Alberto Del Rio: Expectations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
To me, Alberto Del Rio is a "breathe of fresh air" in the WWE. I have HUGE expectations for this guy, and i hope they don't screw him over with their booking. The WWE wants to push guys like Sheamus, Mcintyre, and Barrett, but to me, this guy is the real deal out of them. He just has a well rounded character and plays it perfectly.

I wasn't planning to go to Smackdown in Detroit on Tuesday, however i think i am going to have to check it out now. I doubt any great matches will be taking place, but it will be cool to see Del Rio and Punk.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
You point out that it's been working remarkably well for two years, thus proving it has longevity and is effective, but also say he needs new music now? Dear god.

And if you can't tell that Del Rio is a far superior wrestler than Truth, you're mentally just not all there.

Sometimes people appear better at the beginning than they eventually turn out to be is what i was saying. Truth was awesome at the beginning but now hes well.... yeah....

Reaction score
To me, Alberto Del Rio is a "breathe of fresh air" in the WWE. I have HUGE expectations for this guy, and i hope they don't screw him over with their booking. The WWE wants to push guys like Sheamus, Mcintyre, and Barrett, but to me, this guy is the real deal out of them. He just has a well rounded character and plays it perfectly.

I wasn't planning to go to Smackdown in Detroit on Tuesday, however i think i am going to have to check it out now. I doubt any great matches will be taking place, but it will be cool to see Del Rio and Punk.

The best matches of the week occur on Smackdown and Superstars (The best action from SS is by SD wrestlers). The only downside is you need to watch NXT..

I also have high expectations for Alberto. He is possibly the next biggest thing in WWE (I also wish McIntyre, Rhodes & Ziggler get a push). I doubt he'll be the one to beat Undertaker at WM but he surely will grab a belt by Mania.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
For a second i mixed up and thought the last paragraph said "He will win the belt and beat Undertaker at Mania" and i was like .. WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME? But yeah i agree, he probably will grab some sort of title, doubtful that it will be a world title though.

Reaction score
I can see him possibly challenging Taker at some point down the line. He can take out Christian, Rey and possibly Hardy then claim that he will take out Taker next.. The only issue is that Smackdown doesn't have many faces.. They need to move stars like Morrison and Truth onto SD and turn some Raw guys face due to their lack of faces.

Reaction score
^ Why would Alberto (A devious heel) battle the heel team of Smackdown?

I think he should battle MVP, Christian, Hardy and Rey then set his sites on Undertaker; Culminating in a battle somewhere down the line. The only issue is that SD doesn't have many faces.

As for Cody/McIntyre, I would absolutely love a tag title run.

Reaction score
The feud with Christian is just a mini feud for him to run through while Rey is out resting up. I wouldn't expect anything from it, nor would I expect anything big to follow from Del Rio. They'll likely cool off on him following him ultimately jobbing to Rey.

:S I was thinking he might feud with Cody and/or McIntyre after hes done with Christian, Takers possible though, i guess.

:lmao

Airfixx

Reaction score
Sometimes people appear better at the beginning than they eventually turn out to be is what i was saying. Truth was awesome at the beginning but now hes well.... yeah....

He hasn't changed at all.... Truth peddles the same crap in the ring now as he did when he re-debuted.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^ Why would Alberto (A devious heel) battle the heel team of Smackdown?

I think he should battle MVP, Christian, Hardy and Rey then set his sites on Undertaker; Culminating in a battle somewhere down the line. The only issue is that SD doesn't have many faces.

As for Cody/McIntyre, I would absolutely love a tag title run.

Rhodes and McIntyre just seem like an awkward pairing to me. I can't see them teaming for too long. They really don't have alot in common besides their hate of Christian and they are both heels.

1chiban

Reaction score
I do struggle to see where they go with McIntyre after this. Del Rio has shown how you get heat from the fans... and shows that WWE still know how to build someone well if they can be bothered. Poor McIntyre failed/has been failed across the board.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^McIntyre was good at the beginning, coming out of the crowd, attacking Truth, crashing the 10th anniversary SD celebration, even beating Truth in his PPV debut. After that, he won the IC title, after losing it, he went down hill.