Alberto Del Rio: Expectations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I just noticed this on the 8-6 Smackdown but the guy is sooooooooo reading from cue cards. Maybe I didn't noticed this before because I didn't totally pay attention to his promos but its incredibly obvious now. Ha!

haha, yes, I noticed a while ago that his eyes move to the side and move like they are reading something. Fucking fail.

CMS

Reaction score
Have not noticed this, but still, apparently the guy is very good cutting live promos, so we'll see. But he really needs to debut right now. Build up has been cool, at least for me, but it's beginning to be a little long

Mister J

Reaction score
He is the Latino version of Salvatore Sincere.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Caras/Del Rio is a very good worker. At the house show last Sunday here he worked a very nice match with Chavo Guerrero. Despite adapting to the WWE style and obviously working more toned down as a heel, he's actually settled right in and still works a way that is different enough to take notice. Plus his mannerisms when he wrestles are great, getting him heaps of heat. The guy is good enough to run with the ball if given it, so now it's just up to WWE to give him the chance.

This^^^ Ive seen him at live show in Newcastle. He is a good worker, And he is good on the mic. He got some pretty good heel heat too.

I think he will be OK when he gets his chance. But they do need to make him debut some time soon. Because those vignettes are getting lame.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I think R-Truth was the last one to get such a build up, and it has turned up just fine for him. Smackdown does seem to have too many heels though

Don't recall any particular hype for Truth's return at all.

I'd have cited Kizzarny or that Vade Hansen character... Look how 'well' they did. Sadly, them giving him vingettes is still not a reliable indication that they are commited to the character.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think Carlito is a good example of a character that did good with vignettes when he first debuted.

CMS

Reaction score
Truth had a lot of vignettes hyping his debut:

[video=youtube;sFsBZ3fNcjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsBZ3fNcjE[/video]

There you can see the links for the rest of the videos

Reaction score
I'm lovin' the guy now. I think he's hilarious. The traditional Mexican theme music, the personal ring announcer "Alberto DelRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOOOHHHHH" (lol) and his promos have been pretty funny, imo. His arm bar flip thing for a finisher looks really cool. It's just a simple arm bar, but I've never seen that variation. He seems to be getting alot of heat, but of course, that's just from taking out the Beandip Midget. I'm not sure how a Christian feud will turn out, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I actually look forward to seeing a healed Beandip Midget vs Del Rio feud in the future.

Reaction score
That Truth promo looks amazing. I wish his character was like that and he cut promos like that (He sucks atm). As for Alberto, I have high expectations. His opening night on SD proved he can be a major player. He needs to continue his assault on small wrestlers, fight Christian for a month or two then battle Mysterio at the Survivor Series in a noDQ match or something - Perhaps a submission match.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I'm lovin' the guy now. I think he's hilarious. The traditional Mexican theme music, the personal ring announcer "Alberto DelRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOOOHHHHH" (lol) and his promos have been pretty funny, imo. His arm bar flip thing for a finisher looks really cool. It's just a simple arm bar, but I've never seen that variation. He seems to be getting alot of heat, but of course, that's just from taking out the Beandip Midget. I'm not sure how a Christian feud will turn out, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I actually look forward to seeing a healed Beandip Midget vs Del Rio feud in the future.

I have to agree with this. I am going to admit, at first I really didn't care for Del Rio, I Thought his vignettes were just annoying and just took up time. But, his debut and everything he has done since then has really impressed me. He is getting great heat, and I feel that taking our Rey did cause most of it, but it was obvious that the WWE was planning for him to be a major heel, or else they wouldn't have had him take outy the 'Beadip Midget' as you out it lol.

I am curious to see how the Christian/Del Rio program goes, it could be pretty interesting, the segment they had on Smackdown was good and I think they would/could put on one hell of a match.

Reaction score
I have to agree with this. I am going to admit, at first I really didn't care for Del Rio, I Thought his vignettes were just annoying and just took up time. But, his debut and everything he has done since then has really impressed me. He is getting great heat, and I feel that taking our Rey did cause most of it, but it was obvious that the WWE was planning for him to be a major heel, or else they wouldn't have had him take outy the 'Beadip Midget' as you out it lol.

I am curious to see how the Christian/Del Rio program goes, it could be pretty interesting, the segment they had on Smackdown was good and I think they would/could put on one hell of a match.

I completely agree with everything you've said here. I didn't like him at first. I thought his promos were annoying, pointless and stupid but now I love him. I hope his program with Christian lasts for a month (Hell, Maybe a match on the HIAC show). I think the program has potential and could be a good small feud while Mysterio is relaxing then upon Reys return, they can resume this feud.