• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Dynamite May 3rd, 2023: MJF and Sammy Guevara vs Darby Allin and Jack Perry

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Britt imo is their best overall women’s package. It makes sense to give her more presence, but she’s still giving the other women a chance to shine. Jamie is becoming a legit star in her run right now and she’s putting over the outcasts pretty nicely etc.

I think her in ring improvement has been hampered by her still working as a dentist. Which is no knock on her it’s commendable she wanted to continue to do both. Just doesn’t leave a ton of time for training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I find his ripcord is way better than seths (agree that that move was ass) . Look at these examples btw for some of his really crushing ones (he does go down to one knee on one, or does the leg flair on the other where it looks like a homerun swing)

jTnooq.gif

njpw-will-ospreay.gif
(holy fuck lol)

but also these sick counters brooooo, this one was insane:

rjvIckn.gif
I do think everyone in Japan sells the move pretty well and yes, the counters in the match are pretty exciting. I just don’t particularly like the way the move looks especially compared to a lot of the way other Japan stars have really brutal looking moves, but like I said, that’s just me.

I will say I liked that one he kneed on more than most. Similar to how Book would knee on the Bookend.

Kross Rhodes

I think her in ring improvement has been hampered by her still working as a dentist. Which is no knock on her it’s commendable she wanted to continue to do both. Just doesn’t leave a ton of time for training.

I do agree now that AEW is a big time company she should probably retire her business until she retires from wrestling. It’ll be a nice nest egg to come back to.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS

that and working injured (the back issue much like Rosa, makes you a much slower and weaker for lifts). I do think the dentist stuff is awesome but ya, she could be a lot better if she trained full time, there is no possible argument against this. I do think one day she should just manage her practice and focus on wrestling. She can make money off her business without having to be there all the time

biggest example of this, and I hate to say it, is her cardio. She is not wrestling enough clearly, because she should not be getting this winded halfway in a match.

Kross Rhodes

Strat and Starks are who I’d of picked as the winners

I’d have only not given him the Owen if I had booked him to beat Hangman, and retroactively looking at it, I would have. I’d have given it to Cole at Revolution.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I’d have only not given him the Owen if I had booked him to beat Hangman, and retroactively looking at it, I would have. I’d have given it to Cole at Revolution.
Cole was never beating Hangman, I know u dislike one and love the other, but no, it was not his time, and you had a white hot Punk in the wings. Punk was always gonna be the next guy

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
tbf though I get what they were doing with Cole too, they were keeping him strong because he was clearly slotted in for not only a fight with NJPW top guys but also clearly getting primed for a one on one with omega before hhe got hurt

Kross Rhodes

Cole was never beating Hangman, I know u dislike one and love the other, but no, it was not his time, and you had a white hot Punk in the wings. Punk was always gonna be the next guy
I don’t dislike Jangman. I tooted for him to beat Onega. I just don’t think anything ultimately came from his reign in hindsight and I also wouldn’t have had Cole losing a world title program so early in his career. That’s why I think he needed the Owen. So all I’m saying is one or the other.

I love Punl to death too but retroactively as I said probably best not to give it to him yet and avoid the Hangman program that caused issues.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
I think Hangers match quality was top notch and it solidified him as a viable main eventer