• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AFL 2012

Troy

Poor effort by North on the weekend but I would much prefer losing now rather than in two weeks time. That loss and Carlton's shock loss to Gold Coast means that the top eight is now set the only thing that can change is the position of teams in the top eight. Really exciting last round as teams will be jockeying for position to train to get the best first final. I am hoping that North can beat GWS by enough to jump above Freo and get a final against Geelong at the MCG. I would much rather play there then have to travel over to West Coast and play them at home.

Troy

AFL-0830-2012-Defcon-Greatness-Begins3[1].jpg

The finals are now set.

Happy that finally North have made the finals again although slightly disappointed that we couldn't finish with a big win against GWS to get a game against Geelong instead of having to travel to Perth. In saying that the last two games North played against West Coast in Perth we only lost by 4 and 25 points. With Wells and Grima coming back into the team it will be a big boost. The big question is if Goldstein can turn around his form, he has been poor the last two weeks and needs to be at his best against NicNat and Cox.

Should be a good finals series and I think that there will be a few upset and a lot of close games.

Troy

WHAT A GAME!

Great finish to the Richmond versus Port Adelaide game. Port were in front for most of the day and were up by one point at three quarter time. Then Richmond managed to get up by a couple of goals before Port fought back and got themselves to within one point with a minute left. In the end Port managed to scramble through a point with 19 seconds to go and then no-one else could score. Exciting match to watch and I was cheering on a draw at the end.

Andrew

This guy who made the Tom Scully GWS Video has came up with another one, this time Brett Ratten.

[video=youtube;edZaDfmHfB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edZaDfmHfB4[/video]

Troy

Liam Jurrah quit Melbourne today and has indicated that he will move to Adelaide. He wants to be near his family before his court case which is heading to court in early March. There is no way Adelaide will touch him and I doubt Port will either, I think that everyone will steer clear until the court case is settled.

Troy

How good is finals footy!

The intensity is so much higher for this match and the crowd atmosphere is fantastic. Really tough close game so far with Hawthorn ahead by 18 points at half time. Really good game so far.

Troy

Now that was a great final to watch. Hawthorn ran away with it in the end but it was a tough battle for most of the game. 38 point win in the end for Hawthorn who now get the week off whilst Collingwood will play the winner out of West Coast and North Melbourne. Going to be a busy week for the MRP panel as well as Maxwell, Tarrant and Roughead all to come under scrunity for incidents during the match.

Troy

Sydney beat Adelaide earlier today 71-42. The pressure from Sydney was immense and Adelaide could convert even though they had a lot more Inside 50s. Adelaide's power forwards couldn't do anything and both Walker and Tippett were outplayed by the Sydney defence.

Fremantle had a brilliant start against Geelong kicking the first six goals of the game and have managed to keep Geelong at an arms length. Currently Freo are up 76-43 in the third quarter. Geelong aren't completely out of it but they would want to start their charge soon. Pavlich showing that he is one of the best players of his generation with five goals so far.

Troy

Well done Fremantle. Their first ever finals win at the MCG and they do it against last years premiers. 96-80 win in the end and that early start was too much for Geelong to overcome. They made a game of it at the end but a couple of posters at crucial times cost them momentum. Fremantle now face off with Adelaide at AAMI Stadium next week and Freo would be full of confidence especially since they play a similar game style to Sydney.

Can't wait for North tomorrow!

Andrew

:mark: Geelong losing!

Now I don't have to put up with stupid flags hanging out of car windows and people being cocky especially the local paper here.

Andrew

BREAKING NEWS

A PORT Adelaide footballer has died in an incident in Las Vegas. The man was holidaying in the gambling mecca, according to sporting sources, when he is believed to have been found dead within the last 12 hours.

It is believed he was staying at the Flamingo Hotel.

Victorian authorities are trying to reach family to inform them of the tragedy.

Port Adelaide players have been called together for a briefing on the incident.

More to come ...

Absolutely sad news. Will update on further notice.

Troy

Horrible news. It has been confirmed as John McCarthy that died after falling from a balcony, only 22 years old. Just terrible news, I can't remember the last time that an active AFL player passed away.

Troy

I just watched that press conference from Port Adelaide, very hard to watch. Many questions unanswered about how it happened but that is all for another day.

Andrew

Yeah I saw that on FoxSports about half an hour ago. Sad day for the club and AFL alone, very young promising player as well