Alex Riley Injury Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Alex Riley noted on his Twitter account that he had two surgeries earlier this week. He wrote:
"Thought I would let u guys know that i had to have knee and elbow surgery earlier this week, thank u for all your support. I will be back as soon as humanely possible #MakeItHappen".

I know how many people are fans of Riley on WS so I knew that I needed to make this thread.

In all seriousness he wasn't doing anything on RAW or Smackdown so taking some time off to fix his injuries is a good move. It still amazes me that WWE never did anything with him after he managed to get over in his feud with Miz. Maybe when he is back WWE will give him a shot again.

Killz

Reaction score
Guys like Riley (and DiBiase and Ryder are other examples) who manage to take one catchphrase and use social media to create hype around themselves really do earn my respect. His gimmick wasn't all that but he wasn't totally green in the ring and had some excellent chemistry with the Miz. He's not one of those guys who you see SUPERSTAR potential in but in a way I think that increases his chances of breaking through. He hasn't had a major push yet, all his fans are his own from a brief face turn, a couple of matches against the Miz, and then dark matches/C-show appearances. Kudos to the guy, I like how he handles himself. Good luck to him recovering.

AF.

Reaction score
I remember he was getting a nice feud with Miz and getting himself over and I haven't seen him since :lmao

I do like Riley though. I think WWE knows they have a talent here but they don't know how to use him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was never that big on Riley after the Miz feud and wasn't one of the ones that complained about how he'd been buried, but over the last few months or so, I've become a fan. He's had some real good matches on Superstars and gets a loud reaction still, also knows how to play to the crowd very well.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dark match / Superstar worker for life.

Undertaker

Reaction score
To be honest I had not really noticed he had been gone from TV. It probably shows you how good his character is and how badly WWE have done in building his gimmick. His feud with The Miz really got him over. It was so refreshing to see something new from one of the newer talents. It reminded me of Steve Austin/Vince McMahon feuds something that everyone could relate to. Hopefully he returns and WWE build his character back up, he does have potential but needs to be given the chance.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
To be honest I had not really noticed he had been gone from TV. It probably shows you how good his character is and how badly WWE have done in building his gimmick. His feud with The Miz really got him over. It was so refreshing to see something new from one of the newer talents. It reminded me of Steve Austin/Vince McMahon feuds something that everyone could relate to. Hopefully he returns and WWE build his character back up, he does have potential but needs to be given the chance.

How could you relate to the Stone Cold/McMahon feud? I know being pissed at your boss, but if you beat the shit out of your boss, chances are you'd be fired and probably fined a hefty price.

But I kind of miss Riley on TV. He had the look of a possible top face if used right. In my opinion he could be up there with Cena in a few years.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Riley = TNA star. Thats all I can see him as. He has potential to be a top runner, just not in the WWE. I think a leap to TNA would do wonders for his career. Yes, he will take a big pay loss, but it may just get him noticed. Kinda like what Christian did.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I like the guy and thought he had star potential when he was feuding with Miz. Unfortunately I think he's the new McIntyre, they missed the boat with the one shot he had and he's as good as any other jobber now.

Reaction score
The guy has star power "IF" they had just gave him a chance, but something happened in the locker room with himself and John Cena. Cena joked around on A-Ry and A-Ry didn't like it and stood up for himself which seemed as disrispect to Cena. And so we all know, if you disrespect the "guy" you will be in the dog house. I hope he comes back and they get over it and give him a show. You know, him and Dibiase would be a pretty good team to get themselves started again, if Dibiase isn't there by the time A-Ry returns.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The guy has star power "IF" they had just gave him a chance, but something happened in the locker room with himself and John Cena. Cena joked around on A-Ry and A-Ry didn't like it and stood up for himself which seemed as disrispect to Cena. And so we all know, if you disrespect the "guy" you will be in the dog house. I hope he comes back and they get over it and give him a show. You know, him and Dibiase would be a pretty good team to get themselves started again, if Dibiase isn't there by the time A-Ry returns.

I'm still not sold on that story, I'll stick A-Ry under-performing in the ring after the Miz feud being the reason his push was stalled.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That was just a rumor that floated around the IWC. I'm with Chris, A-Ry didn't do too much to be given a big push after his feud with Miz.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^But he got himself over and that is the most important thing you can do in WWE. It doesn't really matter how bad your matches are if you can get the fans involved in your matches. WWE dropped the ball by forgetting about him and then I am pretty sure he had an injury soon after that Miz feud and since then he has had nothing.

Reaction score
Troy is right, "he got himself" over which is the key thing. WWE needs to bring him back when he's healed and be given a mid-card push. The guy has talents, I mean hell he had a successful feud with The Miz who was the WWE's boy at the beginning of last year.