All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Kento vs Bodyguard for the Triple Crown is officially set for February 26 in Osaka.

KAI's return match is also set. He will take on Suwama and Joe Doering in a tag match on February 17 in Korakuen. Seems like his partner is Ryoji Sai.

AKA. KAI is eating his fucking lumps on the way back in the door.

Jake and Kento also challenge Bodyguard and Zeus for the world tag belts on February 17

Last edited:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
@Stopspot which Jr. BATTEL OF GLORY~! shows are going on nico (or Samurai or whatever)? I know the finals are live on GAORA, but just wondering which ones I should be on the lookout for to watch/avoid spoilers.

Also, out of curiosity, out of Samurai/GAORA/G+ which is the biggest? I'm sure you've told me already but I forgot.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Stopspot which Jr. BATTEL OF GLORY~! shows are going on nico (or Samurai or whatever)? I know the finals are live on GAORA, but just wondering which ones I should be on the lookout for to watch/avoid spoilers.

Also, out of curiosity, out of Samurai/GAORA/G+ which is the biggest? I'm sure you've told me already but I forgot.
Aside from the live final on February 26, the opener of the tournament (February 17) airs on Samurai on the 23rd.

Regarding Nico that can be announced much closer to the actual show or even after the shows take place as they are just video on demand. I'd assume that at least one show make it up on Nico. I'll put out a few feelers.

GAORA is by far the bigger network. Both are cable channels. But Samurai is a niche wrestling/martial arts network where as GAORA is one of the biggest Sports channel in Japan. But that of course comes with the risk of being bumped back for a live sports game that goes overtime.

Stopspot

Reaction score
NEWS DROP!

Wrestle-1's Jiro Kuroshio has vacated the GAORA TV title and returned it to All Japan. He was suppossed to defend it on January 25 but he injured his knee (ACL tear I believe) and will be out for a minimum of 4 months. He asked Akiyama for a chance at a rematch on his return and Jun told him to work hard and he'd get it. Akiyama then announced that he wishes to give the belt new focus and basically allow it to be reborn after years of the belt being booked oddly.

After the belt was vacated All Japan received a anonymous email from a "former Gaora champion", demanding the belt be returned to him. So they are actually making a angle to go with this. Sadly the one former champ that would be a actual big business mover is almost 0% possible (SANADA of los ingobernables fame). So our best option is Kenso. Worst case Minamino.

Akiyama also announced that he will no longer be competing in the Champions Carnival, and that he also will no longer challenge for the triple crown championship. He said that the company is stronger now and in a better place than when he took over. So he feels that he no longer needs to take up a lot of focus, and that the younger talent should be given a chance to step up instead. He did add the cave-at that he could see himself challenging for the Triple Crown under special circumstances. And we'll still see him in big singles matches when called for, and he'll still challenge for both sets of tag belts as well. But it says something about the state of the company now/his faith in it when he feels that he can take this step back and allow young talent to grow.

Speaking of the Carnival. The blocks and participants for it will be announced tomorrow (Feb 17) at Korakuen Hall. This show airs on TV a couple of days later. So get hyped for that.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He truly is a disciple of Baba. Stepping down to allow the youth to step up. What a gent
It really is a noble action to take. Plus, now that I've seen the blocks I'm really not that mad about it because they look great.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Champion's Carnival Blocks:

A Block
Kento Miyahara
Daisuke Sekimoto
Zeus
Joe Doering
KAI
Ryouji Sai
Jake Lee

B Block
Suwama
Shuji Ishikawa
Kengo Mashimo
Takao Omori
Daichi Hashimoto
The Bodyguard
Naoya Nomura

My main man Ishikawa being in :obama:

Stopspot

Reaction score
This Carnival looks fucking amazing. There are so many great matches lined up for April. And the A block is wide open. Sekimoto, Zeus, Joe, Kento. Even Sai and KAI are possible winners. And Jake is going to have a sneaky great tournament were he is elevated big time.

Block B while not as open also looks damn good. It has to be either Suwama, Ishikawa or Mashimo that wins block B methinks.

Akiyama faces Kenso (Kenzo susuzki of WWE fame) for the vacant GAORA TV belt, which makes Kenso the secret former champion.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The Carnival reveal video is out. And it is the super hyped guy doing the announcing

Stopspot

Reaction score
Update on the TV situation for the upcoming Champion Carnival tournament.

Every single carnival show is making tape!

2 shows on Samurai, 2 shows on Gaora and the rest on Nico Nico.

Sadly the final is not airing live. And one of the Gaora airings will take place 2 weeks after the final has taken place. But still, every single Champion Carnival show will make tape in some form.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Here's the schedule for when the shows for the carnival makes air. It is a bit of a mess chronologically due to the nature of Japanese TV scheduling wrestling.
But. Every show makes air thanks to all the shows not making TV (Gaora or Samurai) being uploaded to Nico Nico.

Bit of a shame that the final does not air live, but there's only a 7 day delay so that's acceptable. Gaora airing a mid tour show 2 weeks after the final takes place is a bit silly but I guess Gaora did not have a slot available until then.

Stopspot

Reaction score
1588 people for the opener of the Carnival today in Korakuen. Sold out. That's amazing. First legit sold out Korakuen in years. They usually do 1100-1300 depending on if they have a triple crown match or not.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
1588 people for the opener of the Carnival today in Korakuen. Sold out. That's amazing. First legit sold out Korakuen in years. They usually do 1100-1300 depending on if they have a triple crown match or not.
Fucking awesome. Very happy to see All Japan grow, they're the one company I really root for and I hope they keep growing and growing.

Stoppy, is mort gonna air this on PSP on the 24th or not? It's not on their schedule.