Are you a Rock lover or a Rock hater?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rock - Love or Hate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
257i2dj.jpg

Now, this isn't really meant to turn into a rock flaming thread, so I hope that it doesn't. All I want to know is whether you support or don't support The Rock in any of his wrestling-related endeavors. It's more to satisfy my own curiosity, because I do remember things getting a little stupid in the LD's last year when he was back. I'd really hate to see things return to that level again this year, so I'm hoping that people can at least find some common ground even if they differ in opinion regarding the dude. Maybe if people can get all their feelings out in this thread (in a relatively mature manner), everyone can enjoy the upcoming LD's without fear of backlash or reprisal for having differences of opinion.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm sort of in the middle but I lean over to that I dislike him more than I like him. I find his stupid catchphrases incredibly annoying.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
More of a lover than a hater, but more neutral than anything. I definitely have respect for him, having built himself a miniature empire. And I definitely used to love him in the ring and on the mic. One of my favorite feuds was with him and Austin and an underrated mini-feud back then was with him and Y2J.. they had some awesome encounters in 2000-2001. And even now you have to respect him as an entertainer even if it sometimes seems a little phoned in or if it just seems like blatant pandering and cheap heat. He still cuts better promos than most of the superstars on the roster.. so yeah, I like having him arunnd for nostalgia and simple interest, and he doesn't detract anything from the show, that's for sure.

That being said I would rather he didn't hold the WWE Championship or anything like that.. and if it comes down to him vs Punk, I'd much rather he didn't go over.

-CM-

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of his. He's always been my favourite wrestler since the first show I ever seen. He can do whatever he wishes.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Bit of man-love for the Great One. #teambringit #boots2asses

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well I'd be lying if I said I supported him. I still don't think it's fair that Mr movie star can leave for 7 years and come back whenever the fuck he wants. I'm sick of hearing about his stupid twitter account and his millions of catchphrases. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed his match against Cena. I thought he looked fantastic considering it's been so long. But as long as he just comes back whenever he wants, I'm not gonna give him my full support. It looks like he'll be here for most of WrestleMania season so my opinion might change.

As for now I voted "he sucks balls"

The Viper

Reaction score
I don't know if I can actually vote because I don't think he sucks balls (although that is hilarious), I don't love him, I like Muraco and I unfortunately (kidding) know who The Rock is.

I just don't really care for him anymore. Obviously, last year around Survivor Series time I did and some discussions got heated but that was last year. I just personally don't agree with having Rock come back and just beat Punk for the title, ending a 400+ day title reign to a guy that's not on the active roster anymore. I get that he's a legend in the sport, but you're pretty much giving the WWE Title to a movie star, not a wrestler (I only say that because, again, he's not an active wrestler anymore and he's a full time actor).

But that's really all I'm gonna say on the matter for now. Oh and shtick is incredibly tired, IMHO.

Enforcer

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I love him, but he makes me laugh, just like every other wrestler you need a break from them every so often, but with him being gone... I believe that I realized what he brought to the game, his verbal skills, his comedy skills, I love listening to him run his yap... that's for sure. But if I had 5 years of him again, I'd probably say Go away... much like I feel about John Cena right now!

Reaction score
Well I'd be lying if I said I supported him. I still don't think it's fair that Mr movie star can leave for 7 years and come back whenever the fuck he wants.

That's the business. Rock is a worldwide star. Better yet, he's a worldwide star who's still loyal to wrestling despite the fact that he's paid millions of dollars to spend his time elsewhere and there's all of these whinny fans who complain about him despite the fact that he's doing the WWE a favor. Really though, what's "Fair" in business?

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Of course I'm a Rock Lover. I believe him going over on Punk for his last title reign ever is not a bad way to go out. It sorta pushes Punk too provided he retains it by Wrestlemania. But I love his catchphases, his comedy and his sheer star power is gripping.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have always hated Don Muraco.

Now onto the the real question. I love the Rock but him coming back beating the top guys shit needs to stop. If he can have a series of matches where he wins a few matches on Raw and SD with said star then possibly lose to them on the PPV, I would love that more because not only does it build up the program becuase he is beating Punk/Cena or whomever on the shows showing his strength but they would get that rub from his shiny Hollywood star, but when he shows up doing the same thing night in and night out it gets old. That is why I think he left WWE at the right time in his career because he knew the lines would get old and he would either have to reinvent himself like Hogan did or just get booed off the stage.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I like him, and I don't like him, like I'm not mad he left and did movies and all that for awhile, but at the same time he doesn't need to come back in and steal the spotlight from people then just leave again. If he was fully on board with a return and didn't leave for at least a year and half or more that being on every Raw and PPV I'd be fine with him being the champion or maybe being there in some big main event. So I'm in the middle here and pretty much don't care if he's there, in fact I like when he is and I'll admit I marked out getting to see him at Wrestlemania 27, but he needs to leave the spotlight too the guys who's always there.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
It is true. I marked out asap. Some people bring up some valuable points. At the end of the day you know they are gonna do what they feel is best for business.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
He's one of my all time favorites, and I love it whenever he makes appearances. I never did get upset with him for leaving because it's his life, and his choice. Also, in his book he said that becoming an actor had always been a dream of his, so who am I to judge him for wanting to live out his dream. I like to see his movies as a way to show my support for him.

Count me in as a Rock lover.