A Good Day to Die Hard: Mafia with a Vengeance [Game Thread]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
what would be the point of him doing this as scum? Going after two of the games stronger players... To look like he's bold/not scared scum? or what

I mean he's not even really going after them outside of his initial post which was lacking any credible reason. So I'm not sure what the play is exactly. In his own words he's just watching them and hasn't placed a vote, feels like he doesn't really believe in it. The only really thing giving me pause is I could be reading in to his posts too much as he was quite odd with his takes in a previous town game too.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You quoted a lot from me so I'll just quote this one to not have a whole wall here. Think you misread my post, when I say it means nothing I mean that he's looking at nothing, not that what he was doing means nothing. Like the content of what he looked into I don't think meant the two of them were scum, but him using that was still weird. I didn't want to vote for him at first because it was early in the game and I didn't feel like it was enough for an outright vote at that moment (mountain out of a molehill) but I wanted to remember what happened to add on if he said/did something else.
For Ekko being similar to Zinger at the time to me, I thought his whole thing with the nervousness posts he brought up was in the same realm, it was looking at nothing but him using it was weird. However as the day progressed before I went to sleep, Ekko pretty much wasn't pinging me anymore. With my reads for Sky, Blaze, CP and Kringle at that time, they were the ones I felt were the most trustworthy and helpful as far as pushing the game forward and/or trying to push people.
Now I have to catchup on everything, but I'm still surprised there aren't more posts in here, what happened to all of you lol

ah ok, I see where I misread then, all of this makes a lot more sense. nervousness comparison I can see from your POV as well as far as "a reach". good.

Reactions: Nostradamus and RDK

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
while you are here, can you expand one why chris and blaze are trustworthy?

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I mean he's not even really going after them outside of his initial post which was lacking any credible reason. So I'm not sure what the play is exactly. In his own words he's just watching them and hasn't placed a vote, feels like he doesn't really believe in it. The only really thing giving me pause is I could be reading in to his posts too much as he was quite odd with his takes in a previous town game too.

any examples off the top of your head before I go searching?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Everyone taking what zinger said at face value is confusing me lol

I get not liking him for not focusing on real content but thinking he was actually serious??
Even though he's said he was serious?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ekkos early posts have read really well to me

that worries me :heston
Alright this seems like a towny post
The 180 on jeff/haza strook me as towny in particular. I don’t think that’s something a scum Tweet does very often
CPs interjections have been solid af

--

This isn’t a terrible post tho

I’m caught up! Nothing much else to add other than I like the points on blaze by whoever brought them up, I don’t really lean town on blaze yet just cos I don’t think I’ve seen him as scum and the last game I played with him, he was super tame and agreeable. Or was he actually scum then? Legit can’t remember lmao. I’ll say it’s probably a good look though

I’m unsure on barry now, his doubling down on cp looks good but he only started making reads after being called out for not making any lol. It’s an easy adjustment to make

Poyser time! So up to the lines looks like we're vibing on our readbacks on some things (tweet's re-entry, some of cp's interjections as he put it).

I don't currently agree the chosen barry post he quoted means that much, but then he kind of backs off it in his final catch-up post. I don't believe Blaze was scum last game, he was agreeable mostly at the end with some bursts of fight (going by memory).

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
This sticks out like a sore thumb to me and I'm not sure how to explain it - I guess it's that I've seen Jeff get very passive aggressive in the past when scum and this has that tone to me. It's easy to grow into comfort posting when up chilling discussing burgers and pizza. I'm going to see what the next 31 pages offer.
While I read back - did you have any thoughts on getting a not entirely joking mini-push before even having posted?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I didn't really agree with Ekko's conclusion that Doddsy looked awkward in the fluff phase, felt like normal fluff Doddsy to me. But the way he explained it when pressed made sense, he's right that you can get something from the fluff phase sometimes too, just not sure if he's got something here. I thought his points on Barry were good too, and I'm not entirely convinced Barry's read the thread still with the "confusion" he's had a few times lol

Also no Jeff is very worrisome, I can give him somewhat of a pass yesterday bc I don't think he faked an amazon web services outage as an alibi for not being that active but yeah it just doesn't seem like he's done much of anything even when here, and he's usually up by now cause he always beats me lol

:worried I did bring up the amazon outage in the main thread but I dunno if I brought if up in thread. there's a lot of flip floperry in this post yes?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m up, give me time to catch up and everything. Feeling horrible right now.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
any examples off the top of your head before I go searching?

Midnight Mass game is what came to mind, his overall demeanour came off so scummy. I just noticed I had problems with him in that game too, so it does give me pause.

The feel of it, everything is going in the right direction

Discussion is the right direction but if it ends up on tweet so be it

They're not on me so yeah can't complain

My goal for today is to be as unobstrusive as possible, if I see something I don't like you'll definitely know about it

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
See I actually liked the play. After seeing the stuff T-Pein would pull, I'm prepared for anything
I don't like judging bad play by the standard of other bad play, that just starts a race to the bottom

Do you really think Zinger makes those posts while believing them earnestly from a town perspective?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:worried I did bring up the amazon outage in the main thread but I dunno if I brought if up in thread. there's a lot of flip floperry in this post yes?

No I don't think so personally lol and idk if you said it in thread at all but we talked about it yesterday in the main chat and I know it was a real thing so I'm saying it could explain your lack of activity yesterday but I don't really think it's a strong explanation and I'd expect more from you regardless at the time I'd made that post

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This sticks out like a sore thumb to me and I'm not sure how to explain it - I guess it's that I've seen Jeff get very passive aggressive in the past when scum and this has that tone to me. It's easy to grow into comfort posting when up chilling discussing burgers and pizza. I'm going to see what the next 31 pages offer.
Haza and Sky not feeling a town Jeff vibe :pull

Possible alliance between Haza and Sky - seems odd for such a connection to be made between two who don't normally see things the same.

Ok so Jeff attacks Sky's point with more of the passive tone mentioned earlier. Interesting

Question: You say my post sticks out like a sore thumb, so I assume thats a -1 for me. you immediately then throw shade at haza/sky for not feeling a town vibe on me, which you would have also agreed with. why is this your initial thought as opposed to simply nodding and agreeing with them?

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I'm looking at town Zinger in attack of the trolls now and he is barely being serious with his posts or his takes the whole short time he is alive by the looks of things

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Gonna have to insist on more votes on Jeff here.

While he may just not be playing his town game (and admitting to it) I'm afraid we can't just take that at his word and give him a pass.

Especially when it is Jeff, who takes great pride in his town game, it's a bad look and he needs to be pushed.
I do get where you're coming from here actually, will finish my readback before I decide where my vote stays or goes