A Good Day to Die Hard: Mafia with a Vengeance [Game Thread]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
It’s essentially that he was just calling everyone null and giving excuses for why he doesn’t have reads on them or can’t read them. Cp posited that scum barry just goes with the flow and doesn’t do his own shit like he does when he’s town. Chris posits that it’s fairly evident barry hasn’t even been reading the thread

Got ya, thanks. I'm doing an ISO right now and I would say going with the flow of the thread is a pretty appropriate way to describe it. He didn't fully agree with the Zinger wagon but didn't fight it too much. From what I can see he's given town reads on CP and Blaze, but not really gone at anybody yet or placed a vote. I don't think having a lot of null reads on Day 1 is inherently scummy, but it's obviously an easy thing to slide in to.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
In summary up to this point, TFW and Sky are likely town, Ekko seems eager to solve and while I don't agree with all of his takes ima call him town for now as well. Haza in hindsight felt pretty towny too and Jeff on the other hand has continued to provide nothing while expecting more from me in particular so I find myself kinda agreeing with Haza that Jeff is off, even though we took opposite sides on the argument earlier lel.

Barry feels hedgy, Jonny could stand to be more game-related in his posts as well. I'm only half-joking when I say CP should be vigged. Everyone else null for now.

dece post. I agree on ekko, sky and haza looking blue. I don't expect to be town read for my contributions at that point so that's fine, too. I'm not really feeling the 4th town just yet, I know he's generally wishy washy but I still expected better on Zinger vote, as an example and that's still not sitting overly well with me. Regarding Barry, I felt his entrance and reaction to me and Poyser voting Lethal felt genuine but I'll concede that Ekko made a good point as well.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think that "I do" thing he pointed out means absolutely nothing whatsoever. It doesn't strike me as odd at all.
thanks you for CP bringing this post up again. so I have to ask again why is Jonny leaning scum on Zinger?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Pretty much for the same reason as Zinger, you both kinda went off of something that wasn't really there. Him with the "I do" thing and you saying that the other dude's posts made him seem nervous when it was all just fluff. But I will say that all your posts after that have seemed better.

I don't see how you can equate Ekko's behavior to Zinger's here at all

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That's not a good reason. You can't look at 4 people that did/said the same thing and only single out 2. It should be all or none regardless of what you "expect".
hmmm nah meta's and personalities are a thing. not always fair as the person getting judged but yeah, I agree with CP here, there's certain reactions and behaviors that are more natural to some than others, and SKY and 4th would certainly fall into that category for different reasons. you're unfortunately more of an unknown so it's natural for you to be judged under a more "normal expected reaction" lens then they have

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I feel like you're saying two different things here Jeff in regards to me. You say you expect better but also that you'd expect this type of reaction from me with CP's point? Can you clarify that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
still got about 13 pages to go but seeing some progress. not feeling too great about jonny obviously.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like you're saying two different things here Jeff in regards to me. You say you expect better but also that you'd expect this type of reaction from me with CP's point? Can you clarify that.

I should have clarified I was more leaning into his sky point more than you. I was agreeing with CP you can be naive, but I still didn't love it. Hence why I'm uneasy on you but not outright suspicious, yet. Jonny in this case, went from saying one thing to another, which is much much more concerning.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Still not really seeing what is wrong with the Zinger direction, but I suppose he could be town for it and it's just poor town play from his end. He just hasn't really done anything since calling those players scum, and hasn't made any real effort to pursue them. So it makes them feel like fake reads a lot more.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If I'm wrong whatever, I made a heap of wrong calls last game. But if I'm right then I'm a god. It's not like I'm even pushing the issue, I haven't dropped a vote or anything. I've just assigned myself the task of watching then

Like there's no sense of urgency here at all in this post, or any desire to really push on them. They still don't feel like geniune reads.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
thanks you for CP bringing this post up again. so I have to ask again why is Jonny leaning scum on Zinger?
You quoted a lot from me so I'll just quote this one to not have a whole wall here. Think you misread my post, when I say it means nothing I mean that he's looking at nothing, not that what he was doing means nothing. Like the content of what he looked into I don't think meant the two of them were scum, but him using that was still weird. I didn't want to vote for him at first because it was early in the game and I didn't feel like it was enough for an outright vote at that moment (mountain out of a molehill) but I wanted to remember what happened to add on if he said/did something else.
For Ekko being similar to Zinger at the time to me, I thought his whole thing with the nervousness posts he brought up was in the same realm, it was looking at nothing but him using it was weird. However as the day progressed before I went to sleep, Ekko pretty much wasn't pinging me anymore. With my reads for Sky, Blaze, CP and Kringle at that time, they were the ones I felt were the most trustworthy and helpful as far as pushing the game forward and/or trying to push people.
Now I have to catchup on everything, but I'm still surprised there aren't more posts in here, what happened to all of you lol

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Like there's no sense of urgency here at all in this post, or any desire to really push on them. They still don't feel like geniune reads.
what would be the point of him doing this as scum? Going after two of the games stronger players... To look like he's bold/not scared scum? or what