AEW REVOLUTION March 3rd, 2024: Live from the Greensboro Coliseum on PPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He also won a match in september, october and december - yet claims to be injured since September. weird

• Wow
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah while I like Miro's look and some of his angles, cutting him will literally do nothing to harm the product. What is the point of hanging on to a perpetual malcontent who doesn't wanna do jobs and only seems interested in a) looking dominant and b) cuck angles with his wife that are fucking terrible.

He brings nothing to the table anymore that this company does not already have in spades with younger more hungry competitors. He always seems to tweet things at the worse possible time with the only intent to make the company look bad. He also grossly over estimates his own value, because he would barely be good enough for the US title in WWE at this point. I mean shit, Gunther is already an upgrade from Miro at almost every single facet of the game, for example.

I genuinely wish it would have gone differently, but it started poorly with his shitty gamer gimmick, was good when he was winning as TNT champ and since it's been nothing but bitching and excuses. I'm personally fucking exhausted reading negative shit about this guy and the 4 years of where's miro questions. It's not working out, cut this dude and keep pushing guys like Hobbs.

And as a side note, it COULD have been so much better had HE put in the work and not been such an alleged diva. Joe came in after him, did a bunch of jobs and now he's world champ. Had Miro not been a big baby, he could easily be in a similar position. Swerve also lost his way to the top as a quick example

so frustrating
Pretty much agreed on all accounts. I think it's clear TK wanted big things for him, based on the big Redeemer TNT Title run and then bringing him back to be a big cornerstone of Collision, but it would seem he's already mentally checked out of trying to contribute anything positive to AEW. Especially if he's apparently hurt and getting procedures that are gonna keep him out of action and not even keeping TK in the loop about it (which again is so absurd, I kinda have a hard time even taking him seriously).

At his best, he was awesome, but that's been such a small percentage of his run that I think cutting your losses is totally rational. There are guys who can do what he can do and plenty others who can step up and bring their own shit to the table, and no one should be taking a backseat to a guy, or guys, who don't even wanna be there. Whether there are people actually being stifled by some of these disgruntled dudes, I'm not sure, I'm just speaking hypothetically mostly.

AEW's roster is so deep for me that I think there's a case to be made for addition by subtraction. Miro can head out if he wants.

I wouldn't even be sad if Malakai and Buddy packed it up at this point if that's what they really want (only speculating). I love those dudes, and I love HOB in general, but for one reason or another, they've been spotty about actually working. Injuries, discontent, personal issues.. whatever the case. To me, the writing is on the wall that they're gonna be on the first bus back to WWE when they get the chance, and that's fine for them. If they leave, that to me just means a bigger push for Brody King is imminent, and I think that's the person among those three that Tony should be investing the most in, and thankfully has been for the last few months.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Pretty much agreed on all accounts. I think it's clear TK wanted big things for him, based on the big Redeemer TNT Title run and then bringing him back to be a big cornerstone of Collision, but it would seem he's already mentally checked out of trying to contribute anything positive to AEW. Especially if he's apparently hurt and getting procedures that are gonna keep him out of action and not even keeping TK in the loop about it (which again is so absurd, I kinda have a hard time even taking him seriously).

At his best, he was awesome, but that's been such a small percentage of his run that I think cutting your losses is totally rational. There are guys who can do what he can do and plenty others who can step up and bring their own shit to the table, and no one should be taking a backseat to a guy, or guys, who don't even wanna be there. Whether there are people actually being stifled by some of these disgruntled dudes, I'm not sure, I'm just speaking hypothetically mostly.

AEW's roster is so deep for me that I think there's a case to be made for addition by subtraction. Miro can head out if he wants.

I wouldn't even be sad if Malakai and Buddy packed it up at this point if that's what they really want (only speculating). I love those dudes, and I love HOB in general, but for one reason or another, they've been spotty about actually working. Injuries, discontent, personal issues.. whatever the case. To me, the writing is on the wall that they're gonna be on the first bus back to WWE when they get the chance, and that's fine for them. If they leave, that to me just means a bigger push for Brody King is imminent, and I think that's the person among those three that Tony should be investing the most in, and thankfully has been for the last few months.
yeah I agree with everything you said here as well, even on Malakai (assuming he is actually unhappy). Even Starks to a degree (though I think he actually has been given a lot despite some of the online perception). And while I agree with the one foot out the door I think you said it best that really they are lots of guys and gals who are talented as hell who are ready and hungry to go. 100% agree with your take on HOB too, I don't really care about anyone other than Brodie anymore, and the reasons are kind of what we talked about : dude does the work, shows up and kills it everytime. promotes AEW when he's online and while he was in the Punk camp and was apparently upset at how things unfolded, he never let that shit affect his on screen or online performance. Shit I think if he wasn't injured or ''stuck'' in that faction, for lack of better words, he could be a player for any of the secondary singles titles. We saw proof of this in the C2 if we didn't already know.

I do think especially on the men's side, addition by subtraction and only signing either a) Cream of the crop or b) filling a specific need is also a correct approach at this time (I think with the ladies there's still some holes so I don't mind a shopping spree). I was pleasantly surprised AEW avoided Ali and Ziggler, and I think it's actually been fruitful for all parties involved. Okada is obviously a on brainer if he's available , same as Ospreay so those are acceptable as well, and an even better excuse to cut off the expensive excess fat

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoss

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I feel like Black is on his body not being what it used to be rather than being an asshole

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I feel like Black is on his body not being what it used to be rather than being an asshole
Yeah, in his and Buddy's case it's less a matter of their attitudes and more of a matter of "are you worth the investment?"

I don't think either of those guys has done anything wrong per se.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The issue is: WHY THE FUCK IS THE SUPER GROUP NOT GOING AFTER THE UNDISPUTED KINGDOM AS THAT'S WHY THEY FORMED!!!!!
As a huge Jay White, I’d prefer he be doing more in general. I’m not gonna complain that Tony isn’t protecting him because I agree his wins and loses aren’t an issue, but he feels so far removed from a priority it makes me a bit sad.

As for this quote, this was my main point in this thread. The super group formed from my understanding to battle UK since BCG were short one Juice so they shouldn’t have needed to wait, but they’ve seemingly forgotten UK exist now. Which is weird.

So yeah, if they were at least feuding with UK, I’d be pacified as i was actually looking forward to this feud. Quite a bit, even.

That being said, when Juice does return and hopefully by then Cole is cleared, this should be a banger of an angle.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He also won a match in september, october and december - yet claims to be injured since September. weird
Says he didn’t get medical until January. Not really sure what’s happening with him anymore. It makes me sad, but I wish something would be done. This pattern can’t continue. Even with those wins, I think he only wrestled once in each of those months. It’s like when Punk left Collision the people specifically brought in to be Collision guys went back into hiding. Either because they stopped doing brand specific wrestlers or him and Andrade just really weren’t happy working for Tony.

If the latter is the case, just let him go back to WWE if he wants. AEW is currently winning on new talent acquisitions.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So i looked again, and I was right. Miro has only had 6 matches since June and no matches since January. Maybe he’s hurt now, but I don’t think that explains a single match a a month since Punk left collusion. I think there’s backstage issues there and considering he’s on only tweeting about Tony not knowing he’s hurt, I’d just cut my loses on this one. Let him go. I say that as a Miro fan, but he’s accomplished so little in AEW in over a year it’s not worth the headache.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Says he didn’t get medical until January. Not really sure what’s happening with him anymore. It makes me sad, but I wish something would be done. This pattern can’t continue. Even with those wins, I think he only wrestled once in each of those months. It’s like when Punk left Collision the people specifically brought in to be Collision guys went back into hiding. Either because they stopped doing brand specific wrestlers or him and Andrade just really weren’t happy working for Tony.

If the latter is the case, just let him go back to WWE if he wants. AEW is currently winning on new talent acquisitions.
Andrade actually did a whole tournament and got a win over Danielson in the process and laid down in the end, so at least he made it ''right''
HoB have been on quite a bit so that's not really true either.

It's honestly Andrade (who left) and Miro at this point. Everyone else from the punk era collision is being featured, Ricky was just tag champ. Not really buying the punk angle tbh, I think it's just a handful of malcontents that TK gotta stop catering to (I would suspend Miro without pay if he refused to do whats asked of him, personally) but I think TK has a ''ok, well we will ask someone else and you can sit until the next time I might need you'' philosophy, which some ppl will dislike for sure

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So i looked again, and I was right. Miro has only had 6 matches since June and no matches since January. Maybe he’s hurt now, but I don’t think that explains a single match a a month since Punk left collusion. I think there’s backstage issues there and considering he’s on only tweeting about Tony not knowing he’s hurt, I’d just cut my loses on this one. Let him go. I say that as a Miro fan, but he’s accomplished so little in AEW in over a year it’s not worth the headache.
Yeah I don't really believe him either and TK specially said Miro wasn't available on the pressed, so he's on top of that reacted to an erroneous version of the truth lol. He seems more interested in proving dirtsheets wrong than doing his job, it's weird.

And yeah tbh most of us are Miro fans but this shit is just tiresome now and they've got plenty of other charismatic big men they can use.

I just hope no one is silly and uses the ex-WWE argument either because plenty of ex wwe guys are thriving and plenty of aew day 1s are struggling too, the place of origin seems to have very little effect on your usage and TK was clearly pushing him hard for the first year+

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Andrade actually did a whole tournament and got a win over Danielson in the process and laid down in the end, so at least he made it ''right''

It's honestly Andrade (who left) and Miro at this point. Everyone else from the punk era collision is being featured, Ricky was just tag champ. Not really buying the punk angle tbh, I think it's just a handful of malcontents that TK gotta stop catering to (I would suspend Miro without pay if he refused to do whats asked of him, personally) but I think TK has a ''ok, well we will ask someone else and you can sit until the next time I might need you'' philosophy, which some ppl will dislike for sure
How quickly you, I and everyone else forgets Scorpio Sky...

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Oh, I specifically do mean the malcontents that weren’t being booked prior to the booking of collision not like everyone that got kind of moved over there Ricky was being featured pretty well before collision as well. I think if we believe all the reports about how punk was more or less, making the decisions on collision Miro Andrade were like OK new start and they came in there like a hot start or whatever and then he he left and then if you look at his cagematch after punk Miro was getting booked once a month and like I said, I’m not saying necessarily that that was a Tony call. I think Miro himself might be a bitch about the fact that punk was gone and he doesn’t trust Tony to oversee his career or whatever so he’s only agreeing to work when he knows he’s gonna win or whatever so you should just let him go go.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler