All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Tajiri makes his return to wrestling in Japan after his short (basically non existent) WWE stint working for All Japan at the June 11 Korakuen show in a six man tag.
Based on the interview he seems to be sticking around and using All Japan as his homebase even if just on a pay per appearance basis. Big positive I'd say. He brings a little name value but he also brings years of experience that he can pass on to the younger talent.
Great news!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
All Japan are bringing in some new foreign talent.

Welsh wrestler Danny Jones and Italian-Scottish wrestler Massimo will go on tour with All Japan from July and for the next 3 months.

They did training seminars with Atsushi Aoki last year and now get their opportunity to shine in Japan

Stopspot

Reaction score
All Japan returned to Korakuen Hall today and drew 1312 people, which is level with their usual numbers there.

The main event was Shuji Ishikawa defending the Triple Crown against Jake Lee in Jake's first shot at the belt. Shuji retained.
Other notables from the show is that The Big Guns (Zeus and the Bodyguard) regained their world tag titles from Kengo Mashimo and KAI, cutting the new champs down at the first defense. But Kengo finally showed respect to KAI afterwards.

Suwama beat Kento Miyahara in a singles match and then laid down the challenge to be the next to go after Shuji. A date has not been set for the match tho.

The first match for the August 27 sumo hall show has been set as Yuma Aoyagi takes on Suzuki-Gun and NJPW wrestler Taichi. This is a rematch from last year's J-Cup where Taichi and Yuma had a real bad match and Taichi threw a lot of potshots at Yuma afterwards. Yuma has improved a lot since then so it will be interesting to see if he can have a better rematch with Taichi, who is not a good wrestler to be honest.

In more crossover news, NJPW's beefcake rookies Oka and Kitamura will be working All Japan's Growin' up show on 7/5. Taking on the veteran team of Akiyama and Omori.

There is also talks of New Japan being involved in the October 21 show at the Yokohama gymnasium. This is a celebration show for Akiyama's and Omori's 25th anniversary as wrestlers.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Suwama vs Ishikawa is set for the 7/17 Korakuen hall show with the Triple Crown on the line.

Tajiri also announced on this twitter account that he will work the entire July tour for All Japan

Stopspot

Reaction score
Big things went down at today's show in Korakuen Hall.
1st. It was a legit sell out. Second this year.
2. Jake Lee and Naoya Nomura are the new world tag team champions. This marks the first time they have won the belts in their careers and their first ever titles in wrestling ever.
3. Hikaru Sato defeated Minoru Tanaka to retain the world junior belt. Tajiri then inserted himself as next in line for a title shot. Expect it at Sumo Hall.
4. Shuji Ishikawa defeated Suwama to retain the triple crown title. Former champion Kento Miyahara then laid down the challenge for a rematch at sumo hall.

And the big news....
Former triple crown champion and top star Satoshi Kojima, who now wrestles for New Japan. Will return to the company to compete at Sumo Hall. And he will take on Suwama one on one. This is a match with a lot of history to it. Kojima became the top star of All Japan when he defeated Kawada way back in 2005 and Kawada named him the big man on campus. Kojima had the title of ace of AJPW until 2010 when he was asked to put over the next ace, Suwama. Who had become super over, cementing it with a Champion Carnival win over Hiroshi Tanahashi in 2008. The company felt that it was time for Suwama to get the triple crown but Kojima refused according to word of mouth. Kojima instead dropped the belt to rookie Ryota Hama and left the company to go back to NJPW. Suwama had a lot of salty things to say about Kojima in the press and now 7 years later. They finally lock horns

Stopspot

Reaction score
Here's the hype video for the August shows, the Royal Road tournament and a few of the bigger shows in the fall

Stopspot

Reaction score
Foreigner update: Italian wrestler Massimo has been working all of the July tour so far with All Japan and will stick around for at least all of August as well.

Joining him in August is Welsh based Danny Jones, who will work a 3 month long tour with All Japan at least

Jones and Massimo coming into the company was revealed in early June. Massimo has been impressing and Jones will probably do the same so hopefully they become regular fixtures.

August will also see luchadors Caristico (the former Sin Cara), El Diamante and Sam Adonis work the promotion.

Stopspot

Reaction score
All Japan's biggest show this year, Summer Explosion from Sumo Hall on August 27th officially airs live on Samurai TV!

Starting time 7am London time/ 2am EST with a run time of 5 and a half hours.

@Leo C @RedDwarfTechy @Jacob Fox you guys are probably interested in this. I am willing to predict it goes up on the puro on demand livestream

Reactions: Leo C

Stopspot

Reaction score
Where can I watch AJPW? Do they have a streaming service or nah?
They do not have a streaming service. Reason only a select few promotions do is because the rights to the tape library don't go to the promotion like in the US, but to the broadcaster. NJPW has a service because TV Asashi owns half the service and they can pay all the other owners of the tape library for airing the matches. That is also the reason that NJPW is very spotty and doesn't have every match. Certain broadcasters and wrestlers (Koji Kanemoto and Nagoya Ogawa are prime examples) don't want their matches on world.

Easiest way to watch AJPW is to use the real hero archive. Also to keep track of the puro on demand streaming page on psp TV for when they air live shows.

So stick to the archive and you'll get all their TV

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
They do not have a streaming service. Reason only a select few promotions do is because the rights to the tape library don't go to the promotion like in the US, but to the broadcaster. NJPW has a service because TV Asashi owns half the service and they can pay all the other owners of the tape library for airing the matches. That is also the reason that NJPW is very spotty and doesn't have every match. Certain broadcasters and wrestlers (Koji Kanemoto and Nagoya Ogawa are prime examples) don't want their matches on world.

Easiest way to watch AJPW is to use the real hero archive. Also to keep track of the puro on demand streaming page on psp TV for when they air live shows.

So stick to the archive and you'll get all their TV

Ah Just found a Google drive of AJPW before you posted but the hero Archive got aaaalll the juice. Thanks man!