• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite Discussion Thread

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler johncena
Favorite Wrestler dolphziggler
I'm glad you mentioned Riho. One of the few things I haven't liked about AEW is how little she's been featured lately despite being the champ.

It might be due to scheduling or what not but they could still do video packages promoting her or what not to keep her on television and in people's minds. They should be doing more to build her as the champion really. Especially for when she eventually loses the title because it'll mean more.

The entire Womens Division has been completely mishandled and even though Omega copped out (EDIT: I didn't like "Copped Out") was doing damage control by saying in 2020 it'll be a fix, I'm excited for that.

AEW as a whole has done fantastic with storytelling. First few Episodes were too match heavy, then they went incredibly Storyline Progression heavy and had some of their best Dynamites...

It seems lately they've had a bit less promo time / storyline progression and tried to go heavy on matches again. The problem is no one cares about the really long Womens Division matches outside of ranks.

I really hope the Dark Order rise up pretty quickly and end up fighting for the Tag Titles because Lucha Bros are pretty Dead in the Water right now and they're putting over Best Friends.

The Tag Division looks questionable but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Overall AEW is doing a ton of great things and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I can't wait to each wednesday night and I never have walked away from an episode yet. But they have a lot of growing to do. They need to learn where to shave off some time and where to add some things. Because it seems the last 2 episodes were weaker but with a few tweaks they could have been amazing.

Last edited:

HiddenViolence

Providing For My Family
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler Eckrf0K
Favorite Wrestler stonecold
Favorite Wrestler chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler eddieguerrero
I can't say I am surprised NXT beat AEW this past week. It was for me one of Dynamite's weakest show, probably THE weakest. Their was for sure bright spots such as Jericho's promo and Omega vs PAC but the rest of the show was weirdly paced. Too tag matches that went far too long, and MJF vs Adam Page was which far too short. Main event was underwhelming too and didn't make Scorpio Sky look like a star in my opinion.

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler johncena
Favorite Wrestler dolphziggler
I can't say I am surprised NXT beat AEW this past week. It was for me one of Dynamite's weakest show, probably THE weakest. Their was for sure bright spots such as Jericho's promo and Omega vs PAC but the rest of the show was weirdly paced. Too tag matches that went far too long, and MJF vs Adam Page was which far too short. Main event was underwhelming too and didn't make Scorpio Sky look like a star in my opinion.
This is something I thought about last night. Scorpio on the mic vs Jericho got him much more of a rub than the match. The match was ookay. But for a Main Event Championship match you need to at least somewhat tear the house down.

Out of the two title matches on T.V. so far I'd rather have Darby Allin vs Jericho than Sky vs Jericho.

Luckily, Sky, hanging with Jericho on the mic for that one night made me interested enough to see him more in general.

Jeffatron

Cybernetic Mafia Samurai
Reaction score
It wasn't the best episode, I have to agree.

but...another huge KO mark???? :mark: :mark: :mark:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler brethart2
Favorite Wrestler rickrude
Favorite Wrestler stonecold
Favorite Wrestler mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team philadelphiaflyers
It probably was the weakest show so far, but I still enjoyed it to be honest. I don't really stress viewership or ratings, as long as I'm enjoying the product I'm good. Women's division definitely needs to get some direction though, it's the only area that feels pretty pointless on the show. Even the meme shit like Orange Cassidy works for me in small doses, but the women's division is already stale.

Deezy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler brethart2
Favorite Wrestler newjack
Favorite Wrestler ddp
Favorite Wrestler therock
Favorite Wrestler nwo
Favorite Wrestler wolfpac
This show looks like shit...... :nope

No live thread for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loudon Wainwright

Latest profile posts

Welcome, welcome to all the new members of WS, we hope you enjoy your stay and love what you see!
Kairi HoHo wrote on Jimmy King's profile.
Happy birthday Jimmy. Hope you're having a wonderful birthday today bro
I’m gone for one day and when I come back the whole forum layout changed.

Staff online

Members online