Am I Just Burned Out?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunantly, I can agree with all these statements. I miss The Rock and Batista, ppl like them. Now a days with these new talents and All, it just seems boreing to me. WHY....HOW...WHEN did WWE get to be sooo boreing? All the good guys are either too old or Retired or were forced to retire because of Health or other career ending injuries. I like to see Charolette and Becky and a few other's I know in some of the matches. I hv not seen any of the recent Women's matches. I thought all was gonna be great once the Hardy Boyz came back...... What is going on with Vince anyways? Its not like they're hurting for money or anything I dnt think. I'll hv days where Im like "Hmmm, Maybe I'll catch up on a show or two" But Then I'll be like "Meh, Maybe not, Its not as entertaining as it once was" Im still interested but Yet Im sorta starting to lose the interest in WWE. I dont want to lose complete Interest. I want to see something that would be worth my Time to watch.

Reborn

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've been sick of Raw's inconsistent and mediocre booking for quite a while, to be honest. It's genuinely burned me out on WWE as a whole. My advice to you is to basically just search for alternatives.

I've found companies such as PROGRESS and NJPW as kinda refreshing, I've only just recently gotten into them but those are my recommendations. If you want fun indie spotfests with a lot of crowd participation I'd recommend PWG too.

I just realized I'm basically talking to you like you've never heard of these companies before, lol.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I've been sick of Raw's inconsistent and mediocre booking for quite a while, to be honest. It's genuinely burned me out on WWE as a whole. My advice to you is to basically just search for alternatives.

I've found companies such as PROGRESS and NJPW as kinda refreshing, I've only just recently gotten into them but those are my recommendations. If you want fun indie spotfests with a lot of crowd participation I'd recommend PWG too.

I just realized I'm basically talking to you like you've never heard of these companies before, lol.
Ur in luck because I actually Hv NOT heard of these companies

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Raw has been shit, has been tolerable at best over the last six months. I'm bummed that there aren't many independent companies around me to get excited about (No Juggalos, thank you).

There's nothing to be excited about in WWE. They'll throw a swerve in there to get people talking (Jinder Winning the Belt), but the hype dies down, they botch the title run, then it's left as another "what could've been" scenario. I've definitely been trying to get into more non-WWE companies. CZW mainly (Thx @Jeffry Fucking Mason) but I'm trying to find more to watch.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'll say it once and I'll say it 1000 times more PG is shit for wrestling. I'm not talking about match qualities and how there should be chair shots to the head or blood. No. I'm talking about purely at a creative storyline stand point. The PG politically correct guideline is a creativity killer. This is a show, written by adults, performed by adults, and watched mostly by adults! Yet we have to deal with programming that's on the same level at Spongebob Square Pants. Where is the drama? Where is the controversy? Where are the storylines that are like car crashes and make u wanna look away but u can't help but watch to see what happens next? It's gone, and that's why WWE is so stale. Athletics will only get u so far in a FAKE sport.

Reactions: Smg and Solid Snake

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'll say it once and I'll say it 1000 times more PG is shit for wrestling. I'm not talking about match qualities and how there should be chair shots to the head or blood. No. I'm talking about purely at a creative storyline stand point. The PG politically correct guideline is a creativity killer. This is a show, written by adults, performed by adults, and watched mostly by adults! Yet we have to deal with programming that's on the same level at Spongebob Square Pants. Where is the drama? Where is the controversy? Where are the storylines that are like car crashes and make u wanna look away but u can't help but watch to see what happens next? It's gone, and that's why WWE is so stale. Athletics will only get u so far in a FAKE sport.

Its not PG, its shit story lines and booking. I am watching the attitude era now (up to WM 16) and most of it could be done on PG. I have also watched some older WWF and WCW matches recently going back to the 80's and its all PG and its good wrestling. NXT, the Cruiserweight Classic and the UK special are also good and are PG.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Its not PG, its shit story lines and booking. I am watching the attitude era now (up to WM 16) and most of it could be done on PG. I have also watched some older WWF and WCW matches recently going back to the 80's and its all PG and its good wrestling. NXT, the Cruiserweight Classic and the UK special are also good and are PG.

Most of the attitude era could of been done now and it would seem tame. But back then WWE was pushing the envelope. Yes of course the performers were on point as well. But WWE doesn't push the envelope anymore. Wrestling itself it already a ridiculous concept as a TV show as it is, so I don't wanna see this lame family friendly bullshit. I want some edgy shit.

Wrestling storylines are literally just politics now. It's all about how this guy should be the #1 contender for the title or how this other guy deserves a push or how this guy doesn't deserve to be the champion and only is cuz Vince McMahon. Creative has their hands tied behind their back to what the product once was at it's peak with being edgy and full of drama to now it being the WWE's creative decision vs who the fans want to see get opportunities over someone else

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Most of the attitude era could of been done now and it would seem tame. But back then WWE was pushing the envelope. Yes of course the performers were on point as well. But WWE doesn't push the envelope anymore. Wrestling itself it already a ridiculous concept as a TV show as it is, so I don't wanna see this lame family friendly bullshit. I want some edgy shit.

Wrestling storylines are literally just politics now. It's all about how this guy should be the #1 contender for the title or how this other guy deserves a push or how this guy doesn't deserve to be the champion and only is cuz Vince McMahon. Creative has their hands tied behind their back to what the product once was at it's peak with being edgy and full of drama to now it being the WWE's creative decision vs who the fans want to see get opportunities over someone else

Vince has no real competition is the problem. Listening to shoot interviews apparently he does not like NXT and Dunn undermines the NXT call ups.

Hell Sasha banks has been delegated to trying to save the 205 turkey. Watch 205 live and then the 1st hour of WCW Nitro from 20 yearsa ago and spot the difference.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Vince has no real competition is the problem. Listening to shoot interviews apparently he does not like NXT and Dunn undermines the NXT call ups.

Hell Sasha banks has been delegated to trying to save the 205 turkey. Watch 205 live and then the 1st hour of WCW Nitro from 20 yearsa ago and spot the difference.

I'm not talking about WCW though.

And NXT and 205 are both super boring to me. It's way too much sport and not enough entertainment.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm not talking about WCW though.

And NXT and 205 are both super boring to me. It's way too much sport and not enough entertainment.

Well rating are down becau WWE is shit, the other companies are more sports orientated than sports entertainment.

As I said if you like that older WWF/E and WCW are your best bets.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
If WWE had any competition for their spot then they would be out of business with how terrible the current product is.

The only things WWE excel at thesedays are driving away fans and making the remaining fans tire of and give up on their favourites.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well their television rights are up in 2 years or so and on current rating they won't have a great bargaining position.

THe brand split was done to boost ratings because of complaints from whatever network they are on. Its possible they lose TV rights on the current track.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
hmmm I don't know if i got burned out. I stopped watching consistently around 2012. (I'd actually watch it at a later time 'next day, etc.)
i wouldn't miss any episode before that going back to 06/07.

Then around 2014 after the streak ended, I just stopped watching.

If I were to say why, it's cause other stuff in life became more appealing and exciting. RAW was just the same repetitive crap and I didn't want to spend 3 hours of my time watchin that shit, when i could do something more productive. Although, I don't watch TV now either.

Maybe you're burned out or maybe you value your time more. I still like wrestling, I just don't watch it as much as i used to.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've gotta admit, I too have fallen off lately. Almost the same deal.

I cut out raw at the beginning of the year mainly because I have a family now and 8 hours of awe every week on top of other things I enjoy, plus my family, it wasn't worth it. So I stuck with smackdown. But then the shake up happened and it seemed to kill smackdowns vibe for me.
I haven't watched hardly any wwe for the past month or two, and I really don't mind. I get to spend time with my family.

I tried impact for a couple weeks and I was invested but again, I've gotten over that for now.

Maybe it's just because every storyline is the same. All of them.
Guy 1 is the champ. He's the best in the world.
Guy 2 says no, I am and I'll prove it.
Then wins, then loses, then a dq, then he loses again and gets buried.

I feel like it's a chore to sit through hours of premeditated athleticism with boring storylines. I'd much rather watch sports or racing. It's so much easier to dedicate 36 Sundays to nascar, where things can actually get interesting when they zoom on the track at 200+ mph, mere inches apart. And anyone can actually win, without a script. And tensions legitimately rise between drivers.

Long story short; I agree overall.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I 100% agree that it shouldn't be PG and that it does kill some storyline stuff and creativity. However, saying that it's most watched by adults isn't true anymore. It's mainly kids and teens. Lots of money to be made. Hence why we get this PG bs era.