All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sai is gonna challenge for the Triple Crown next, also. That is great, I love Sai.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Found that Akiyama/Miyahara match. The quality is poop, but hey, whatyagonnado. Onto it right now.

Also, would you fellas recommend Okabayashi vs Kamitani from BJW's Ryogokutan show?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Found that Akiyama/Miyahara match. The quality is poop, but hey, whatyagonnado. Onto it right now.

Also, would you fellas recommend Okabayashi vs Kamitani from BJW's Ryogokutan show?
Make sure it is actually the one from 7/23 and not one of their earlier matches. The 7/23 show has not been uploaded to video sites yet

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Make sure it is actually the one from 7/23 and not one of their earlier matches. The 7/23 show has not been uploaded to video sites yet

Yeah, I think I have found the right one. It's on Hero's rutube account. It says 7/23/16 in the description.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I have found the right one. It's on Hero's rutube account. It says 7/23/16 in the description.
If the video quality is bad you should probably wait since it would still probably be encoding. Seems like good quality video to me tho.

Granted I watched it in HD

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If the video quality is bad you should probably wait since it would still probably be encoding. Seems like good quality video to me tho.

Granted I watched it in HD

Yeah, I will wait for a better version. I like my stuff in HD.

Until then, I'm going to watch Yuji Okabayashi vs Hideyoshi Kamitani from BJW's Ryogokutan show on July 24th.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Miyahara vs. Akiyama was a great match. I'm sure it would've been miles better if I actually followed the promotion, and knew the story. I enjoyed the gradual increase of intensity and the rise of the crowd's emotion. What I didn't enjoy was the over-reliance on ringside portions.

Great stuff. Match of the Year Candidate, for sure.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Last nights show in Niigata was apparently a great show, featuring two tag title matches (both the Asia and World belts were in defense) and will air at the end of the month.

The line up and first round matches for the 4th annual Royal Road tournament which will run in September were also released.

() Naoya Nomura vs. Taishi Takizawa [K-DOJO]
() Hikaru Sato vs. Mitsuya Nagai [DRADITION]
() Atsushi Aoki vs. Yutaka Yoshie [FREE]
() Yuma Aoyagi vs. Kendo Kashin [FREE]
() Jake Lee vs. Ryoji Sai [LAND’S END]
() Zeus vs. The Bodyguard [FREE]
() Jun Akiyama vs. Takao Omori
() Kento Miyahara vs. Suwama

Aoyagi, Kashin, Nomura, Nagai, Lee, Sai and Takizawa will compete in the tournament for the first time. This is also the first time Nagai and Kashin has worked in All Japan since 2014, but both men have a history with the company. Kashin is a one time junior champion and a one time world tag champion, and Nagai is a three time Asia champ.
Takizawa is a seemingly getting a trial run outside of the Chiba area which he calls home. I guess to test the waters on if they should bring him in more since they seem rather high on him. And they want to see if the crowds like him or if his run in with the law from a couple of years back (he was arrested in 2012 for taking pictures up women's skirts, apparently under pressure from TARU and the rest of Voodoo Murders, which he was part of at the time).

All in on Takizawa getting brought in more if he doesn't get negative responses from the crowd. The dude is a good wrestler and deserves more than K-Dojo.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Tomorrow All Japan runs Kobe, main evented by Jun Akiyama and Daichi Hashimoto challenging Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi) for the world tag belts.
Other key matches is Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee & Shuji Ishikawa vs Ryoji Sai, Rikiya Fudo & Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Yohei Nakajima defending the TV belt against BillyKen Kid as well as Suwama vs Zeus.

The TV schedule for September is out and notable is that All Japan has TWO TV slots on Samurai in September. The AJPhoenix (rookie show) that takes place on August 31 will air on September 3. Then the first round of the Royal road tournament (takes place on 9/4) airs on 9/10. Then the finals show will air on Gaora on 9/29. Middle round is expected to be a Nico taping.

Hopefully the Phoenix show making tape means they might get a second monthly slot on Samurai going forward. Would be a great boon for them.

Also. Here's Suwama in a sailor's cap from today's fan cruiseliner event in Hyogo
CqN8JKwXEAA4Fit.jpg

Stopspot

Reaction score
Finished off all of August's All Japan last night. It was a good month. Not out and out great, but good. Some of the undercard stuff on the Kobe show is skippable, but it was a house show uploaded to Nico so it's not like you should expect all outstanding matches on it.

Lots of title defenses this month. 2 Asia tag defenses, three world tag defenses, 1 triple crown defense, 1 TV title match (featuring Billy Ken Kid winning it) as well as the junior title being defended on DDT's big Sumo Hall show (with Soma Takao winning it from Sato no less). So this was a very busy month. All the title matches are at the very least recommended viewing, if not must watch if you follow the company.

Kento vs Sai was another strong defense in my opinion. Nowhere near as epic as the Akiyama one, but still a solid feather in Kento's cap as champion. And Sai has been such a good fit in the company and I am happy to see him stick around and bringing in his Land's End buddies.

Now focus lies on the Royal Road Tournament. The first round is already complete and will air on September 10. I'm looking forward to it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Nomura having to work his way up from the bottom after leaving Evolution.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Suwama is the winner of the 4th annual Royal Road tournament, defeating Kendo Kashin in the semi finals and Zeus in the finals earlier today in front of 1183 people in Korakuen hall. Zeus beat Akiyama in his semi final match. Suwama has laid down the challenge for the Triple Crown on November 27 in Sumo Hall as expected.

In other news, Yohei Nakajima once again became TV champion, however this time it did not go over as well with the crowd. So hopefully they catch on to the fact that they should stop with the hot potatoing of the TV belt.

Naoya Nomura and Aoyagi Yuma faced off with NexTream (Kento and Lee) in the semi main event in what was described as a great match. After the match Kento offered both men spots in NexTream, which they accepted.

Wrestle-1's Manabu Soya appeared at the show, making this his first appearance in All Japan since leaving them in 2013. He asked his former mentor and tag partner Takao Omori to be his opponent in his return match from injury in Wrestle-1. Omori had no answer for him. Will this lead to Soya working his way back into All Japan?

The World's Strongest Tag Determination League will run in December.