All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sumo Hall is starting to take form. All the belts will be up for graps and three matches are set right now.
Suwama vs Kento Miyahara for the Triple Crown
Strong BJ vs Big Guns for the world tag belts.
And just announced today (October 15) Aoki and Sato defend the Asia tags vs Masanobu Fuchi and ATSUSHI FUCKING ONITA!

That is a surprisingly big match. Aoki and Sato are the two top juniors right now. And Fuchi and Onita were student number 1 and 2 out of the AJPW dojo and were both pushed as head honcho in the junior division.

Yohei Nakajima vs Jiro Kuroshio of Wrestle-1 is all but confirmed as well.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
In other news, Yohei Nakajima once again became TV champion, however this time it did not go over as well with the crowd. So hopefully they catch on to the fact that they should stop with the hot potatoing of the TV belt.
Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that they had some terrible botched sequences near the end?

The Sumo Hall show is looking alright so far, although I can't say I'm excited about W-1 involvement except for Mutoh I guess.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that they had some terrible botched sequences near the end?

The Sumo Hall show is looking alright so far, although I can't say I'm excited about W-1 involvement except for Mutoh I guess.
I'm for it. It will serve both companies well.

Soya getting involved in the company again is a good thing (if he's actually allowed to. He said he wanted to keep working both and I honestly think he will). Get Wild was a popular tag team for All Japan before the split. And it gives him and Omori something to do and creates a good tag team to add to NexTream, Evolution, Big Guns and the likes.

Ikemen and Seiki possibly continuing to work All Japan would boost the junior division, which is needed. And Kumagoro and Doi need to continue working All Japan since they are perfect fits.

If W1 wants to allow guys to work outside of the company and All Japan picks them up I am all for it. It would be kinda funny if it ended up being like the W1/BJW thing were BJW gets more out of both Hama and Yasu than W1 ever did.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The first episode of AJPW's new show. AJPW 11, is now up.
http://dai.ly/k55NNP6eNngPe0kd1r8

It's a 30 minute monthly interview and highlights show. Airing on the third Monday of every month going forward. This month's guest is Akiyama.

I know @Leo C was interested in this

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The first episode of AJPW's new show. AJPW 11, is now up.
http://dai.ly/k55NNP6eNngPe0kd1r8

It's a 30 minute monthly interview and highlights show. Airing on the third Monday of every month going forward. This month's guest is Akiyama.

I know @Leo C was interested in this
After watching a bit of it I can conclude that while this is good news for All Japan I have no business watching it because it's all talk in Japanese.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Here's the lineup for the All Japan Real World Tag League to be run in December.

Block A:
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Jake Lee)
Evolution (Suwama & Atsushi Aoki)
Ryouji Sai & Rikiya Fudo
Magatsuki (Kengo Mashimo & Tank Nagai)
Osamu Nishimura & Yutaka Yoshie
DARK NIGHTMARE (Mitsuya Nagai & Black Tiger VII)

Block B:
Jun Akiyama & X (Mystery Partner)
Big Guns (Zeus & The Bodyguard)
Get Wild (Takao Omori & Manabu Soya)
NEXTREAM (Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi)
Evolution (Super Tiger & Hikaru Sato)
Kumagoro & Koji Doi

This is going to be a real fun tournament. My hot take just looking at this block is that it will be a better tournament than the NJPW one.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Leo C The full New Explosion card is out.

Naoya Nomura vs Takuya Nomura
SUSHI, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Masao Inoue vs Kaji Tomato, Kazuhiro Tamura & Naoshi Sano
Super Tiger, Ryuji Hijikata, Rey Paloma & Diablo vs Mitsuya Nagai, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Takeshi Minnamino & Black Tiger VII
Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto vs Ryoji Sai, Kengo Mashimo & Konosuke Takeshita
Dory Funk, Chavo Guerrero Sr., Ultimo Dragon & TAJIRI vs The Great Kabuki, Osamu Nishimura, Yutaka Yoshie & Isami Kodaka
GAORA TV Title: Yohei Nakajima (c) vs Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
World Jr Title: Takao Soma (c) vs Keisuke Ishii
All Asia Tag Team Title: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs Masanobu Fuchi & Atsushi Onita
Jun Akiyama & Kendo Kashin vs Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
World Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs Zeus & The Bodyguard
Triple Crown: Kento Miyahara (c) vs Suwama

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
@Leo C The full New Explosion card is out.

Naoya Nomura vs Takuya Nomura
SUSHI, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Masao Inoue vs Kaji Tomato, Kazuhiro Tamura & Naoshi Sano
Super Tiger, Ryuji Hijikata, Rey Paloma & Diablo vs Mitsuya Nagai, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Takeshi Minnamino & Black Tiger VII
Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto vs Ryoji Sai, Kengo Mashimo & Konosuke Takeshita
Dory Funk, Chavo Guerrero Sr., Ultimo Dragon & TAJIRI vs The Great Kabuki, Osamu Nishimura, Yutaka Yoshie & Isami Kodaka
GAORA TV Title: Yohei Nakajima (c) vs Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
World Jr Title: Takao Soma (c) vs Keisuke Ishii
All Asia Tag Team Title: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs Masanobu Fuchi & Atsushi Onita
Jun Akiyama & Kendo Kashin vs Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
World Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs Zeus & The Bodyguard
Triple Crown: Kento Miyahara (c) vs Suwama
Cool, I saw you post it on facebook. Card definitely looks fun, even if I'm not familiar with some dudes in there. Kinda surprised Mutoh isn't involved in some tag match at least. Even if I don't know all the guys they definitely seemed to pick a bunch of people from various places so I guess they could draw a good house. I'm looking forward to the main event a lot after Suwama pinned Kento and punked him out in some 6 man tag the other day.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Suwama is currently 8-1 in wins over Kento leading into the Sumo Hall show next Sunday. Honestly not sure how the match will go now. Ideally Kento wins and Suwama focuses on tag wrestling. But the question is who takes it off of Kento then.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Suwama is currently 8-1 in wins over Kento leading into the Sumo Hall show next Sunday. Honestly not sure how the match will go now. Ideally Kento wins and Suwama focuses on tag wrestling. But the question is who takes it off of Kento then.
Fujiwara is available.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Fujiwara is available.
While that would be fun I don't want a old man Fujiwara reign in 2016. I think the plan they should follow is to have Zeus win the CC and then the belt. Since he spent 2016 coming to the finals in all the tournaments.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
While that would be fun I don't want a old man Fujiwara reign in 2016. I think the plan they should follow is to have Zeus win the CC and then the belt. Since he spent 2016 coming to the finals in all the tournaments.
Well, it would take place in 2017, theoretically.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Koji Iwamoto apparently officially joined All Japan at today's show. He's the first guy to get a contract since Shiozaki left and this is good news. Since the All Japan junior division needs people. And Iwamoto is real young and already quite good.

Now for his buddy Abe to follow

Stopspot

Reaction score
So hey, that Sumo Hall show was pretty great @Stopspot
A great big spectacle. I probably won't watch the first half of the show on a repeat bar the NexTream/Iwamoto vs Indie six man tag, just the top half. But as a stand alone viewing the entire show was a lot of fun. Lots of variety and a good crowd to boot. The latter half of the show delivered as a whole, the crowd was dead for the junior match but it was just badly placed. Looking forward to seeing what they'll do for their return to Sumo Hall in August.

Here's the lineup picture for the Real World Tag League that was just released
CygNAKUVIAA9eL8.jpg

Kashin and Nishimura could not partake, but the rest are there.

Hearing a lot of rumblings about All Japan getting a talent influx in 2017. Doering is coming back, Iwamoto's home promotion Sportiva has announced that he'll be moving on to All Japan, and I expect Abe to follow him. There's also rumblings of Taishi Takizawa getting a roster spot.