

It's great to see both of these guys work a television main event. Barry Windham is obviously being primed for great things in the AWA, but I liked the fight Manny Fernandez put up against him.

Raider Nation

Reaction score

A quick note, but I really got a kick out of the article posted informing us that AWA would be leaving Minnesota in favor of Las Vegas. It's definitely a more fruitful location for a promotion soon to be back on the rise to prominence. It was very well-written, a love letter of sorts to the heritage of AWA's roots in in the midwest.

I think for a man the size of Kokina Maximus, the $250,000 body slam challenge works greatly. That is an awful lot of money for the AWA, gimmicked or not. I suppose when it comes to Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey, we can anticipate that he has deep, deep pockets. It feels like a good angle for Kokina, coming away from his unsuccessful run for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. He absolutely should be a mainstay on the AWA roster for the next couple of years.

Cactus Jack with the quick win over Norman Smiley was fine for what it was. He's another one to watch for longterm, and I am curious as to what 1991 has in store for him. I always did like Smiley, and though he really made his mark in Mexico over the forthcoming years, I wouldn't mind seeing you invest in him at some point in the future. Highly underrated worker.

Ken Patera desperately needed a change at some point, and if it came at the expense of Brad Rheingans, so be it. Read like a really nice angle, and I think I said it previously, but Tully Blanchard being in the fold really helps add to that. I think it can pave the way for Blanchard's managerial status to take off. Long-term though, you have to question what Patera can bring to the table.

Colonel DeBeers is an interesting fodder for Wahoo McDaniel at this stage of the game, over the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. DeBeers' promo read really nicely, and Wahoo's retort helped set the stage for Christmas Chaos in a few weeks.

The tag team division is starting to really cook. Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton undoubtedly make solid AWA World Tag Team Champions, and I'm curious to see how you have Badd Company par off with them.

I was surprised to see Don Muraco and Johnnie Stewart go the distance in a time limit draw. Muraco may be past his peak at this point in time, but he makes for a great uppercarder.

I'm happy to see some competition for Magnificent Mimi after a year as AWA World Women's Champion. I think it's definitely time for a change, and I liked this angle though definitely feel Reggie Bennett or Tina Moretti fits the mold for the division going forward.

Nice way to bookend the show with Nikita Koloff of all people answering Kokina Maximus's challenge. I really liked watching Nikita work, and feel he's another very strong candidate in a roster that is very much growing in size and stature with time. The chickens are coming home to roost for the AWA after the struggles captured expertly in 1989.

I think a fun part of seeing the product in this era is seeing the names you are bringing in to do enhancement work. Chris Candido made a fun cameo to help get Bobby Jaggers over, and the post-match interview was great in putting the focus on Jaggers' new Polish Hammer finisher. Basic build to set up a match with The Trooper.

Rightly so, great follow-up with further work done to put over the importance of Ken Patera's turn and allegiance with Tully Blanchard. It's justifiably so, one of the focal talking points of the week.

Reggie Bennett over Wanda Sykes was fine for what it was, coming off the angle on AWA Wrestling on ESPN this past week. She would make for a great centerpiece for the women's division, being a larger and dominant potential AWA World Women's Champion.

I take it that Tommy Rich is on the route to finding a permanent partner. So obviously Tom Zenk and Tommy Jammer were going to pick up the tag team win. It was funny hearing no reaction for Tom Stone, in addition to him losing the match in very decidingly fashion. This is an angle that has so much potential and is one that can be stretched out for however long you like. I always did like this angle. Interested to see who fits the role to a tee.

Ah, Tully Blanchard still getting some work in here or there. Nice production tidbit of the match being taped before the big Ken Patera turn. The post-match promo was really well written, as you master Tully's vocabulary. I would like to see him be the one to bring an end to Wahoo McDaniel's reign as AWA World Heavyweight Champion.

It's great to see both of these guys work a television main event. Barry Windham is obviously being primed for great things in the AWA, but I liked the fight Manny Fernandez put up against him.
I think I can speak for lots of posters when I say thanks for the comments. You go out of your way to read and post comments for most everyone. Much appreciated.

The only thing I can say is keep checking in. I think you're gonna read some things that will shock your system very soon.

Thanks for the kind words about Tully's speaking style. That's what I was going for. I think most BTB writers write with the voice of whom they're writing at the moment in their heads.

Really had fun writing those AWA going to Vegas articles. Glad you liked them. Tried giving it a pretty big deal feel.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a quick message and thank you for the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTP

Raider Nation

Reaction score
1717628717087.png

AWA WRESTLING ON ESPN - SHOWBOAT SPORTS PAVILION - LAS VEGAS, NV - DECEMBER 1990

Announcers: Joe Pedicino & Bill Dundee

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Larry Nelson

(# Aired on a previous AWA program)

(1st Taping)

Show Intro

COLD OPEN:
Larry Nelson was standing in the ring with AWA promoter Jim Crockett, Tina Moretti and 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

Nelson: With me right now are AWA promoter Jim Crockett, Tina Moretti and Reggie Bennett.

Jim, we hear you have some news concerning Christmas Chaos.

Jim: I do, Larry.

At Christmas Chaos, Magnificent Mimi will be defending the AWA Women's World Championship. And the match will be against one of these two ladies with me in the ring.

Crowd cheered.

Jim: Tina and Reggie. You both are worthy contenders to face Mimi at Christmas Chaos. Unfortunately, only one of you will be getting the title shot that evening.

After a long, intense discussion with members of the AWA Championship Committee we have made our decision.

Believe me, it was not an easy decision.

But, we have decided that at Christmas Chaos, Magnificent Mimi will be defneding the championship against...

Crockett looked at both women and the women had looks of anticipation on their faces.

Jim: ...Reggie Bennett!

Mainly cheers but some boos from Tina fans.

Tina and Reggie hugged.

Tina: Reggie, congratulations on getting the championship match against Mimi.

I know, and these fans know, you can topple her from her throne and become the new Women's World Champion.

We are all behind you, Reg. Go get 'em, girl.

Tina and Reg embraced once again and Tina then left the ring and headed back up the face aisle.

Reg: Let me just say that Tina Moretti is a serious contender in her own right. She will have her chance to win the gold one day as well.

I want to thank the AWA Championship Comnmittee and promoter Jim Crockett for allowing me this opportunity.

I've worked hard to get where I am in this sport.

I promise that I will give it everything I have and then some on December 11th at the St. Paul,Civic Center.

Jim: Both you and Tina are deserving and like you said Reggie, Tina will get her shot one day also.

Nelson: Reggie, we all saw what happened last week at Mimi's one-year anniversary celebration as the Women's World Champion. You shoved her fance and her manager Valerie's face into the cake they had specially made for the event.

Does that incident have any bearing on the match with Mimi at Christmas Chaos?

Reg: Larry, if Mimi does not shove that cake in Tina's face then none of that would have happened.

Mimi and Val got what they deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Crowd cheered.

Cheers melted into boos as Val and Mimi made their way down the heel aisle to the ring.

Both were in street clothes and Mimi had the belt slung over her shoulder.

The pair stepped into the ring and walked up to Reg, Jim and Larry.

Mimi: Jim Crockett! I will not wrestle this moose!

Crowd booed.

Mimi: This woman is too large and very reckless in the ring! I am too beautiful to be putting the belt on the line against her! She could maim me with her bull in a china shop ring style!

Jim: You don't want to wrestle her, Mimi. Okay.

Mimi: That's more like it! Reggie Bennett is a walking OSHA report!

Jim: You can just hand over the Women's World Title for failure to fulfill your obligations as champion and we'll make the match Reggie Bennett vs. Tina Moretti for the held up Women's World Championship.

Crowd popped.

Mimi and Val beside themselves.

Val: You can't do this to us! Mimi's the champion so that means we call the shots! No title match for Reggie Bennett!

Jim: You refuse to wrestle her and you're stripped of the title, Mimi. What's your choice?

Val and Mimi briefly talked with one another.

Mimi: I'll defend the belt against this wall! But I am doing it under protest!

More boos.

Val: Reggie also owes me $150 dollars for the cake she ruined last week during Mimi's anniversary celebration!

Nelson: Reggie, you have been quiet during all this.

Reg: Mimi. Val. There's really not much for me to say. I'll let my actions in the ring at Christmas Chaos do my talking for me. See you in St. Paul.

Crowd cheered as Reggie left the ring and headed back up the heel aisle and slapped hands with fans along the way.

Mimi: If that's the way the championship committee wants it, fine! But we'll plan a strategy that 'Miss I Take Up 2 Seats On A Plane' won't be able to overcome!

Jim Crockett! Prepare to be made a fool out of for ordering this match!

Jim: You just make sure you're at Christmas Chaos with the belt.

In-studio: Larry Nelson talked about Jim Crockett making the Women's World Title match between champion Mimi and Reggie Bennett at Christmas Chaos and the reactions of the parties involved.

Nelson then ran down the program:

AWA World Champion Wahoo McDaniel wrestles

Another Christmas Chaos Report

Badd Company (w/ Mgr. DDP) sees action

A look back at what transpired last week at Mimi's one-year as champion celebration

A look back at the end of last week's match between Don Muraco and Jonnie Stewart plus comments from both men

Brad Rheingans laces 'em up for the first time since Ken Patera turned on him

And more!

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... GREAT AWA ACTION!!!

Commercials

Nikita Koloff won a squash match over Dusty Wolfe via pinfall with his Russian sickle finisher

Nikita got a strong crowd response coming down the face aisle.

During the match, Announcers put over Nikita accepting Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey's $250,000 dollar challenge. If Nikita bodyslams and pins Kokina in the same match then he wins the money. If Nikita Loses, he must got to work for Kaissey.

In-studio: Nelson talked about Nikita accepting Kaissey's challenge.

Nelson hyped Christmas Chaos.

Pic aired of Reggie Bennett shoving Mimi's and Val's faces in the cake with the caption: NEXT... CELEBRATION CANCELLED!!!

Commercials/AWA Tour Updates

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the end of last week's one-year celebration for Mimi as champion.

VIDEO:

# Mimi: So, right now, I'm going to ask. Are there any wrestlers who want to celebrate with us and enjoy a piece of this delicious, decadent chocolate cake?!

Crickets as there no one was coming out.

Val: Don't be bashful. Get out here.

More waiting.

Val: Anyone?

Brief wait.

Val: Well, that just leaves more cake for me and the champ. The rest of you lost out on one of the best cakes you will ever eat.

How about you, Nelson? You want some cake?

Nelson: Why not...

Crowd popped as Tina Moretti made her way down the face aisle to the ring and climbed in.

Mimi: Look who it is. Another perpetual contender.

Val laughed.

Tina: I came out here to say something to both of you. The women's division is expanding and getting better in the AWA. And I'm coming for that belt, Mimi. I'm coming fast and hard for it. You had better be at your best when we wrestle because I might just relieve you of that belt.

Crowd cheered.

Val had cut some of the cake and handed a piece on a plate to Mimi.

Mimi: We can worry about that some other time, Tina. How about a nice piece of chocolate cake?

Tina looked at the heel pair and then Mimi rubbed the piece of cake in TIna's face. Tina shocked and started rubbing the cake off her face as Val and Mimi pointed at laughed at her like immature high school broads.

Crowd popped as 'Big' Reggie Bennett came charging down the face aisle and hit the ring behind Val, Mimi, Nelson and Tina.

Reggie grabbed Mimi and Val by the back of their heads and slammed and rubbed their faces into the big cake as the crowd cheered.

Mimi stunned and pissed about what just happened as she wiped the cake out of her eyes. Val slipped on some cake in the ring and took a prat fall to the delight of the crowd.

Mimi cleaned the chocolate out of her eyes and then saw who did the cake face smashing and jumped back.

Reg: I can tell you one thing, Mimi! And I 100 percent guarantee it! There will be no second anniversary for you as the Women's World Champion!

Crowd popped.

Mimi hastily gabbed the belt off the table and clutched it to her chocolate cake-covered chest.

Tina now pointed and laughed at Val and MImi before she and Reg left the ring together and headed back up the face aisle to solid cheers.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Brad Rheingans with the caption: NEXT... BRAD RETURNS!!

Brad Rheingans vs. Tiger Chung-Lee

Rheingans came down the face aisle to a good ovation

Rheingans was making quick work of Lee and dominating the match and then...

Pedicino: It's Tully and Ken!

Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera, in their ring attire, charged down the heel aisle, hit the ring and attacked Rheingans.

Ref called for the bell (No contest).

Val had casually strolled down to ringside and was watching the felony.

Tully and Ken were hammering away on Brad. Brad in a bad way.

Crowd popped as Barry Windham, in his ring attire, charged down the face aisle and hit the ring.

Barry threw haymakers at both Tully and Ken that connected. Barry then laid into Tully with punches and Ken clubbed Barry from behind and he and Tully pounded away on Barry. Brad recovered and joined in the fray. Fans into it.

The fighting continued a little longer before AWA officials made their way down to the ring to restore order. Val signaled for her men to leave the ring and they did while Barry and Brad were kept at bay.

Tully, Ken and Val looked on from the floor as the segment ended.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... ANOTHER CHAOS REPORT!!

Commercials

CHRISTMAS CHAOS REPORT

# Nelson: Welcome to the Christmas Chaos Report. I'm Larry Nelson.

Christmas Chaos will be taking place on Tuesday, DeCember 11th, the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota with a bell time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Tickets are on sale now.

For tickets, contact Ticket Master or call the St. Paul Civic Center at 1 (651) 555-3891 or visit the Civic Center box office.

The show will also be airing live on ESPN.

We've got two new matches to announce this week but first we'll take a look at the two matches already signed for the event.

For the AWA World Championship, World Champion Wahoo McDaniel will defend the belt against the controversial South African Col. DeBeers.

The war of words between these two has already been intense and this week is no different as we hear from the challenger DeBeers.

VIDEO:

DeBeers was standing in front of the AWA logo in his camo gear with mic in hand.

DeBeers: It is now less than two weeks until a new era is born in the AWA.

At Christmas Chaos on December 11th I, Col. DeBeers, will be crowned the new AWA World Heavyweight Champion when I defeat the savage Indian Wahoo McDaniel.

When I become the champion, I will be ushering in the era of the new man. This man will be a noble man. A man worthy of being a champion. A man worthy of holding the highest titles in the field of sports.

A cloud of darkness will be lifted from over the sport of professional wrestling when I put Wahoo down like a sick, mangy dog.

This is my manifest destiny. And you cannot stop manifest destiny; it's like trying to hold back the wind.

Everyone watching this right now needs to make sure they're watching ESPN on December 11th.

For the dawning of a new and golden era will begin in the AWA. It will be the era of survival of the fittest. And being of the most fit people on planet earth, that means I will be a great survivor for a long, long time.

Only another member of the strong race will ever be able to take me down. But that's only if they haven't allowed the mental and physical pollution of America and the West to infect them.

The strong, the noble, the wise. These are only found in one people. A great people and a fighting people.

The American Indian carries none of this within him.

Wahoo, you were a feel good story for much of 1990.

But the end of that story is written at Christmas Chaos with the rise of the new champion and the new man.

END VIDEO

Nelson:
More strong and rather unsettling words from Col. DeBeers.

Chief Wahoo McDaniel will be appearing later in the program and we'll hear what he has to say.

Also, for the AWA World Tag Team Titles, Scott Norton and Billy Jack Haynes will be defending against the suddenly resurgent team of Badd Company.

Let's hear from the challengers and then the champions.

VIDEO:

Shot of DDP, Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond standing in front of the AWA logo. All were in street clothes. DDP had a mic.

DDP: I knew this day would return for us! We hit a rough patch for a period of time, but we dug ourselves out of that hole and are now once again the #1 contender's for the AWA World Tag Team Championships!

And at Christmas Chaos, you can remove the #1 contender tag from us! These guys are gonna give the best gift of all Christmas season by becoming the new AWA World Tag Team Champions!

That's right! We're gonna be the Grinch for Billy Jack Haynes and Scot Norton for the holidays!

Badd Company has been denied for far too long! We are once again gonna take our place at the top of the tag team ladder!

Haynes and Norton! You boys are gonna need to gift wrap those belts! Because Tanaka and Diamond would love nothing better than to open them under the tree on Christmas morning! What a Kodak Moment that would be!

Pic flipped and Norton and Haynes, both in street clothes with the belts slung over their shoulders and mics in hand, were standing in front of the AWA logo.

Norton: Badd Company, you have earned your shot at these tag team titles!

But we know how you guys operate! Especially with that slippery manager of yours Dallas Page at ringside!

You guys are a dangerous team on your own!

If you're gonna beat us and take these belts from us at Christmas Chaos, at least do it like men!

Keep your manager out of the match!

Haynes: We've been the tag team champions now for three months and we've been fighting champions!

As Scott said, come at us like the men you claim to be, Tanaka and Diamond!

Don't rely on outside help from Dallas Page!

You take us down cleanly then you've earned these belts!

And I'm gonna say one thing to Mr. Page!

Dallas, if you interfere in this match using that cane and I get a hold of it, I'll take that cane and shove it so far up where the sun don't shine that you'll need surgery to have it removed!

Fight us on your own, boys! Be real men!

END VIDEO

Nelson:
In another match just signed this week, Nikita Koloff will be squaring off against Kokina Maximus.

Let's take a look at how that match came together.

VIDEO:

In-ring: Larry Nelson was once again standing with Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

Nelson: We are running low on time.

Sheik, earlier you came out with that briefcase and offered the $250,000 in it to any wrestler who could slam and pin or force a submission from Kokina in one match. The other side to this challenge was that if the wrestler who accepted the challenge lost, then they would have to come to work for you.

Kaissey: That is correct! There were no takers earlier! And this is the last chance for someone to accept this offer before it goes away and will never be offered again!

Nelson: Are there any takers now?

No one was coming out.

Nelson: We are almost out of time. We need someone to come out and accept Sheik's challenge right now if they're brave enough.

Still no one coming out.

Nelson: We're gonna have to wrap the show up if no one comes out now. And I mean now!

No one coming.

Nelson: Going once. Going twice...

Crowd popped as someone finally came down the face aisle.

Pedicino: It's Nikita Koloff!

Koloff, in his ring attire, made his way down the aisle and stepped in the ring and walked up to Kaissey and Nelson.

Koloff: Sheik Adnan. I accept your challenge!

Koloff and Kaissey stared at each other as the crowd cheered and the program went off the air.

END VIDEO

Nelson:
Now, let's hear from Nikita and Kokina's manager, Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

VIDEO:

Nikita Koloff was standing in front of the AWA logo in street clothes with mic in hand.

Koloff: Sheik Adnan! You offer $250,000 dollars if a wrestler can bodyslam and pin Kokina Maximus in the same match!

I have accepted your challenge!

I am willing to risk having to go to work for you for a chance at the money and to be the first wrestler in the entire sport to slam and defeat Kokina!

If I do not accomplish my, how you say, mission, then I will work for you! I won't like it but these are the rules you have made!

I will honor my end of the, how you say, bargain if I lose!

Pic flipped and Kaissey was standing in his Arab garb and holding a mic in front of the AWA logo.

Kaissey: I admire you for your bravery, Nikita!

No other wrestlers were man enough to accept my challenge!

If you bodyslam and defeat Kokina in the same match, then you will be given $250,000 dollars of my money in cold, hard cash!

This is a one-time challenge! It will not be offered again to anyone!

But while I admire your courage, Nikita, I also think that you don't know what you have gotten yourself into!

Kokina is the indestructible force in wrestling today! And no one has been able to bodyslam him!

I have a feeling, Koloff, that you're coming to work for me after you fail to get the job done at Christmas Chaos!

And I already have a list of things for you to do when I take over your life and career!

Nelson: Both sides seem determined to win the challenge put forth by Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

Either Nikita gets the $250,000 dollars by bodyslamming and defeating Kokina Maximus. Remember, the slam and the win must occur in the same bout.

Or, Nikita Koloff must go to work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey if the Russian Nightmare is not up to the task of toppling Kokina Maximus.

Finally, the newest match added to Christmas Chaos.

You fans heard the announcement earlier in the program.

The Magnificent Mimi will defend the AWA Women's World Title against 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

Christmas Chaos is shaping up to be quite the show for the holiday season.

And next week we'll have the final Christmas Chaos Report and will inform you fans of any new matches that are added.

I'm Larry Nelson. See you again next week with the Christmas Chaos Report.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Badd Company with the caption: NEXT... NEXT TAG CHAMPIONS!!!

Commercials

Badd Company (w/ Mgr. DDP) won a squash match over Wayne & Shuster when Tanaka pinned Shuster after a Diamond superkick into a Tanaka German suplex

Badd Co. was strongly booed coming down the heel aisle.

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the end of last week's match between Don Muraco and Jonnie Stewart with comments following form both men.

VIDEO:

# Stewart snapped Muraco up and whipped Muraco at the ropes. Muraco stumbled and fell forward with his head, arms and shoulders hanging out over the middle rope. Stewart moved in and stood over Muraco and proceeded to jump up and nail Muraco with a trio of ass drops to the back. Ref ordered Stewart back and checked on Muraco. Muraco hurting. Muraco made his way to his feet. Stewart moved in and Muraco caught Stewart in a bearhug and drove Stewart hard, back-first into the buckles. Stewart staggered out and crashed to the mat. Muraco moved in and grabbed Stewart, whipped Stewart into the ropes and caught Stewart coming off with a second powerslam in the mat. Muraco fought through the pain as he stood up and gestured it was time for his inverted piledriver finisher. Crowd into it. Muraco snapped Stewart up, struggled to turn Stewart upside down but finally did so and blasted Stewart with his inverted piledriver finisher to the delight of the crowd.

DING! DING! DING!

Muraco covered Stewart. Ref patted Muraco on the back three times. Muraco to his feet. Ref informed him of what happened. Muraco not happy.

DECISION: Time-Limit Draw - 10:00

Pic flipped and Don Muraco, in street clothes and holding a mic, was standing in front of the AWA logo.

Muraco: I had him beat, dammit!

If the match only had three more seconds I would have defeated Jonnie Stewart!

This kind of match ending is frustrating to say the least! Victory was mine but time was my enemy!

I want another match with Jonnie Stewart! One that has a longer time-limit so there's the chance for a clear winner!

Three seconds! That's all that stood between me and victory over Jonnie Stewart!

Pic flipped and Stewart, in street clothes and holding a mic, was standing in front of the AWA logo.

Stewart: Some people will say that if the match had just gone a few seconds longer then Jonnie Stewart would have lost to Don Muraco.

How do you know?

He did hit me with that inverted piledriver of his. Believe me, that thing hurts like you would not believe.

But, he wasn't able to pin me. If the match would have gone a little longer, I'll let you in on a little secret, I would have kicked out of Muraco's pin attempt. He would have failed to get the win.

People need to realize that the 'Wrestler of the '90s' is not your normal wrestler.

Other wrestlers, lots of 'em, succumb to Muraco's finisher. I would not have on this night.

He hit me with his biggest move. But the reality is that he would not have finished me off with it.

Dream on, Donny Boy. Dream on.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of AWA WC Wahoo McDaniel with the caption: NEXT... THE CHAMP!!!

Commercials

NON-TITLE: Wahoo McDaniel (WC) won a squash match over Jack Armstrong via pinfall with his big chest chop finisher

Wahoo got a strong ovation coming to the ring.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Nelson:
Wahoo, the hour is fast approaching. You will be defending the AWA World Championship against Col. DeBeers at Christmas Chaos.

The Colonel has made some very controversial statements so far leading up to this match.

What are your thoughts as you prepare for this huge title defense?

Wahoo: Larry, as I've said before, this match with Col. DeBeers is about much more than this title.

This is about fighting for all that is good about America versus an evil, racist ideology.

Col. DeBeers is not a man to be taken lightly. And he's a man who will stoop to any level, no matter how low, to become the new World Champion and usher in a dark ages in professional wrestling.

If he wins the belt at Christmas Chaos it will be a sad day for this sport as a whole. His beliefs are opposed to everything that makes America great.

A DeBeers victory would be bad news. That's all there is to it.

But, I want the fans to know that I'll fight harder than I've ever fought to retain the World Title to keep the belt respectable.

Fans cheered.

Nelson: Those are some strong words. DeBeers is obviously a man on a mission. He wants to win for white world supremacy. Let's not look at this situation through rose-colored glasses. He's determined to not only win the title for himself but also for a vile political ideology.

Wahoo: You're spot on, Larry. He's politicizing the World Championship. And a win by him, in his mind at least, makes it a victory for evil over good.

You cannot...

Crowd cheered as Don Muraco made his way down the face aisle to the ring.

Muraco climbed in the ring an walked up to Nelson and Wahoo.

Wahoo: Don, what are you doing out here?

Muraco: Wahoo, look. I know you've got a big title defense coming up at Christmas Chaos.

But, you haven't been all that clear on the matter of us teaming up again to go after the World Tag Team Titles. I know we can win those belts if we get back together.

It's just a matter of if and not when.

Wahoo: I have said this to you before. My schedule is very busy right now. We will one day team up again and go after the tag team titles. It just won't be right now.

Muraco: When, Chief? When will it happen? I just need to know. I'm dying to have us reunite.

Wahoo: When there's an opening in my schedule we'll get back together.

Muraco: You can't give me a specific time frame?

Wahoo: No. I can't right now. Just give it time, Don.

Muraco: You really need to let me know when I can start looking to train for tag team wrestling again. I can already feel those belts around our waists.

Wahoo was agitated.

Wahoo: Look here. It will happen when it happens. Right now I'm too busy.

Muraco: Too busy for your old friend? You really need a reality che...

Wahoo now angry.

Wahoo: That's it! You know... I'm tired of dealing with this right now, Don.

You know what? I'm done talking about it right now. I've got other things to do.

Wahoo stormed out of the ring as Muraco looked on from the ring as the program went off the air.

END PROGRAM

Last edited:

Raider Nation

Reaction score

DTP,

They need to create a Commenter of the Year award for prolific commenters like you. Seriously.

BTW, and I may have misunderstood, but just for clarification, Tully Blanchard is managed by Valerie (Valerie French, aka, Sunshine in World Class and Bill Watts' UWF). No biggie. But I wanted to let you know.

Ric Flair comes on to Sunshine (WCCW):

Reactions: DTP

Raider Nation

Reaction score
AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING SYNDICATED SHOW - QUANDT FIELDHOUSE - STEVENS POINT, WI - DEC. 1990

ANNOUNCERS:
Jack Reynolds & David Crockett

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Eric Bischoff

(# Aired on a previous AWA program.)

(1st Taping)

In-studio:
Larry Nelson welcomed viewers and ran down the program:

NON-TITLE:
Scott Norton & Billy Jack Haynes (WTTC) vs. Billy Joe Travis & The Shootist (From USWA)

Another Christmas Chaos Report

A look back at the end of the Don Muraco-Jonnie Stewart match from last week on AWA on ESPN with comments from both Stewart and Muraco.

A look back at the surprise abrupt ending of Mimi's one-year anniversary celebration on last week's AWA on ESPN

Tina Moretti sees action

Akio Sato & Ninja Go wrestle

And more!

Nelson sent it to the ring in Duluth.

The Trooper won a squash match over Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker via pinfall with his flying shoulder tackle finisher

Trooper got a strong ovation coming to the ring down the face aisle and handed out souvenir speeding tickets along the way.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Trooper, you just took down another member of law enforcement in Buddy Lee Parker of the State Patrol.

But you have your sights set on a bigger prize.

Trooper: I do, I've got my sights set on that Pro Wrestling Heritage Championship held by Greg Valentine.

Everyone saw what happened a few weeks ago. I had Valentine on the verge of defeat and time just ran out.

Well, the next time we step into the ring time might just run out on Valentine's reign!

Crowd cheered.

Trooper: I know with every fiber of my being that I can beat Valentine for the Pro Wrestling Heritage Championship and I think these people do, too.

More cheers.

Trooper: Valentine! It's not a matter of if but when. There will be another battle between us! And there will be a winner!

I've got your number, Hammer! It's time for a change and I aim to be that change!

Eric: The Trooper, everybody!

More cheers.

Video aired of Reggie Bennett shoving Mimi's and Val's face in the cake during her celebration with the caption: NEXT... PARTY'S OVER!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the end of last week's one-year celebration for Mimi as champion.

VIDEO:

# Mimi: So, right now, I'm going to ask. Are there any wrestlers who want to celebrate with us and enjoy a piece of this delicious, decadent chocolate cake?!

Crickets as there no one was coming out.

Val: Don't be bashful. Get out here.

More waiting.

Val: Anyone?

Brief wait.

Val: Well, that just leaves more cake for me and the champ. The rest of you lost out on one of the best cakes you will ever eat.

How about you, Nelson? You want some cake?

Nelson: Why not...

Crowd popped as Tina Moretti made her way down the face aisle to the ring and climbed in.

Mimi: Look who it is. Another perpetual contender.

Val laughed.

Tina: I came out here to say something to both of you. The women's division is expanding and getting batter in the AWA. And I'm coming for that belt, Mimi. I'm coming fast and hard for it. You had better be at your best when we wrestle because I might just relieve you of that belt.

Crowd cheered.

Val had cut some of the cake and handed a piece on a plate to Mimi.

Mimi: We can worry about that some other time, Tina. How about a nice piece of chocolate cake?

Tina looked at the heel pair and then Mimi rubbed the piece of cake in TIna's face. Tina shocked and started rubbing the cake off her face as Val and Mimi pointed at laughed at her like immature high school broads.

Crowd popped as 'Big' Reggie Bennett came charging down the face aisle and hit the ring behind Val, Mimi, Nelson and Tina.

Reggie grabbed Mimi and Val by the back of their heads and slammed and rubbed their faces into the big cake as the crowd cheered.

Mimi stunned and pissed about what just happened as she wiped the cake out of her eyes. Val slipped on some cake in the ring and took a prat fall to the delight of the crowd.

Mimi cleaned the chocolate out of her eyes and then saw who did the cake face smashing and jumped back.

Reg: I can tell you one thing, Mimi! And I 100 percent guarantee it! There will be no second anniversary for you as the Women's World Champion!

Crowd popped.

Mimi hastily gabbed the belt off the table and clutched it to her chocolate cake-covered chest.

Tina now pointed and laughed at Val and MImi before she and Reg left the ring together and headed back up the face aisle to solid cheers.

END VIDEO

In-studio: Nelson talked about the cake event. Hyped Christmas Chaos on December 11. Nelson said that there would be major news about the Women's World Title match in the Christmas Chaos Report.

Pic aired of Akio Sato & Ninja Go with the caption: NEXT... MENACE FROM THE FAR EAST!!!

Commercials/Market-specific promos for house show cities/Generic promos for non-house show cities

Akio Sato & Ninja Go won a squash match over Jerry Allen & Terry Daniels when Sato pinned Allen with his Japanese Vegematic (sitout powerbomb) finisher

Sato & Go were modestly booed coming down the heel aisle.

In-studio: Nelson hyped Christmas Chaos.

Video aired from the Muraco-Stewart match with the caption: NEXT... CLOSE CALL!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the end of last week's match between Don Muraco and Jonnie Stewart with comments following from both men.

VIDEO:

# Stewart snapped Muraco up and whipped Muraco at the ropes. Muraco stumbled and fell forward with his head, arms and shoulders hanging out over the middle rope. Stewart moved in and stood over Muraco and proceeded to jump up and nail Muraco with a trio of ass drops to the back. Ref ordered Stewart back and checked on Muraco. Muraco hurting. Muraco made his way to his feet. Stewart moved in and Muraco caught Stewart in a bearhug and drove Stewart hard, back-first into the buckles. Stewart staggered out and crashed to the mat. Muraco moved in and grabbed Stewart, whipped Stewart into the ropes and caught Stewart coming off with a second powerslam. Murtaco fought through the pain as he stood up and gestured it was time for his inverted piledriver finisher. Crowd into it. Muraco snapped Stewart up, struggled to turn Stewart upside down but finally did so and blasted Stewart with his inverted piledriver finisher to the delight of the crowd.

DING! DING! DING!

Muraco covered Stewart. Ref patted Muraco on the back three times. Muraco to his feet. Ref informed him of what happened. Muraco not happy.

DECISION: Time-Limit Draw - 10:00

Pic flipped and Don Muraco, in street clothes and holding a mic, was standing in front of the AWA logo.

Muraco: I had him beat, dammit!

If the match only had three more seconds I would have defeated Jonnie Stewart!

This kind of match ending is frustrating to say the least! Victory was mine but time was my enemy!

I want another match with Jonnie Stewart! One that has a longer time-limit so there's the chance for a clear winner!

Three seconds! That's all that stood between me and victory over Jonnie Stewart!

Pic flipped and Stewart, in street clothes and holding a mic, was standing in front of the AWA logo.

Stewart: Some people will say that if the match had just gone a few seconds longer then Jonnie Stewart would have lost to Don Muraco.

How do you know?

He did hit me with that inverted piledriver of his. Believe me, that thing hurts like you would not believe.

But, he wasn't able to pin me. If the match would have gone a little longer, I'll let you in on a little secret, I would have kicked out of Muraco's pin attempt. He would have failed to get the win.

People need to realize that the 'Wrestler of the '90s' is not your normal wrestler.

Other wrestlers, lots of 'em, succumb to Muraco's finisher. I would not have on this night.

He hit me with his biggest move. But the reality is that he would not have finished me off with it.

Dream on, Donny Boy. Dream on.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Tina Moretti with the caption: NEXT... WHERE'S TINA???!!!

Commercials/Market-specific promos for house show cities/Generic promos for non-house show cities

Tina Moretti won a squash match over Major Gunns via pinfall with her Samoan pilderiver finisher

Tina got a solid response coming down the face aisle.

In-studio: Nelson talked up the AWA women's division and how Mimi has a few ladies now breathing down her neck for the gold.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... CHAOS REPORT!!!

Commercials

CHRISTMAS CHAOS REPORT

Christmas Chaos will be taking place on Tuesday, December 11th, the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota with a bell time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Tickets go on sale now!.

For tickets, contact Ticket Master or call the St. Paul Civic Center at 1 (651) 555-3891 or visit the Civic Center box office.

We've got two new matches to announce this week but first we'll take a look at the two matches already signed for the event.

For the AWA World Championship, World Champion Wahoo McDaniel will defend the belt against the controversial South African Col. DeBeers.

The war of words between these two has already been intense and this week is no different as we hear from the challenger DeBeers.

VIDEO:

DeBeers was standing in front of the AWA logo in his camo gear with mic in hand.

DeBeers: It is now less than two weeks until a new era is born in the AWA.

At Christmas Chaos on December 11th I, Col. DeBeers, will be crowned the new AWA World Heavyweight Champion when I defeat the savage Indian Wahoo McDaniel.

When I become the champion, I will be ushering in the era of the new man. This man will be a noble man. A man worthy of being a champion. A man worthy of holding the highest title in the field of sports.

A cloud of darkness will be lifted from over the sport of professional wrestling when I put Wahoo down like a sick, mangy dog.

This is my manifest destiny. And you cannot stop manifest destiny; it's like trying to hold back the wind.

Everyone watching this right now needs to make sure they're watching ESPN on December 11th.

For the dawning of a new and golden era will begin in the AWA. It will be the era of survival of the fittest. And being one of the most fit people on planet earth, that means I will be a great survivor for a long, long time.

Only another member of the strong race will ever be able to take me down. But that's only if they haven't allowed the mental and physical pollution of America and the West to infect them.

The strong, the noble, the wise. These are only found in one people. A great people and a fighting people.

The American Indian carries none of this within him.

Wahoo, you were a feel good story for much of 1990.

But the end of that story is written at Christmas Chaos with the rise of the new champion and the new man.

END VIDEO

Nelson:
More strong and rather unsettling words from Col. DeBeers.

Also, for the AWA World Tag Team Titles, Scott Norton and Billy Jack Haynes will be defending against the suddenly resurgent team of Badd Company.

Let's hear from the challengers and then the champions.

VIDEO:

Shot of DDP, Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond standing in front of the AWA logo. All were in street clothes. DDP had a mic.

DDP: I would knew this day would return for us! We hit a rough patch for a period of time, but we dug ourselves out of that hole and are now once again the #1 contender's for the AWA World Tag Team Championships!

And at Christmas Chaos, you can remove the #1 contender tag from us! These guys are gonna give the best gift of all Chrtistmas season by becoming the new AWA World Tag Team Champions!

That's right! We're gonna be the Grinch for Billy Jack Haynes and Scot Norton for the holidays!

Badd Company has been denied for far too long! We are once again gonna take our place at the top of the tag team ladder!

Haynes and Norton! You boys are gonna need to gift wrap those belts! Because Tanaka and Diamond would love nothing better than to open them under the tree on Christmas morning! What a Kodak Moment that would be!

Pic flipped and Norton and Haynes, both in street clothes with the belts slung over their shoulders and mics in hand, were standing in front of the AWA logo.

Norton: Badd Company, you have earned your shot at these tag team titles!

But we know how you guys operate! Especially with that slippery manager of yours Dallas Page at ringside!

You guys are a dangerous team on your own!

If you're gonna beat us and take these belts from us at Christmas Chaos, at least do it like men!

Keep your manager out of the match!

Haynes: We've been the tag team champions now for three months and we've been fighting champions!

As Scott said, come at us like the men you claim to be, Tanaka and Diamond!

Don't rely on outside help from Dallas Page!

You take us down cleanly then you've earned these belts!

And I'm gonna say one thing to Mr. Page!

Dallas, if you interfere in this match using that cane and I get a hold of it, I'll take that cane and shove it so far up where the sun don't shine that you'll need surgery to have it removed!

Fight us on your own, boys! Be real men!

END VIDEO

Nelson:
In another match just signed this week, Nikita Koloff will be squaring off against Kokina Maximus.

Let's take a look at how that match came together.

VIDEO:

In-ring: Larry Nelson was once again standing with Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

Nelson: We are running low on time.

Sheik, earlier you came out with that briefcase and offered the $250,000 in it to any wrestler who could slam and pin or force a submission from Kokina in one match. The other side to this challenge was that if the wrestler who accepted the challenge lost, then they would have to come to work for you.

Kaissey: That is correct! There were no takers earlier! And this is the last chance for someone to accept this offer before it goes away and will never be offered again!

Nelson: Are there any takers now?

No one was coming out.

Nelson: We are almost out of time. We need someone to come out and accept Sheik's challenge right now if they're brave enough.

Still no one coming out.

Nelson: We're gonna have to wrap the show up if no one comes out now. And I mean now!

No one coming.

Nelson: Going once. Going twice...

Crowd popped as someone finally came down the face aisle.

Pedicino: It's Nikita Koloff!

Koloff, in his ring attire, made his way down the aisle and stepped in the ring and walked up to Kaissey and Nelson.

Koloff: Sheik Adnan. I accept your challenge!

Koloff and Kaissey stared at each other as the crowd cheered and the program went off the air.

END VIDEO

Nelson:
Now, let's hear from Nikita and Kokina's manager, Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

VIDEO:

Nikita Koloff was standing in front of the AWA logo in street clothes with mic in hand.

Koloff: Sheik Adnan! You offer $250,000 dollars if a wrestler can bodyslam and pin Kokina Maximus in the same match!

I have accepted your challenge!

I am willing to risk having to go to work for you for a chance at the money and to be the first wrestler in the entire sport to slam and defeat Kokina!

If I do not accomplish my, how you say, mission, then I will work for you! I won't like it but these are the rules you have made!

I will honor my end of the, how you say, bargain if I lose!

Pic flipped and Kaissey was standing in his Arab garb and holding a mic in front of the AWA logo.

Kaissey: I admire you for your bravery, Nikita!

No other wrestlers were man enough to accept my challenge!

If you bodyslam and defeat Kokina in the same match, then you will be given $250,000 dollars of my money in cold, hard cash!

This is a one-time challenge! It will not be offered again to anyone!

But while I admire your courage, Nikita, I also think that you don't know what you have gotten yourself into!

Kokina is the indestructible force in wrestling today! And no one has been able to bodyslam him!

I have a feeling, Koloff, that you're coming to work for me after you fail to get the job done at Christmas Chaos!

And I already have a list of things for you to do when I take over your life and career!

Nelson: Both sides seem determined to win the challenge put forth by Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey.

Either Nikita gets the $250,000 dollars by bodyslamming and defeating Kokina Maximus. Remember, the slam and the win must occur in the same bout.

Or, Nikita Koloff must go to work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey if the Russian Nightmare is not up to the task of toppling Kokina Maximus.

Finally, the newest match added to Christmas Chaos.

The Magnificent Mimi will defend the AWA Women's World Title against 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

Christmas Chaos is shaping up to be quite the show for the holiday season.

And next week we'll have the final Christmas Chaos Report and will inform you fans of any new matches that are added.

I'm Larry Nelson. See you again next week with the Christmas Chaos Report.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... AWA VS. USWA!!!

TV NMAIN EVENT - NON-TITLE:
Billy Jack Haynes & Scott Norton vs. Billy Joe Travis & The Shootist (From USWA)

Shootist and Travis made their way down the heel aisle to modest boos.

Haynes and Norton (WTTC) came down the face aisle to a strong ovation.

Announcers hyped Haynes and Norton defending the tag belts against Badd Co. at Christmas Chaos.

The USWA wrestlers put up a fight for much of the match before Haynes forced The Shootist to submit to his full nelson finisher.

WINNER: Haynes & Norton - Submission - 6:35

END PROGRAM

Raider Nation

Reaction score
EARLY DECEMBER 1990

AWA HQ - ST. LOUIS PARK, MN

Bill Watts and Jim Crockett were having a heated discussion in Watts' office.

Jim: Bill, I really don't like this finish for this match.

Bill: Why not? It will accomplish two things at Christmas Chaos. It's a good finish.

Jim: Half of it is. But half of it makes me nervous.

Bill: You'll get over it, Jim. It lays the groundwork for the major title change.

Jim: It does accomplish that. But can't you have them drop the title to someone else?

Bill: I could but then it wouldn't make sense.

Look, this brings their issue full circle. The title change will be huge, Jim.

They've never held it before. The fans will really respond to it.

Jim: We've been asked not to do this but you're gonna go ahead and do it anyway.

Watts: I know what I'm doing, Jim. Just let me handle it. Any heat that comes our way well, I'll bear the brunt of it. I'll take one for the team.

Jim: This will piss off some very important people.

Watts: They'll get over it. We handle the wrestling side of things, not them. They don't understand why certain things are done.

Jim: What if they don't get over it? This could affect business in a very negative way.

Watts: I'll do the talking if they're upset. I'll explain what we're doing but will not reveal any long range plans to them. If we let them know what's gonna happen on our shows, since most are taped, they'll blab about it to others. Kayfabe needs to be seriously enforced when it comes to protecting our plans.

Jim: I do not like this at all.

Watts: You don't have to like it. It's just a piece of business. We have to move forward with it because the wheels are already in motion.

Jim: You can put the brakes on, Bill. Please re-think this.

Watts: Too late, the brake lines have been cut. This is gonna play out and you will see it was the right move over the long haul. Relax.

Jim: I'm thinking about the long-term. The possible impact on our business could be bleak after this. We may not recover if you pull the trigger on it.

Watts: Just let me handle everything. All is under control.

Jim: I don't... I don't know what else to say.

Watts: It's gonna be okay, Jim. I believe this is gonna help us in the long run.

We've already got a start to this angle and we'll have a finish that runs in a nice, straight line.

Everyone wins in the end. Us. The fans. It will all be good when it is finished.

The impact will be great.

But will the impact be the inadvertent demise of the company?

STAY TUNED...

Raider Nation

Reaction score
1718492723561.png

AWA WRESTLING ON ESPN - SHOWBOAT SPORTS PAVILION - LAS VEGAS, NV - DECEMBER 1990

Announcers: Joe Pedicino & Bill Dundee

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Larry Nelson

(2nd Taping)

Show Intro

In-studio:
Larry Nelson welcomed viewers.

Said this was the final AWA on ESPN before Christmas Chaos.

Nelson then ran down the program.

Col. DeBeers wrestles a tune-up match before Christmas Chaos

The final Christmas Chaos Report (Two new matches have been added this week)

A look back at Reggie Bennett being awarded the AWA Women's World Title shot against Magnificent Mimi

A look back at the attack on Brad Rheingans by Ken Patera and Tully Blanchard with Barry Windham coming to Rheingans' aid

Jonnie Stewart sees action

Barry Windham wrestles

'Big' Reggie Bennett is here

And more!

Nelson sent it to the ring in Vegas!

Shot of a stretcher at ringside.

Kokina Maximus won a squash match over Ken Massey via pinfall with his Bonzai Drop (ass drop to the chest from the middle turnbuckle)

Kokina, manager Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey and the Masked Doctor were strongly booed coming to the ring down the heel aisle.

Announcers discussed the $250,000 dollar challenge match between Kokina and Nikita Koloff coming up at Christmas Chaos.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Masked Doc checked on the obliterated Massey while Nelson spoke with Kaissey as Kokina stood looking on menacingly behind him.

Nelson: Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey, the big $250,000 dollar challenge is coming up very shortly at Christmas Chaos.

This may be Kokina's biggest test to date as he faces the 'Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff.

Kaissey: There is a lot of chatter out there about this match!

If Nikita bodyslams and beats Kokina in the match, then he wins $250 grand!

The money is right here in this briefcase I am holding!

This is the only time this challenge will occur! After this then no more!

Nikita, you have one shot to do this! No man has bodyslammed Kokina and no man has beaten Kokina! He is a force of nature! Kokina is a hurricane, earthquake and raging flood all rolled into one man!

And let's not forget! If Nikita fails to bodyslam Kokina and beat him in the match, then he not only loses out on the money, he also has to come to work for me!

I am already planning for how I will use Nikita!

Nelson: Can you tell us how you intend to use him?

Kaissey: You will know that when he fails to complete the goals laid out in the challenge at Christmas Chaos!

But, I will tell you this! When Nikita comes to work for me he must do everything I tell him!

And it says in the contract we signed that he will have to work for me for one year! He will be my possession for 365 days!

Nikita will do what I say or he will suffer!

Nelson: Those are chilling words to say the least.

Kaissey: Imagine how chilling they will be for Nikita!

Nelson: Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey and Kokina Maximus, everyone!

Crowd booed.

Pic aired of Reggie Bennett with the caption: NEXT... REG GETS THE NOD!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd the decision last week regarding who would be facing Women's Champ Magnificent Mimi for the title at Christmas Chaos.

VIDEO:

In-ring: Larry Nelson was standing in the ring with AWA promoter Jim Crockett, Tina Moretti and 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

# Nelson: With me right now are AWA promoter Jim Crockett, Tina Moretti and Reggie Bennett.

Jim, we hear you have some news concerning Christmas Chaos.

Jim: I do, Larry.

At Christmas Chaos, Magnificent Mimi will be defending the AWA Women's World Championship. And the match will be against one of these two ladies with me in the ring.

Crowd cheered.

Jim: Tina and Reggie. You both are worthy contenders to face Mimi at Christmas Chaos. Unfortunately, only one of you will be getting the title shot that evening.

After a long, intense discussion with members of the AWA Championship Committee we have made our decision.

Believe me, it was not an easy decision.

But, we have decided that at Christmas Chaos, Magnificent Mimi will be defending the championship against...

Crockett looked at both women and the women had looks of anticipatio9n on their faces.

Jim: ...Reggie Bennett!

Mainly cheers but some boos from Tina fans.

Tina and Reggie hugged.

Tina: Reggie, congratulations on getting the championship match against Mimi.

I know, and these fans know, you can topple her from her throne and become the new Women's World Champion.

We are all behind you, Reg. Go get 'em, girl.

Tina and Reg embraced once again and Tina then left the ring and headed back up the face aisle.

Reg: Let me just say that Tina Moretti is a serious contender in her own right. She will have her chance to win the gold one day as well.

I want to thank the AWA Championship Committee and promoter Jim Crockett for allowing me this opportunity.

I've worked hard to get where I am in this sport.

I promise that I will give it everything I have and then some on December 11th at the St. Paul Civic Center.

Jim: Both you and Tina are deserving and like you said Reggie, Tina will get her shot one day also.

Nelson: Reggie, we all saw what happened last week at Mimi's one-year anniversary celebration as the Women's World Champion. You shoved her face and her manager Valerie's face into the cake they had specially made for the event.

Does that incident have any bearing on the match with Mimi at Christmas Chaos?

Reg: Larry, if Mimi does not shove that cake in Tina's face then none of that would have happened.

Mimi and Val got what they deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Crowd cheered.

Cheers melted into boos as Val and Mimi made their way down the heel aisle to the ring.

Both were in street clothes and Mimi had the belt slung over her shoulder.

The pair stepped into the ring and walked up to Reg, Jim and Larry.

Mimi: Jim Crockett! I will not wrestle this moose!

Crowd booed.

Mimi: This woman is too large and very reckless in the ring! I am too beautiful to be putting the belt on the line against her! She could maim me with her bull in a china shop ring style!

Jim: You don't want to wrestle her, Mimi. Okay.

Mimi: That's more like it! Reggie Bennett is a walking OSHA report!

Jim: You can just hand over the Women's World Title for failure to fulfill your obligations as champion and we'll make the match Reggie Bennett vs. Tina Moretti for the held up Women's World Championship.

Crowd popped.

Mimi and Val beside themselves.

Val: You can't do this to us! Mimi's the champion so that means we call the shots! No title match for Reggie Bennett!

Jim: You refuse to wrestle her and you're stripped of the title, Mimi. What's your choice?

Val and Mimi briefly talked with one another.

Mimi: I'll defend the belt against this wall! But I am doing it under protest!

More boos.

Val: Reggie also owes me $150 dollars for the cake she ruined last week during Mimi's anniversary celebration!

Nelson: Reggie, you have been quiet during all this.

Reg: Mimi. Val. There's really not much for me to say. I'll let my actions in the ring at Christmas Chaos do my talking for me. See you in St. Paul.

Crowd cheered as Reggie left the ring and headed back up the face aisle and slapped hands with fans along the way.

Mimi: If that's the way the championship committee wants it, fine! But we'll plan a strategy that 'Miss I Take Up 2 Seats On A Plane' won't be able to overcome!

Jim Crockett! Prepared to be made a fool out of for ordering this match!

Jim: You just make sure you're at Christmas Chaos with the belt.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Barry Windham with the caption: NEXT... THE TALL TEXAN!!!

Commercials/AWA Tour Update

Barry Windham won a squash match over Fatu via pinfall with his flying lariat finisher

Barry Windham was accompanied by Brad Rheingans and got a strong response coming down the face aisle.

Announcers discussed the attack on Rheingans by Patera and Tully and Windham coming to Brad's aid.

Video aired of the attack on Rheingans by Patera and Tuily with Barry running in to help Brad with the caption: NEXT...FIGHT INTENSIFIES!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the attack on Brad Rheingans on last week's AWA on ESPN.

VIDEO:

# Rheingans was making quick work of Lee and dominating the match and then...

Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera, in their ring attire, charged down the heel aisle, hit the ring and attacked Rheingans.

Crowd popped as Barry Windham, in his ring attire, charged down the face aisle and hit the ring.

Barry threw haymakers at both Tully and Ken that connected. Barry then laid into Tully with punches and Ken clubbed Barry from behind and he and Tully pounded away on Barry. Brad recovered and joined in the fray. Fans into it.

The fighting continued a little longer before AWA officials made their way down to the ring to restore order. Val signaled for her men to leave the ring and they did while Barry and Brad were kept at bay.

Tully, Ken and Brad looked on from the floor as the segment ended.

END VIDEO

Commercials

Pic aired of Reggie Bennett with the caption: NEXT WOMEN'S CHAMPION???!!!

Commercials

'Big' Reggie Bennett won a squash match over Linda McMahon via submission with her split-leg rear chinlock submission hold

Bennett got a good ovation coming to the ring.

Announcers played up Reg's devastating finisher and said if Mimi gets caught in it her reign is over.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... FINAL CHAOS REPORT!!!

Commercials

CHRISTMAS CHAOS REPORT

This is the final Christmas Chaos Report before the big show.

Christmas Chaos will be taking place on Tuesday, December 11th, at the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota with a bell time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Tickets are on sale now.

We have two more matches that have been added to the card to announce this week.

But first, let's take a look at the matches already announced for Christmas Chaos.

For AWA World Championship, World Champion Wahoo McDaniel will be defending the title against the controversial Col. DeBeers.

The war of words between these two has been intense and the match should have a heat level of extreme.

Wahoo is fighting for the American way and DeBeers is fighting for his vicious political ideology.

Much more is at stake in this match than just the belt.

Also, Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton will be defending the AWA World Tag Team Titles against Badd Company.

Badd Company has been on a roll lately and they seem to have enough momentum right now to possibly de-throne the current champions.

For the AWA Women's World Championship, Magnificent Mimi, who has been the Women's Champion for over a year now, will be defending against 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

This promises to be one for the books as Mimi is defending against a woman with a significant size advantage.

Let's hear from Reggie and then champion Mimi.

VIDEO:

Shot of Reggie in street clothes and holding a mic and standing in front of the AWA logo.

Reg: Magnificent Mimi and Valerie! This is it! The time has come!

At Christmas Chaos, if I catch Mimi in my rear chinlock finisher then she's finished!

Valerie, you'd better be careful where you tread that night in St. Paul! Because if you try to interfere and I catch you then I will squash you like a grape and they'll have to scrape you off the mat with a spatula!

See you ladies, and I use the term ladies loosely here, at Christmas Chaos!

Pic flipped and Mimi and Val, both in street clothes and holding mics, were standing in front of the AWA logo. Mimi had the belt cradled in her left arm.

Mimi: I want it known that I am wrestling this match under protest!

Reggie Bennett is extremely reckless in the ring and a threat to my physical well-being!

But Reggie better know this! I have the best manager in the sport today in Valerie!

They say two heads are better than one! And while Reggie may have the brawn we have the brains!

Reggie needs to realize that while she can physically overpower me, she can't outsmart us! Not in a million years!

Tell 'em, Val!

Val: Mimi, you just stated what needed to be said!

Reggie Bennett will never be able to out-duel us in a test of wits!

She may think she can win on her raw power alone!

But she can't out-think us!

We are putting the final touches on our match plan and when all is said and done Mimi will still be the Women's Champion after Christmas Chaos!

END VIDEO

Nelson:
The Women's Title match is shaping up to be an interesting clash of styles.

Can Mimi and Valerie outsmart Reggie Bennett? Or will Reggie overwhelm Mimi with sheer force and end her run as champion?

In the $250,000 dollar challenge match, Nikita Koloff does battle with Kokina Maximus.

For Nikita to win the money, he must bodyslam and defeat Kokina in the match.

If Nikita loses, he has to work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey for a year.

This is a one shot deal. Nikita either wins a quarter of a million dollars or becomes the property of Shek Adnan El-Kaissey.

It promises to be a must see match.

Now, here are the two matches just added to Christmas Chaos.

First, after they battled to a 10-minute draw in their encounter recently, a match where Muraco had just hit Stewart with his devastating inverted piledriver as the bell rang, it's gonna be Jonnie Stewart vs. Don Muraco in a match with a 20-minute time-limit.

Finally, with all that has transpired between them in recent weeks, Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera will square off against Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans in a match with a lot of bad blood.

Let's hear from Ken and Tully followed by comments from Rheingans and Windham.

VIDEO:

Shot of Tully, Ken and their manager Valerie, all in street clothes and each holding mics, standing in front of the AWA logo.

Ken:
I can tell you that signing with Valerie is the best career decision I have ever made.

Rheingans, the reality is you were holding me back! You were an anchor that was keeping me from achieving my true greatness!

I've broken free from you and now the sky is the limit for me!

And with Tully as my tag team partner at Christmas Chaos, we begin our march to the the top of the AWA when we take down Barry and Brad at Christmas Chaos!

We want all the titles and we're gonna make lots and lots of money!

Tully: Well said, Ken! Our ascension is just beginning!

The AWA is our oyster and we will have it all!

Windham and Rheingans are gonna learn first-hand what no mercy truly means!

In baseball, you have what are know as five tool players! They're players who have everything in terms of talent and skill!

Well in wrestling, Ken and I are like those five tool players! We're the guys who have all the talent and skill!

You'll see it on display when we step into the ring with Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans at Christmas Chaos!

Valerie has an eye for the best this sport has to offer!

Magnificent Mimi's already the Women's Champion! Soon, Ken Patera and Tully Blanchard are gonna have gold around our waists! And bigger bank accounts, too!

Val: Signing Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera should send a message to every wrestler out there that I can take great wrestling talent and make it even greater!

And the first step to greatness is gonna be a big win over Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans at Christmas Chaos!

Pic flipped and Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans, both in street clothes and holding mics, were standing in front of the AWA logo.

Barry: Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera! You two just keep escalating things to the boiling point!

At Christmas Chaos, you're gonna face the wrath of me and Brad Rheingans!

This won't be a match... it will be a brawl! There's certainly no love lost here!

The intensity will be so high you can feel it through your TV's at home!

We've got a score to settle and we intend to do just that on December 11th!

Brad: This might be a tag team match. But, I am gonna focus all of my ire on you, Ken Patera.

All that talk for months about how'd you'd never turn on the fans or me and go with Valerie and you wind up doing just that.

Brother, you sold everyone out for the almighty dollar and promises from a sleazy manager that you'll win lots and lots of championships under her.

I'm still in shock over what happened between us.

But, I take solace in knowing that I have a true friend watching my back in Barry Windham. Unlike you, Patera, I know I can trust this man by my side.

And we're gonna bring the fight to you and Tully Blanchard at Christmas Chaos.

See you two in St. Paul.

END VIDEO

Nelson:
There you have it. The complete card for Christmas Chaos.

The show takes place Tuesday, December 11th at the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Tickets are still available if you want to be there live. And the event will also be airing live on ESPN.

Christmas Chaos has a start time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Don't miss a minute of the action either live in the arena or on ESPN.

I'm Larry Nelson. See you at Christmas Chaos.

Pic aired of Col. DeBeers with the caption: NEXT... MANIFEST DESTINY???!!!

Commercials

Col. DeBeers won a squash match over Indian wrestler Chief Jay Strongbow, Jr. via pinfall with his face-first piledriver

DeBeers was strongly booed coming down the heel aisle to the ring.

Announcers discussed DeBeers' controversial remarks about Wahoo and other racial statements in recent weeks.

After winning the match, DeBeers left the ring and went over and grabbed the ring bell off the timekeeper's table and brought it into the ring.

Pedicino: What's he gonna do with the bell?!

DeBeers set the bell down in the ring.

Pedicino: Is he gonna face-first piledrive Strongbow, Jr. into the bell?!

DeBeers graabed Strongbow, Jr. and prepared to hoist him up for a face-first piledriver on the ring bell.

Peidcino: If DeBeers pulls this off he'll shatter Strongbow, Junior's face!

Crowd popped as Wahoo McDaniel, in his ring attire and carrying the AWA World Title, charged down the face aisle and hit the ring.

DeBeers released Strongbow, Jr. as Wahoo dropped the title belt in the ring and charged over and jumped on DeBeers and started pounding away on the Colonel as the crowd roared. DeBeers managed to fight back and the two started brawling in the ring as the heat went way up. The two were slugging it out when wrestlers from both the face and heel locker rooms charged down their repspective aisles and hit the ring and, after a brief struggle, managed to pull the two men apart. The heels dragged DeBeers to one corner and the faces dragged Wahoo to the opposite corner and held the two men at bay. Both men glaring at one another from across the ring. Wahoo then broke away from being held in his corner and charged over and jumped into the crowd of wrestlers holding DeBeers back and Wahoo started pounding DeBeers as the fans erupted. DeBeers managed to get in a few shots before the pair was separated once again. Crowd eating it up. The two men started barking at each other over a wall of face and heel wrestlers as the program went off the air.

END PROGRAM

Raider Nation

Reaction score
1718760329039.png

PRESENTS

CHRISTMAS CHAOS

LIVE ON ESPN!

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11 - 8PM EASTERN/5PM PACIFIC

ST. PAUL CIVIC CENTER - ST. PAUL, MN

MAIN EVENT!!!

FOR THE AWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

'Chief' Wahoo McDaniel (WC) vs. Col. DeBeers

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Scott Norton & Billy Jack Haynes (WTTC) vs. Badd Company (w/ Mgr. Dallas Page)

$250,000 CHALLENGE MATCH

Nikita Koloff vs. Kokina Maximus (w/ Mgr. Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey & The Masked Doctor)

If Nikita slams and beats Kokina he wins the money! If Kokina wins, Nikita must work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey for a year!

TAG TEAM WAR

Tully Blanchard & Ken Patera (w/ Mgr. Valerie) vs. Barry Windham & Brad Rheingans

AWA WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Magnificent Mimi (w/ Mgr. Valerie) vs. 'Big' Reggie Bennett

PLUS!

ONE FALL WITH A 20-MINUTE TIME-LIMIT

Don Muraco vs. Jonnie Stewart

SEE WHO'S NAUGHTY AND NICE AT CHRISTMAS CHAOS!

(NOTE: There will be one more All-Star Wrestling posted before Christmas Chaos.)

Last edited:

Raider Nation

Reaction score
1718926494618.png

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING SYNDICATED SHOW - QUANDT FIELDHOUSE - STEVENS POINT, WI - DEC. 1990

ANNOUNCERS:
Jack Reynolds & David Crockett

Ring Announcer/Interviewer:
Eric Bischoff

(2nd Taping)

In-studio:
Larry Nelson welcomed viewers and ran down the program:

Nelson informed viewers this was the final All-Star Wrestling before Christmas Chaos.

Nelson then ran down the program:

Nikita Koloff wrestles

Final words from AWA WC Wahoo McDaniel and Col. DeBeers before their epic World Title clash at Christmas Chaos

The final Christmas Chaos Report

Badd Company wrestles

At look back at the recent attack on Brad Rheingans on AWA on ESPN by Tully and Patera with Barry Windham coming to Brad Rheingans' aid

Jonnie Stewart sees action

Rip Oliver & The Grappler see action

And more!!

Nelson sent it to the ring in Stevens Point.

Don Muraco win a squash match over Ripper Savage via pinfall with his inverted piledriver finisher

Muraco got a strong ovation coming down the face aisle.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Don Muraco, you're really looking solid in the ring right now. We know you had a tough match recently with Jonnie Stewart that ended in a draw. You have made it clear that you would have beaten him if there was just a little more time left on the clock.

Don: That's right, Eric. The match only had a 10-minute time-limit. The fans saw it, I hit him with my inverted piledriver and the bell rang. Just three more seconds and I would have pinned him and won the match. I'll make it clear, I want a re-match with the man and I want the match to have a longer time-limit.

And there's something else I want to talk about.

One thing we haven't touched on is how it could be me facing Wahoo for the World Championship at Christmas Chaos. DeBeers beat me in our tournament match by holding my tights to score the pin. DeBeers, I'm watching you, brother.

Wahoo McDaniel, I know you're getting ready to face Col. DeBeers with the World Title on the line at Christmas Chaos. I know you have a very busy schedule with your title defenses.

But, you need to clear time on that schedule so you and I can team up again and make a run at the World Tag Team Titles.

This is something we should be concentrating on.

Eric: The World Title defenses do comsume most of his time right now. Do you think it's fair to ask him to get all distracted by making a run at the tag titles at the moment?

Don: He owes it to himself to try and become a World Tag Team Champion. He'd be holding two World championships if we were successful.

Eric: Are you sure this isn't really all about you? It seems kind of selfish.

Muraco suddenly grabbed Bischoff by the lapels of his jacket and Bischoff dropped the mic.

Muraco glared at Bischoff for a moment and then let him go and left the ring and walked back up the face aisle to a perplexed crowd reaction.

Pic aired of Rip Oliver and The Grappler with the caption: NEXT... CRIPPLER & GRAPPLER

Commercials

Rip Oliver & The Grappler won a squash match over Steve Gatorwolf & Scott McGhee via pinfall when Oliver pinned McGhee with his spinebuster finisher

Oliver and Grap came down the heel aisle to a pretty strong negative reaction.

Before the match, Oliver and Grappler got on the mic.

Rip: I'll be brief. You Wisconsin-ites suck!

Crowd booed.

Rip: This whole state is a crime against decency! And everything has cheese in it or on it!

Thank god I come from the great Pacific Northwest and not the land of cheese and the sorry Green Bay Packers!

More boos. Grappler took the mic.

Grappler: The old man in Portland is quite happy with the way things are going for us right now here in the AWA.

You still may not have figured out what we're doing here yet. But you will understand one day.

Everywhere we go, me and Rip wreak havoc. We tear up wrestlers and whole towns. We can be a very destructive force.

When all is finally revealed, we will turn the wrestling world upside down.

Armageddon's coming. The only question is when we'll set off the bomb to really kick things into high gear.

More booing.

Video aired of the attack on Rheingans by Tully and Ken with Barry Windham coming to Brad's aid with the caption: NEXT... ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!!

In-studio: Nelson intro'd footage from the attack on Brad Rheingans on last week's AWA on ESPN.

VIDEO:

# Rheingans was making quick work of Lee and dominating the match and then...

Tully, Ken and Brad looked on from the floor as the segment ended.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Badd Co. with the caption: NEXT... GOING FOR THE GOLD!!!

Badd Co. (w/ Mgr. DDP) won a squash match over Ali Velshi & Joe Scarborough when Tanaka pinned Scarborough after a catapault into a jumping DDT

Badd Co. was pretty strongly booed coming to the ring.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Badd Company is gonna be squaring off at Christmas Chaos against tag champions Billy jack Haynes and Scott Norton for the titles.

Dallas Page, your team has been on a roll lately and has earned this title shot.

DDP: You don't need to tell me we've earned it. We deserve this more than any other team in the AWA right now.

Badd Company is riding the wave of big mo momentum right now. We are hot.

And Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton are about to get burned at Christmas Chaos.

This is our chance to grab the brass ring and we are not letting it go.

You people need to tune in on Tuesday December 11th to ESPN and see what greatness looks like because you'll never be great; but you can see greatness up close.

We are on a hot streak. It's like we keep hitting 21 at blackjack.

And we're gone hit our biggest score yet when we rip those titles from the grasp of Norton and Haynes.

Crowd booed.

Eric: Badd Company, everyone.

Split-screen pic aired of Wahoo McDaniel and Col. DeBeers with the caption: NEXT... LAST WORDS!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd the final comments from AWA WC Wahoo McDaniel and Col. DeBeers before their World Title match at Christmas Chaos.

VIDEO:

Shot of DeBeers in his camo gear with mic in hand standing in front of the AWA logo.

DeBeers: These are my final words before I face World Champion Wahoo McDaniel for the title at Christmas Chaos.

December 11th, 1990, is a day that will long be remembered by wrestling fans.

On that day manifest destiny will be realized. My manifest destiny.

Wahoo McDaniel will not be able to stop this man on a mission that is about so much more than just a belt. This is political.

This is about South African honor and decency vs. American decadence and filth.

When I defeat Wahoo at Christmas Chaos on Tuesday, it will be a moment when time will stand still in this sport.

When the referee raises my hand and hands me that big silver championship belt, it will be a turning point that will make pro wrestling spin off its collective axis.

You will finally have a champion that is a true hero. A man who stands for all that is right and just. The superman will rise over the riff-raff low man.

It will be a victory for a noble political ideology and a noble people.

The day is coming for a major change in this sport. And that day is December 11th, 1990.

Pic flipped and Wahoo was in street clothes and his head dress. He had the belt around his waist and holding a mic.

Wahoo: The hour is upon us, people.

I know you've got my back as I head into my World Title clash with Col. DeBeers.

Fans have been stopping me everywhere telling me that they're behind me 100 percent and they want me to defeat a man that is living, breathing evil.

I hear you, fans. And I'm gonna do everything in my power to take down Col. DeBeers.

This is not only the biggest title match of my career; it's also the biggest match of my life, period.

I am going to hold nothing back. I am going to fight like a rabid dog against a fierce opponent who, if he had his way, would live in some whites only utopia.

Col. DeBeers is filled with hate. And that hate cannot rise to the top in AWA. It has to be shut down.

December 11th is the day when goodness must triumph over evil.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of Jonnie Stewart with the caption: NEXT... HERE'S JONNIE!!!

Jonnie Stewart won a squash match over Mike Jackson via pinfall with his big elbow off the top rope finisher

Stewart was booed coming to the ring.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Jonnie, Don Mu...

Stewart ripped the microphone out of Eric's hand. Eric not having a good day.

Jonnie: Don Muraco! You want to face me in a match with more time than 10 minutes?! That's alright with me, bro!

I'm not gonna need 10 minutes to beat you the next time we meet!

The 'Wrestler of the '90s' is just too hot right now to fail!

I'm rising and rising and rising!

You'll be a huge stepping stone for me, Muraco, as I climb the ladder to the top of the AWA and the wrestling world!

Stewart tossed the mic back at Eric and left the ring to boos.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... FINAL CHAOS REPORT!!!

Commercials

CHRISTMAS CHAOS REPORT

This is the final Christmas Chaos Report before the big show.

Christmas Chaos will be taking place on Tuesday, December 11th, the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota with a bell time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Tickets on sale now.

We have two more matches that have been added to the card to announce this week.

But first, let's take a look at the matches already announced for Christmas Chaos.

For the AWA World Championship, World Champion Wahoo McDaniel will be defending the title against the controversial Col. DeBeers.

The war of words between these two has been intense and the match should have a heat level of extreme.

Wahoo is fighting for the American way and DeBeers is fighting for his vicious political ideology.

Much more is at stake in this match than just the belt.

Also, Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton will be defending the AWA World Tag Team Titles against Badd Company.

Badd Company has been on a roll lately and they seem to have enough momentum right now to possibly de-throne the current champions.

For the AWA Women's World Championship, Magnificent Mimi, who has been the Women's Champion for over a year now, will be defending against 'Big' Reggie Bennett.

This promises to be one for the books as Mimi is defending against a woman with a significant size advantage.

Let's hear from Reggie and then the champion Mimi.

VIDEO:

Shot of Reggie in street clothes and holding a mic standing in front of the AWA logo.

Reg: Magnificent Mimi and Valerie! This is it! The time has come!

At Christmas Chaos, if I catch Mimi in my rear chinlock finisher then she's finished!

Valerie, you'd better be careful where you tread that night in St. Paul! Because if you try to interfere and I catch you then I will squash you like a grape and they'll have to scrap you off the mat with a spatula!

See you ladies, and I use the term ladies loosely here, at Christmas Chaos!

Pic flipped and Mimi and Val, both in street clothes and holding mics, were standing in front of the AWA logo. Mimi had the belt cradled in her left arm.

Mimi: I want it known that I am wrestling this match under protest!

Reggie Bennett is extremely reckless in the ring and a threat to my physical well-being!

But Reggie better know this! I have the best manager in the sport today in Valerie!

They say two heads are better than one! And while Reggie may have the brawn we have the brains!

Reggie needs to realize that while she can physically overpower me, she can't outsmart us! Not in a milion years!

Tell 'em, Val!

Val: Mimi, you just stated what needed to be said!

Reggie Bennett will never be able to out-duel us in a test of wits!

She may think she can win on her raw power alone!

But she can't out-think us!

We are putting the final touches on our match plan and when all is said and done Mimi will still be the Women's Champion after Christmas Chaos!

END VIDEO

Nelson: The Women's Title match is shaping up to be an interesting clash of styles.

Can Mimi and Valerie outsmart Reggie Bennett? Or will Reggie overwhelm Mimi with sheer force and end her run as champion?

In the $250,000 dollar challenge match, Nikita Koloff does battle with Kokina Maximus.

For Nikita to win the money, he must bodyslam and defeat Kokina in the match.

If Nikita doesn't complete the task, he has to work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey for a year.

This is a one shot deal. Nikita either wins a quarter of a million dollars or becomes the property of Shek Adnan El-Kaissey.

It promises to be a must-see match.

Now, here are the two matches just added to Christmas Chaos.

First, after they battled to a 10-minute draw in their encounter recently, a match where Muraco had just hit Stewart with his devastating inverted piledriver finisher as the bell rang, it's gonna be Jonnie Stewart vs. Don Muraco in a match with a 20-minute time-limit.

Finally, with all that has transpired between them in recent weeks, Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera will square off against Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans in a match with a lot of bad blood.

Let's hear from Ken and Tully followed by comments from Rheingans and Windham.

VIDEO:

Shot of Tully, Ken and their manager Valerie, all in street clothes and each holding mics, standing in front of the AWA logo.

Ken: I can tell you that signing with Valerie is the best career decision I have ever made.

Rheingans, the reality is you were holding me back! You were an anchor that was keeping me from achieving my true greatness!

I've broken free from you and now the sky is the limit for me!

And with Tully as my tag team partner, we begin our march to the the top of the AWA when we take down Barry and Brad at Christmas Chaos!

We want all the titles and we're gonna make lots and lots of money!

Tully: Well said, Ken! Our ascension is just beginning!

The AWA is our oyster and we will have it all!

Windham and Rheingans are gonna learn first-hand what no mercy truly means!

In baseball, you have what are know as five tool players! They're players who have everything in terms of talent and skill!

Well in wrestling, Ken and I are like those five tool players! We're the guys who have all the talent and skill!

You'll see it on display when we step into the ring with Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans at Christmas Chaos!

Valerie has an eye for the best this sport has to offer!

Magnificent Mimi's already the Women's Champion! Soon, Ken Patera and Tully Blanchard are gonna have gold around our waists! And bigger bank accounts, too!

Val: Signing Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera should send a message to every wrestler out there that I can take great wrestling talent and make it even greater!

And the first step to greatness is gonna be a big win over Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans at Christmas Chaos!

Pic flipped and Barry Windham and Brad Rheingans, both in street clothes and holding mics, were standing in front of the AWA logo.

Barry: Tully Blanchard and Ken Patera! You two just keep escalating things to the boiling point!

At Christmas Chaos, you're gonna face the wrath of me and Brad Rheingans!

This won't be a match... it will be a brawl! There's certainly no love lost here!

The intensity will be so high you can feel it through your TV's at home!

We've got a score to settle and we intend to do just that on December 11th!

Brad: This might be a tag team match. But, I am gonna focus a lot of my ire on you, Ken Patera.

All that talk for months about how'd you'd never turn on the fans or me and go with Valerie and you wind up doing just that.

Brother, you sold everyone out for the almighty dollar and promises from a sleazy manager that you'll win lots and lots of championships under her.

I'm still in shock over what happened between us.

But, I take solace in knowing that I have a true friend watching my back in Barry Windham. Unlike you, Patera, I know I can trust this man by my side.

And we're gonna bring the fight to you and Tully Blanchard at Christmas Chaos.

See you two in St. Paul.

END VIDEO

Nelson: There you have it. The complete card for Christmas Chaos.

The show talks place Tuesday, December 11th at the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Tickets are still available if you want to be there live. And the event will also be airing live on ESPN.

Christmas Chaos has a start time of 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific.

Don't miss a minute of the action either live in the arena or on ESPN.

I'm Larry Nelson. See you at Christmas Chaos.

Pic aired of Nikita Koloff with the caption: NEXT... NIKITA + $250 GRAND!!!

Commercials

Nikita Koloff won a squash match over Gary Royal via pinfall with his Russian sickle finisher

Koloff got a strong ovation coming down the face aisle to the ring.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Nikita, you are just a short time away from facing Kokina Maximus at Christmas Chaos and there's a lot on the line.

Nikita: There is, Eric.

If I bodyslam and defeat Kokina in the match, I win $250,000 dollars of the Sheik's money.

But, if I lose I have to go to work for the Sheik.

Eric: What if you do lose, Nikita? You would have to work for Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey. He would treat you like he owned you. You would be stuck doing whatever he commanded you to do.

That's a big risk when you consider Kokina has never been beaten nor has he been slammed since he arrived in the AWA.

Nikita: I not go into this match with, how you say, blinders on. I know what I am getting into.

If I lose, I will accept the stipulation put forward by Sheik Adnan. I will work for him for a year. It might be, how you say, humiliating at times, but that's the risk you take.

I bodyslam and beat Kokina, then I win $250 grand.

Kokina is big and powerful. He's beaten everyone who has dared to step in the ring with him.

But he's got to lose sometime.

I am big and powerful, too. I know I can slam him if given the chance. And, most importantly of all, I know I can beat Kokina.

Crowd cheered.

Eric: Well, Nikita, I think I speak for these fans out here when I say we want to see you get the job done and show to the world that Kokina's not invincible.

More cheers.

Nikita: We're gonna find out at Christmas Chaos, Eric.

I either win the money or lose my freedom and am forced to work for the Sheik.

END PROGRAM