All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Something else about that match. This may sound silly, but I actually loved Zeus' topé. I've been watching a lot of wrestling recently and some matches do suffer from looking a lot more like a choreography than an actual fight, which wasn't the case here. So many topes are kinda like "welp, just gonna throw this dude out of the ring, do a dive and go right back in"... kinda lame. But not this one; Zeus had beaten the guy a bunch on the outside, was kinda waiting and just figured "know what, I'm gonna jump on this geek!", followed by a topé which wasn't pretty, very rough, but that made it all better for me.
Zeus' moveset is a gift from the gods. Best of 80s-90s WCW. Stinger Splash, check. Spear, check. Jackhammer, check. overhead Belly to belly suplex, check. Chokeslam, check

Stopspot

Reaction score
All caught up on all the CC matches that have made air now. And it has been a good turnout this year.
Worst match was probably Bodyguard vs Mashimo, and even that one was okay and did not overstay its welcome.

Standout matches are probably the following imo.
Zeus vs Yoshie: A bit slow, but the finishing stretch is insane and Zeus shows off such tremendous power.
Aoki vs Sai: Best match of the tournament so far based on psychology/technical work. Both are tremendous technicians and Aoki is a genius when it comes to working as a junior heavyweight fighting a heavyweight.
Kento vs Nomura: These two have good chemistry and the heat between the two when they square off is great. Loved how it built off of their previous match.
Omori vs Sai: Grumpy old man Omori coming in to kick his old Zero1 protégé's ass? Sold.
Akiyama vs Sekimoto: Need I explain this one?

Sai needs to continue working All Japan after his showing in this. He fits in real well as a grumpy outsider coming in to kick ass. Fits in well with the AJPW heavies.

Hopefully day 4 has finished dropping by tomorrow so I can get as many tournament matches done before the final airs on Sunday. Some will probably need to be caught on the rebound due to this being the internet but I intend to watch as much of the tournament as possible before Sunday.

EDIT: I just finished off Akiyama vs Miyahara from day 4 and this is the match of the tournament and my personal match of the year so far. This was fricking awesome and I am hyped for the rematch for the belt that is bound to happen.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pop Tatari

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Was too lazy to go back to the site, and find the match. Thanks anyways.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Was too lazy to go back to the site, and find the match. Thanks anyways.
Could have just clicked the match title in the video and then copied the url :p

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Yeah, but the video wasn't loading. Just a black box, so I figured I could just delete. And Maybe post it again, when I got home.

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJPW 4/22 is dropping with Real Hero this evening.
4/23 is supposed to be uploaded to NicoNico noon Japan time. So it most likely won't be up on Real Hero before the final airs tomorrow.

Also, two pages. Far more than I considered this thread to get

Stopspot

Reaction score
The final of the 2016 Champion Carnival is over. 793 people filled the second stadium in the Osakda Edion Arena (packed/full house) to watch a real hoot of a show.

CgzVXg0WMAAAA70.jpg
Daisuke Sekimoto went threw Kento Miyahara in a real fun sprint of a match in the last block match and then faced Zeus in the final to win the CC. Earning himself both a Triple Crown and Tag title shot in the future one would wager.

This was the best booked tournament in years if you ask me. There was a 3 way tie in the A block going into the final and a 4 way tie in the B block so there were multiple logical endings to the show.

Great effort put together by the All Japan gang. Personally I am stoked for the future.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Watched the rest of the tournament. Great stuff. Really enjoyed it. The finals were great. Sekimoto had some good performances overall.

Stopspot

Reaction score
So for upcoming title matches coming out of this tournament.

Kento vs Kengo based off of the time limit draw on day 1.
Kento vs Akiyama based off of Jun going over Kento.
Sekimoto vs Kento based off of Sekimoto going over Kento and winning the tournament.

Potential challengers out of the B-block: Sai, Zeus, Omori/Yoshie (one of them gets it, the other does not).

That should fill up Kento's summer, just in time for Suwama to return and they can start building for the sumo hall show.

Still waiting on Day 1 of the CC to air. Heard good things about Kento vs Kengo from people I know who attended

Stopspot

Reaction score
A couple of matches announced for AJPW's return to Korakuen Hall on 5/25

Sai & Ishikawa vs Sato & Nomura
Kengo vs Jake
Okabayashi vs Zeus
Omori, Miyamoto, Kodaka & Tamura vs AJPW Rangers (I assume rangers means sekigun/home army)
Kento vs Sekimoto

Guess that means Sekimoto challenges for the TC on May 25.
Boy is this a strong card if it is 100% legit