2016 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Andersen threw an interception on his first pass attempt so they put Cam in.. I wonder why they didn't start him, weird shit..

Very. I know Cam hasn't been all that great this season but still weird to bench him...

edit: Looks like it was for disciplinary reasons.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dress Code violation during the pre-game for Cam.. Just was gonna sit out 1 night, looks like it doesn't even matter though because the Panthers' were bound to get blown out anyway.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
15400979_119261105229928_8563681698255801850_n.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh Jets.. I don't know what they're expecting out of Petty or Whackenberg but I don't think out of the 4 within their organization that they have a "legit" starting QB.. Fitzy was previously to this year but his 34 year old self couldn't match the production from the '15-'16 season.

I can see Fitz being a solid back up/spot starter in a couple spots next year..

Not in any particular order but I can list a few of the cases...

Cleveland: This one is obvious, Cleveland will probably draft a QB but I doubt RG3 does anything impressive enough for the Browns to pick up his option for next year.. Fitzy coming of an extremely terrible year and sitting near 35 by the time next season starts would most likely be looking to score a quick deal 1 yr / $3.5-4 mil, maybe some incentives in there. Browns will build a lot of their future team throughout these next couple drafts but having some cheap veteran depth to educate at the QB spot and who has a decent sense of football other than when he's trying to be too much like Brett Favre would be a good fit for one of their QB spots next year..

49ERS: San Francisco is going to be looking for a change of scenery at the QB spot.. and I'm not going to put it past them to replace both of the current ones they've been rolling with in games this season.. Kaepernick is/was an athlete but unfortunately it doesn't look like he's doing anything in San Francisco anymore and either a change of scenery for him is needed or he just lost it all. Gabbert has never really found success in his time in the league and should probably not even be on a roster but that's just my opinion. Fitzy may not be the permanent answer for the Niners but he is a far more reliable teacher and would act as a decent spot starter while they bred perhaps a future franchise QB?

TEXANS: Houston will be looking for some sort of QB option whether it be depth or perhaps even a spot starter for Osweiler.. Tom Savage is a young guy there but I don't see him nor Weeden acting as proper depth nor being able to lead that team in general. Fitz could be an option as far as a back-up goes or perhaps even someone to create some QB battles in camp.. In my opinion Fitz would be a viable option somewhere in their plans however I think it would be best they look for a future franchise QB in the draft.

STEELERS: Big Ben is totally not going anywhere, however he's getting older and his body is definitely not 100% and the Steelers' are fully aware of this.. Landry Jones? We've all seen this guy play.. Future QB of anything? No definitely not.. He barely has worked as a spot starter and Steelers' should look to replace him with someone who's had some productiveness in his career. I can definitely see the Steelers picking up Fitz to back up Ben, regardless if they add him or not the Steelers' should look to replace Landry with a real future franchise QB and get him in there behind Ben ASAP!

Those are just a few of the possible scenarios, there's a few more than just that but most of the cases are similar to these 4 teams..

Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Oh Jets.. I don't know what they're expecting out of Petty or Whackenberg but I don't think out of the 4 within their organization that they have a "legit" starting QB.. Fitzy was previously to this year but his 34 year old self couldn't match the production from the '15-'16 season.

Cleveland: This one is obvious, Cleveland will probably draft a QB but I doubt RG3 does anything impressive enough for the Browns to pick up his option for next year.. Fitzy coming of an extremely terrible year and sitting near 35 by the time next season starts would most likely be looking to score a quick deal 1 yr / $3.5-4 mil, maybe some incentives in there. Browns will build a lot of their future team throughout these next couple drafts but having some cheap veteran depth to educate at the QB spot and who has a decent sense of football other than when he's trying to be too much like Brett Favre would be a good fit for one of their QB spots next year..

49ERS: San Francisco is going to be looking for a change of scenery at the QB spot.. and I'm not going to put it past them to replace both of the current ones they've been rolling with in games this season.. Kaepernick is/was an athlete but unfortunately it doesn't look like he's doing anything in San Francisco anymore and either a change of scenery for him is needed or he just lost it all. Gabbert has never really found success in his time in the league and should probably not even be on a roster but that's just my opinion. Fitzy may not be the permanent answer for the Niners but he is a far more reliable teacher and would act as a decent spot starter while they bred perhaps a future franchise QB?

TEXANS: Houston will be looking for some sort of QB option whether it be depth or perhaps even a spot starter for Osweiler.. Tom Savage is a young guy there but I don't see him nor Weeden acting as proper depth nor being able to lead that team in general. Fitz could be an option as far as a back-up goes or perhaps even someone to create some QB battles in camp.. In my opinion Fitz would be a viable option somewhere in their plans however I think it would be best they look for a future franchise QB in the draft.

STEELERS: Big Ben is totally not going anywhere, however he's getting older and his body is definitely not 100% and the Steelers' are fully aware of this.. Landry Jones? We've all seen this guy play.. Future QB of anything? No definitely not.. He barely has worked as a spot starter and Steelers' should look to replace him with someone who's had some productiveness in his career. I can definitely see the Steelers picking up Fitz to back up Ben, regardless if they add him or not the Steelers' should look to replace Landry with a real future franchise QB and get him in there behind Ben ASAP!

Those are just a few of the possible scenarios, there's a few more than just that but most of the cases are similar to these 4 teams..

Damn, man. I was looking forward to reading more.. very good analysis. Hopefully you'll do every team.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just because you asked here's mine analysis of a potential FitzMagic & Dolphins team-up.

Damn, man. I was looking forward to reading more.. very good analysis. Hopefully you'll do every team.

DOLPHINS: Ryan Tannehill is the franchise QB here there's no doubt about it and there's not really a need to draft another one at the moment given Ryan is still full of youth. If Dolphins' would like to shell out a little extra cash on a more reliable back-up to act as a spot starter in case Tanny goes down (god forbid) over Matt Moore than Fitzy is their guy. Normally teams have 3 QBs on the roster but Dolphins had other priorities this season. Now that they have their RB picture a little clearer with Ajayi being the clear lead back that frees up room for them to hang onto 3 QBs. If they target Fitz as a security blanket back-up I'd look for them to potentially draft a young/fresh QB LATE in the draft, perhaps even bring in an UDFA to sit back and observe Tanny & The Fitz do their thing and hopefully pick up a few things that may help them get a job at some point.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Snowman1

Reaction score

Spectacular analysis! Please keep doing these if you have the time/motivation.

I definitely see that Steelers fit. As a backup you can do much worse than Fitzy - like Landry Jones for example - but his days as a starter are pretty much over. I've liked what I've seen of Kessler in a backup role, Texans have already been there and don't want to go back, and sure he may start over this bum squad over in San Fran but that's hardly a good thing lol. From what I've heard this QB class is really bad, and the Harvard kid would be a better mentor for Kizer than Blaine Gabbert lol

With all the talk about Bowles and whether or not he should be let go though, I don't think so now... This Jets team is a veteran squad who was in a win-now mode when they brought back their record setting QB, and if you were 3-8 during a "win now" year you wouldn't care either lol. Mo Wilkerson has nothing to prove. Revis has already proven he's pretty cooked lol... but it got me wondering what coaches should be let go... I honestly can't think of any outside of Bradley (the Jags defense is better than you think, and you know that offense could be something with an actual NFL QB). Guess it's hard to keep an 0-16 coach though...

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just saw that Bortles has 11 career pick-sixes and 10 career wins. WOW

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just saw that Bortles has 11 career pick-sixes and 10 career wins. WOW

I'm not sure what happened between this season and last but Bortles doesn't look anything close to the production he put up last year. If Tom Coughlin ever wanted to coach again, Jacksonville should be his destination. I don't think its time to completely give up on Bortles yet but he's on the cusp as far as moving forward with a new QB goes.

With all the talk about Bowles and whether or not he should be let go though, I don't think so now...

Bowles should be safe for 1 more year, his season last year should show he knows what he's doing. Revis was the biggest waste of money that the Jets' spent their money on and also this QB problem has been looming for them for awhile now they should've known better.. I can see Kizer or Watson landing in NY with the Gang Green.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Someone on SportsNation put it perfectly:

"I refuse to live in a world where Jeff Fisher can get a two-year contract extension, and we fire this man [after] two seasons, one of which he won 10 games."

Assuming he does get a next year - I think he will, obviously he should - am worried about him being able to live up to expectations next year. Have been reading Watson is this year's version of Teddy Bridgewater, when scouts picked every nit they could with the guy and he fell into being a second-round prospect.

It depends on what Cleveland does, really. If they don't take a QB, one could easily fall to the Jets :) Seeing a lot of Mitch Trubisky hype for some reason. Weird...

Speaking of weirdly hyped QB's, I haven't seen much of Carson Wentz. How's he playing up there?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Speaking of weirdly hyped QB's, I haven't seen much of Carson Wentz. How's he playing up there?

He's our franchise QB there's no doubt about it.. He's got some minor mechanic issues that a quality QB coach could help adjust for the better. Doug Pederson & Reich's playcalling is way too conservative and the personnel all around him is just plain not good. Jason Peters is aging, Kelce has a career high for holds (Jason Peters as well).. The rookie O-Line have been getting bullied more often then not and then of course Lane Johnson and his 10 game suspension doesn't help anything. Our defense played great ball the first half of the season but the offense couldn't put wins together and couldn't keep the defense off the field. Our receivers are suspect.. Dorial Green-Beckham is underutilized, Matthews is 50/50 when it comes to hands made of stone, Agholor is just not a serious WR by any means.. Paul Turner, the UDFA that was a pre-season fan favorite debuted 2 weeks ago with no field time.. last week though he had 8 targets caught 6 of those (1 was way uncatchable) and he showed promise.. The most sensible moves for the Eagles as they look towards next year would be to D-Jax back next year, get a new OC someone who isn't afraid to utilize every bit of talent they have, make some line adjustments to the offense via draft or free agency if the price is right and getting another RB/WR Hybrid weapon through the draft (Curtis Samuel/Christian McCaffrey) as well as solid quality cornerbacks that can both tackle and cover and cause some disruptions and pick up 2 quality linebackers somehow (one draft, one free agency) to give Hicks and Bradham some rest.

^Turned into an analysis of the Eagles as a whole but hey there's some Carson Wentz analysis in there if you look close enough.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tough news for the Giants who have been contending in the NFC Wildcard race.. Jason Pierre-Paul suffered a sports hernia injury that is going to put him on the shelf for the remainder of the regular season possibly even longer (4-6 weeks).

Snowman1

Reaction score
He's our franchise QB there's no doubt about it.. He's got some minor mechanic issues that a quality QB coach could help adjust for the better. Doug Pederson & Reich's playcalling is way too conservative and the personnel all around him is just plain not good. Jason Peters is aging, Kelce has a career high for holds (Jason Peters as well).. The rookie O-Line have been getting bullied more often then not and then of course Lane Johnson and his 10 game suspension doesn't help anything. Our defense played great ball the first half of the season but the offense couldn't put wins together and couldn't keep the defense off the field. Our receivers are suspect.. Dorial Green-Beckham is underutilized, Matthews is 50/50 when it comes to hands made of stone, Agholor is just not a serious WR by any means.. Paul Turner, the UDFA that was a pre-season fan favorite debuted 2 weeks ago with no field time.. last week though he had 8 targets caught 6 of those (1 was way uncatchable) and he showed promise.. The most sensible moves for the Eagles as they look towards next year would be to D-Jax back next year, get a new OC someone who isn't afraid to utilize every bit of talent they have, make some line adjustments to the offense via draft or free agency if the price is right and getting another RB/WR Hybrid weapon through the draft (Curtis Samuel/Christian McCaffrey) as well as solid quality cornerbacks that can both tackle and cover and cause some disruptions and pick up 2 quality linebackers somehow (one draft, one free agency) to give Hicks and Bradham some rest.

^Turned into an analysis of the Eagles as a whole but hey there's some Carson Wentz analysis in there if you look close enough.

Really good analysis Sharpy! That was very informative yo...

As a UT fan, two things to add are that Alvin Kamara is a guy you can definitely keep your eye on in the draft (PLEASE PLEASE OZZIE PLEASE), and that the whole Doug Pederson hire felt like ownership was more worried about pleasing a pissed-off fanbase that regrets losing Andy Reid after being burned by Chip's Blue ass than simply picking the best guy to win games! "He's a Reid understudy and a former Eagles QB!" "BUT HE'S THE KC OC!!!"

It's a crazy scenario. The team sounds like it's surprisingly watchable and you have a nice core group of guys with Wentz/Matthews/some of the front 7/the good linemen you do have, but a full rebuild seems definitely underway there. At least it's entertaining and you don't have to bottom out, woot!

Forgot y'all had a 1st rounder this year though lol

Snowman1

Reaction score
So, get hyped for Raiders vs Chiefs, or don't watch because Thursday Night Football?

Snowman1

Reaction score
A three-and-out followed by a double muff on a punt. Sign of things to come? :okay: