• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ADAM SANDLER WILL BE YOUR GUIDE TO CANDY LAND

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Hasbro made two big deal announcements this week for movies based on their properties. The bigger news is the long-in-development movie based on the classic board game Candy Land. The movie was recently one of several Hasbro projects dropped by Universal Pictures, which still has Battleship, the first movie produced under that disintegrating deal, coming out this summer. Hasbro moved Candy Land to Columbia Pictures, along with attaching Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison production company. Adam Sandler will star in Candy Land, as well as cowrite with Robert Smigel, who also worked with Sandler on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. There's no word as to whether any of the previous writers will remain involved, but director Kevin Lima (Enchanted, 102 Dalmatians) is still attached to direct Candy Land despite the studio move. First published in 1949, Candy Land is a children's board game that takes players through a series of candy-themed areas such as the Candy Cane Forest, the Lollypop Woods and Gum Drop Mountain. There are several male characters in the game, such as Lord Licorice, Mr. Mint and King Candy, but it's not yet known what role Adam Sandler will be playing. This was also the week that Hasbro announced that the (even longer in development) movie adaptation of the 1970s "tug of war"-friendly superhero toy Stretch Armstrong is no longer based at Universal Pictures either. Stretch Armstrong is now in development at Relativity Media, the mini-studio responsible for such recent releases as Haywire, Immortals, Season of the Witch, Shark Night 3D, and Take Me Home Tonight. The move away from Universal also included the dropping of both Taylor Lautner (Abduction, the Twilight movies) and director Rob Letterman (2010's Gulliver's Travels; codirector of Shark Tale, Monsters vs Aliens). Even without any writer, director or star currently attached, Relativity Media has already scheduled Stretch Armstrong for a release date of April 11, 2014. Both of these stories can be considered Rotten Ideas (especially Candy Land).

Why does this movie sound like sugary crap to me?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Longer than that for me. The last thing I found him remotely funny in was The Waterboy. 50 First Dates was a good movie and he was fine in that because he wasn't trying to be over the top funny.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
I like him in the remake of the Longest Yard, but I think it was because of all the wrestlers that was in it, plus Tracy Morgan was fucking hillarious.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
I didn't like that remake. It wasn't bad, but I can still watch the first one again and love it more than the remake. And everyone around him made the movie watchable.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
I liked Click....that was probably the last movie of his I liked...but he could care as he lives in a house made of money

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
because a lot of America has no sense of humor and they think that shit is funny...his movies KILL at the box office

The Viper

I like him in the remake of the Longest Yard, but I think it was because of all the wrestlers that was in it, plus Tracy Morgan was fucking hillarious.

Tracy Morgan's part had to be the greatest scene in that movie.

And I loved that movie. Austin was great as the dick heel as well (yeah, I'm such a mark that I call "bad guys" in movies, "heels". So what!??!).

Catfish Billy

By far, the best character in the Longest Yard was Cheeseburger Eddie!!!
[video=youtube;n7gR0dj9X6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gR0dj9X6o[/video]

I really couldn't give a shit about the Candy Land film. I'll probably get a few laughs out of watching the trailer, but I'm not going to waste two hours of my life on this shit.

Lover Boy

Certified
I quite liked Adam Sandler in Grown Ups, I thought that was a pretty funny film and he was pretty good himself.