• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AFL 2012

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What a game! Another Anzac day and another great match between Essendon and Collingwood. Dramatic stuff with Collingwood getting away with a one point win. Really fun to watch as a neutral, quality tussle between both teams.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ripper of a game, wish Dons won but great display by both teams.

However I'm absolutely pissed off Stanton played shithouse!

Aniking

Reaction score
I'm still deflated. I thought Stanton had pinched it for us, but it wasn't to be. Collingwood were the better team for most of the match and probably deserved it in the end. Still sucks.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I was at the game, Row C behind the goals (Collingwood CS). Great match and very close the whole way through, crowd was good too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Essendon can't catch a break with injuries at the moment, having to use their sub in the first quarter yet again. Nine players have been injured for them this year and seven are hamstring injuries, crazy record.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sydney keep coming. Were down at half time against Hawthorn by 20 points but turned it around and won by 37 points. Wonder if the bookies will still rate Hawthorn as premiership favourites when they have started 2-3. Richmond pushed West Coast and surprisingly only lost by 10 points, they even had scores level with only a few minutes left. North were disappointing yesterday after we kicked 17.25, should have easily been a ten goal win but we were wasteful again in front of goal. Good test next week against West Coast away, we only lost by two points there last time and that was with no ruckmen so I think that we can beat them if we use the ball efficiently in front of goal.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Melbourne rookie, Leigh Williams was rushed to hospital last Saturday Night with a viral infection of the brain. He was placed in the Intensive Care Unit and placed in an induced coma as he underwent treatment. Williams is expected to make a full recovery and will spend the next 2 weeks in hospital. Williams was drafted to Melbourne after an 88 goal season in the EFL with Norwood in 2011.

Shit, not food. Hope he gets a speedy recovery.

Also;

Travis Cloke on the radar for $1M from Fremantle as he will be a free agent.

What do you think of this move and the free agency?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I really can't see Cloke staying at Collingwood next year. He has million dollar offers from GWS and Fremantle and I can't see Collingwood being able to offer him even half that since they have already signed a bunch of top players. It will show impressive loyalty if he does stay at the Pies but I couldn't blame him if he took the big bucks on offer.

Adam Goodes is going to be out for six weeks which is by far the longest injury run for him, previously in his 305 game career he has only missed 7 games and the fewest games he has played in a season is 20! Incredible record and it is a massive blow for Sydney. Sam Reid really needs to find form and step up this week, could Everitt maybe play forward this week as another tall option?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Fuck me that was the worst game I've ever watched. Melbourne should just relegate to the VFL for fuck sake. That was just shit and Buddy needs goalkicking tips.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was a poor game to watch, can't believe how bad goal kicking was for both teams. Melbourne were lucky to get away with a 66 point loss, it should have been closer to 100. Not the best Friday Night game, wish that North would get more Friday night games, I think that we deserve it ahead of Melbourne.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Adelaide beats Geelong and dismantled them from the very beginning.

GWS records their first win!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well done Andrew, Dogs played much better than North and deserved the win.

Strange week with GWS winning, Adelaide winning by nearly ten goals, Richmond winning comfortably and now St Kilda beating Carlton. This season couldn't get any closer with realistically only four teams completely out of the finals race; GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Port.

I can't believe that Melbourne are actually last right now, just shows how bad that team is. They have a terrible culture and they have a massive experience gap since in previous years they basically dumped all their older players. Cameron Bruce, James MacDonald and Brad Miller would all be starters for Melbourne yet for some unknown reason they dumped them. I also don't like how happy they seem to be in defeat, they should be gutted that they are the worst team in the league when it seemed like last year they were a young team on the rise.

Aniking

Reaction score
This season couldn't get any closer with realistically only four teams completely out of the finals race; GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Port.

I'd actually throw Brisbane into that list too as they aren't any better than Port Adelaide. That leaves 13 teams fighting for 8 positions currently, and really quite a lot of them could stake their claim for the Premiership considering how even the season has been thus far.

You've got Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney, Eseendon, Carlton, Adelaide and Fremantle who could all stake some sort of claim. St Kilda could be close to joining that list after impressively beating Carlton. Interesting thing is that's too many teams to be even involved in the Finals, so the real contenders will be decided in the next month or so I'd say.

Could not be happier with how my Bombers performed. We were outstanding and deserved to beat the Eagles without a doubt. Injuries is no excuse for the Eagles losing as we have had a number of injuries to fairly important players too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good point, I forgot about Brisbane, they definitely won't be a threat this year.

It has been interesting watching the betting odds each week because it seems like each week we get a new premiership favourite. I think that the draw will play a big role in the end to see which team makes it, it would be nice if each team played each other in the first seventeen rounds so that we could see how things were lining up before teams start playing each other twice to close out the season.

Essendon keep proving me wrong, I keep thinking that they will slip up against the top teams but they have been fantastic. Makes North's two point loss to them at the start of the season look a little bit better. Beating the Eagles but that much shows that Essendon were certainly the better team.

For North I think that we really need to figure out who our best CHF and CHB is because we have been trying out quite a few players in those spots without getting the best results. I wouldn't mind Grima back as CHB and Hansen or Pederson getting a long run at CHF as both are in form in the VFL.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I must say, this year's AFL is so fucking entertaining.

Crazy losses and such. I like it this way