AFL 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
I don't think North are going to escape anything. If anything will overshadow that result, it'll be the fact that Franklin kicked 13 goals. The Melbourne result takes the heat off Carlton as nobody will care about Port being them. What a result for Port though, and in saying that, what the fuck is going on with Carlton? They have not been playing well at all these past few weeks.

I'm not that angry about our result. Why? Because I watched until half-time and started fucking around on my laptop. Last week we were shit against the Giants yet I still sat there and battled through it, so by using that, just imagine how our first half was. Need help? No worries, I'll give you two words which sums it up perfectly - an abomination. No, I can do better - completely shocking. No, wait, I can go one more - absolutely disgraceful.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There will be plenty of scruntiny on a few teams this week but North won't get as much backlash as they should. I hope that this time Brad Scott actually makes quite a few changes to show all the players that if you don't perform you will be dropped. We are lucky that we have the bye next week and so we have an extra week to prepare for our next game against Gold Coast.

Carlton's form baffles me a bit, they started so strong but they look like an average team out there now. They have Geelong next week so it won't get any easier.

Three games left this week so will we see anymore upsets? The best chance would probably be Bulldogs over Geelong.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Marc Murphy's your answer to Carlton's woes.

Some crazy shocks, Melbourne... Jesus fuck.

Aniking

Reaction score
Marc Murphy's your answer to Carlton's woes.

Actually their decline doesn't coincide with Murphy being out. Statistics show their decline began the moment Carazzo (sp) got injured in the game against us. The AFL website provided an article last week with proof of how underrated Carrazzo is to that team, and it actually shocked me. Obviously Murphy now being out isn't ideal for them either, but they have not been playing well since the game against us.

Only shock I see happening would be Bulldogs over Sydney, but you wouldn't rule out Brisbane over West Coast. I know, I know, but it's at the Gabba and it's not as much od a surprise as Melbourne beating us. We smashed West Coast, Brisbane are better than Melbourne, I'm sure you get where I'm going with that.

Here's a question for you guys. What would be the bigger upset - Melbourne beating Essendon, or the Gold Coast beating Collingwood?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd have to say Gold Coast. They're just really shit.

Essendon played sloppy but it's a good question, don't forget Melbourne beat Essendon last year.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'd have to say Gold Coast. They're just really shit.

Essendon played sloppy but it's a good question, don't forget Melbourne beat Essendon last year.

Melbourne have been worse than Gold Coast though. Their percentage has been worse for the past couple of weeks and they haven't really shown any signs of decent play until last week against Carlton. Gold Coast have actually been winning like half their matches by half-time.

Thing is Melbourne are worse than last year and we're better, so it makes it such a bigger win for them. Not so much a hugely disappointing loss for us seeing how we were on a bad run this time last year but we've been great so far this year.

I'm worried about next weekends game against Sydney. We've not been playing overly great lately. We started well against Richmond, began to play bad and ended up hanging on, then we had a bad first half against GWS and managed to pull away but still didn't play that great, and now tonight we were just disgraceful for the entire game.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Sydney flogged Bulldogs today as Collingwood flogged GCS as well.

Brisbane caused another upset with a 2 point win, round of upsets there.

Sydney has Essendon next week down here which should be interesting, might actually go to the game.

Ablett grabbed 53 possessions, the best ever in AFL?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Brisbane/West Coast game was fantastic, even better than the Richmond/St Kilda game to watch because it was a lot more unexpected. Brisbane kept hanging in there all day and then everything clicked in the final quarter where they kept fighting. That torp from 65m out with 90 seconds left was fantastic and even I got out of my seat for that even though it wasn't my team. Bulldogs and Gold Coast were both poor today. Excellent round again and it shows that no team is safe this year, anyone can beat anyone of a given day.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
A Collingwood member has had his membership cancelled and been forced to apologise to both the Collingwood and Gold Coast team for racially abusing a Gold Coast player. The member will also be forced to apologise to the Suns player.

That doesn't sound good when you lose a membership and we're not even half-way through the season. Such a blow for Collingwood FC.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that it is too big a blow for Collingwood they only lose one member plus the member they lose isn't worth having if he racially abuses players. Good to see that they are trying to stamp it out of the game and are punishing fans that go too far.

I just read some distressing news about North. Eugene Arocca has quit as CEO of North. He was fantastic the past three years in turning this club around financially and he himself gave over $70k to the club. Not sure why he is quitting suddenly but it can't be good for North.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Wouldn't call it a blow losing 1 member out of 70,000. I read the full story on a news site and it's good that Dale Thomas reported the incident about the other player getting racial comments. Good leadership.

Aniking

Reaction score
How the hell is losing ONE member a big loss? Come on.

I too thought it was great to hear Dale Thomas and also other Collingwood players report the incident. Hopefully all fans take this as an example that even they won't tolerate that disgusting behaviour from their own fans towards an opposition player.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Geelong had a good win over Carlton last night. Carlton were ahead for most of the game but Geelong kept coming and ended up winning by 12 points. Today Richmond surprisingly lost to Fremantle, I really didn't think that Richmond would lose at home to Freo but Pavlich stood up and kicked six goals to lead the way. Even more impressive was the fact that Freo lost Sandilands in the first quarter.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Now that was a good finish. Sydney had everything under control for the first three quarters thanks to superior pressure and thanks to Essendon kicking 2.15 for the first three quarters. Then suddenly everything clicked for Essendon and they went on a goal kicking spree, kicking nine goals to two in the final quarter to lose by four points. They could have had a chance right at the end though when Dempsey marked just outside fifty and wheeled around to play on just as the siren went. If he hadn't have moved it would have been a tough kick but you never know in situations like that. Was a great finish to a game that looked all but over at three quarter time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hawthorn had a clinical win over Port today by 46 points, they had a four goal lead by quarter time and never looked like losing. The only negative for Hawthorn was that Franklin was reported for a sling tackle on Stewart. Looked pretty similar to what Taylor Walker did a few weeks back and with Franklins poor record that could mean a couple of weeks on the sideline.

Hoping that tomorrow Melbourne can actually make it a close game but I highly doubt it.