All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To continue my combo of multiple posts in this thread in a row. But my quest to bring All Japan to the people must continue.

Hikaru Sato beat Atsushi Aoki for the junior title earlier today. Here's an absolute fantastic picture.
ClVmow0UsAAzJAu.jpg
Hikaru has been a All Japan loyalist for years, fighting on in the lower card. And had six unsuccessful challenges for the belt before this one. Fantastic moment caught on camera here.

Also. Yuma Aoyagi became the official All Japan rep in the J Cup during this show.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I like Yuma Aoyagi. This years Super J Cup is gonna be amazing.

But I still hope for Eita to win :jeritroll:

Stopspot

Reaction score
1163 people for todays Korakuen show. Real good attendance considering the pretty weak card in comparison to the previous ones and the tropical storm raging in the Tokyo area right now.

The key draw for the show was the in ring return of Suwama, who went out with a torn Achilles tendon in January. Suwama lost in his return match, teaming with Nomura and Aoki to take on Ishikawa, Zeus and Super Tiger. Suwama ate the pin for Ishikawa. I suspect that the two will meet in a singles match during the upcoming Royal Road tournament in August. Possibly even the final.

Other notes:
Michinoku Pro's Takeshi Minamino won the Gaora tv title from Yohei Nakajima.
Hikaru Sato retained the junior title against Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

We also got our first looks at the three new trainees, who worked ring boy duties for the entire show.
Other smaller notes is that AJPW have got new turnbuckle pads and new entrance sets. Small upgrades to the look which is nice.

As the resident All Japan fan on here. It's great to see them improving. Especially with how dour 2015 was

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJPW wrapped up the July tour today with a show in Kento's hometown of Fukouka at the Hakata Star Lanes venue. First time they've run it since March of 2015 and there was a distinct bump in attendance with today's show drawing 605 people (their latest show in the same venue drawing 374). In comparison New Japan drew 864 in the same venue for Elgin vs Omega 1 in April.

The main event saw Kento Miyahara defend the Triple Crown against Jun Akiyama. The hometown boy emerged victorious.
Other then that there's some upheaval in the Evolution faction since Suwama have been throwing shade at them for being "weak" since his return and wanting them to shape up. Nomura has asked to leave the group but Suwama wants him to wait with his decision until the show next week in Chiba.

Ryoji Sai has stepped up as the next challenger for the Triple Crown. And Strong BJ defended the tag titles against former champions the Big Guns

CoEEHo2XYAA2Uqi.jpg:large

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Glad to see they got a good attendance when compared to a NJPW show with an IC title match on it. Akiyama vs Miyahara and Big Guns vs Strong BJ sound great. Any idea on how long it'll take for it to drop?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Glad to see they got a good attendance when compared to a NJPW show with an IC title match on it. Akiyama vs Miyahara and Big Guns vs Strong BJ sound great. Any idea on how long it'll take for it to drop?
It airs on Samurai TV on the 28th

Reactions: Leo C

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
When is the Oudou tournament?
EDIT: nevermind

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Your monthly All Japan freebie courtesy of Uncle Jun and friends

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I really definitely need to keep up on All Japan. Everything I see from it I love. That was enjoyable.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Stopspot

Reaction score
Is it on Rutube?
The entire show (7/23) is up on the hero drive.

This is probably the strongest All Japan show top to bottom. The entire card delivered/over delivered and the two main events were great. I have Akiyama vs Miyahara at **** 3/4 without a rewatch and it is my match of the year so far.

Probably show of the year from All Japan right now. Great show. Perfect way to re-establish themselves in Fukouka.