All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
So true I said this in my thoughts on NWA Powerrr this Week how they gave story progression with it's Wrestlers like Thunder Rosa to where people will care about the feuds if they knew who the Wrestlers where. I hope we get that sooner rather than later and you start firt with Riho and go from there. She had a great story people would like to know about. Girl was Wrestling as a kid and you know in Joshi they pull no punches with the kids they push them to their utmost limits.

I'm glad you mentioned Riho. One of the few things I haven't liked about AEW is how little she's been featured lately despite being the champ.

It might be due to scheduling or what not but they could still do video packages promoting her or what not to keep her on television and in people's minds. They should be doing more to build her as the champion really. Especially for when she eventually loses the title because it'll mean more.

Reactions: Sir Linko

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
I'm glad you mentioned Riho. One of the few things I haven't liked about AEW is how little she's been featured lately despite being the champ.

It might be due to scheduling or what not but they could still do video packages promoting her or what not to keep her on television and in people's minds. They should be doing more to build her as the champion really. Especially for when she eventually loses the title because it'll mean more.

The entire Womens Division has been completely mishandled and even though Omega copped out (EDIT: I didn't like "Copped Out") was doing damage control by saying in 2020 it'll be a fix, I'm excited for that.

AEW as a whole has done fantastic with storytelling. First few Episodes were too match heavy, then they went incredibly Storyline Progression heavy and had some of their best Dynamites...

It seems lately they've had a bit less promo time / storyline progression and tried to go heavy on matches again. The problem is no one cares about the really long Womens Division matches outside of ranks.

I really hope the Dark Order rise up pretty quickly and end up fighting for the Tag Titles because Lucha Bros are pretty Dead in the Water right now and they're putting over Best Friends.

The Tag Division looks questionable but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Overall AEW is doing a ton of great things and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I can't wait to each wednesday night and I never have walked away from an episode yet. But they have a lot of growing to do. They need to learn where to shave off some time and where to add some things. Because it seems the last 2 episodes were weaker but with a few tweaks they could have been amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoho Creed

HiddenViolence

Providing For My Family
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Eckrf0K
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
I can't say I am surprised NXT beat AEW this past week. It was for me one of Dynamite's weakest show, probably THE weakest. Their was for sure bright spots such as Jericho's promo and Omega vs PAC but the rest of the show was weirdly paced. Too tag matches that went far too long, and MJF vs Adam Page was which far too short. Main event was underwhelming too and didn't make Scorpio Sky look like a star in my opinion.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
A little disappointed by Kris vs Shida - can either of these afford to lose?

Kris can lose. She is not important yet and tbh SHIDA should be the next in line (and beat Rhio)

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
I can't say I am surprised NXT beat AEW this past week. It was for me one of Dynamite's weakest show, probably THE weakest. Their was for sure bright spots such as Jericho's promo and Omega vs PAC but the rest of the show was weirdly paced. Too tag matches that went far too long, and MJF vs Adam Page was which far too short. Main event was underwhelming too and didn't make Scorpio Sky look like a star in my opinion.

This is something I thought about last night. Scorpio on the mic vs Jericho got him much more of a rub than the match. The match was ookay. But for a Main Event Championship match you need to at least somewhat tear the house down.

Out of the two title matches on T.V. so far I'd rather have Darby Allin vs Jericho than Sky vs Jericho.

Luckily, Sky, hanging with Jericho on the mic for that one night made me interested enough to see him more in general.

Reactions: HiddenViolence

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

It wasn't the best episode, I have to agree.

but...another huge KO mark???? :mark: :mark: :mark:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
philadelphiaflyers
It probably was the weakest show so far, but I still enjoyed it to be honest. I don't really stress viewership or ratings, as long as I'm enjoying the product I'm good. Women's division definitely needs to get some direction though, it's the only area that feels pretty pointless on the show. Even the meme shit like Orange Cassidy works for me in small doses, but the women's division is already stale.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This show looks like shit...... :nope

No live thread for me.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
AEW: 851,000
NXT: 845,000

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm embarrassed this is even called a "war".......both shows don't even equal Raw.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
One is a brand new wrestling company and the other is WWE's third brand. If they were matching Raw then Raw has major problems.
Would've been better off trying to siphon Raws audience......would've been a bigger turnover.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Would've been better off trying to siphon Raws audience......would've been a bigger turnover.

No that would be a bad idea. Look at what happened when TNA tried that. AEW are doing fine and putting themselves on the same night as Raw would be a foolish move this early.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, AEW doesn’t need to go head to head with Raw anytime soon. Unless Raw starts to fall really far in ratings it would be a horrible idea. That’s coming from one of the biggest AEW Supporters on here.

Reactions: Jimmy King