2016 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Cardinals release WR Floyd after DUI arrest

I'll tell you... these talented athletes and their off field issues...

Hopefully getting cut will help him turn a new leaf. I can see him getting a second chance somewhere probably San Fran.. Cardinals need to get themselves some receiving help.. J.J Nelson is good and all but not a #2 WR, Larry is obviously no spring chicken.. and John Brown doesn't have the same feel as last year.

This sucks. First of all, hope he doesn't get picked up and this is it for him. Fuck you for driving drunk.

But a few random thoughts... I'm always fascinated by contracts and stuff, and there was a time with Palmer in his "prime" - better than 2016 palmer anyway - where it felt like any dude off the street could be an amazing player for the Cards... They're looking into a disasterous situation at QB coming up with Palmer winning them too many games...I don't know how salary caps work when it comes to retired players, but assuming he's off the books after this year, but they'll have over around 58 million in cap room if that's the case. That's enough for Romo, plus maybe an offer for a couple of their other key FA's (Campbell, Mathis, Chandler Jones among others)

I think Kenneth Dixon's alright, his status as an every down back has yet to be seen but I don't see why they don't at least give him a chance, given Terrance West's recent struggles.

Baltimore was playing down from the beginning but not down enough for that 50+ Pass attempts fa sho.

Definitely true. If we can get Fournette (LOL, as if) it would be better, as I'm not seeing a pro bowl RB in Dixon yet. Seems solid but I'd still be okay taking one of the stud RB's in this class still.
Most disappointing thing about that game was watching the one against Miami, that uptempo offense was humming. (After thinking that I put that game more on that than anything else, as we've been facing some trash ass defenses all year and struggled to put up 20. Don't blame Miami)

He'll have fun trying to get another HC job.. Feuding with Eric Dickerson a Rams legend was probably not the smartest move to add more fuel to the hot seat he was on... I'd like to see the Rams pull Tommy Coughlin out of retirement.

Is it crazy that I know nothing of this Dickerson drama? I always avoid those stories, lol. Same with this Carr/Manziel thing. They feel like I'm reading a Randy Orton promo.
Haha, not a bad name though. Like Coughlin and all but I'd definitely look at a guy who's helped with QB's already...
Bill Musgrave is the first that comes to mind... he turned Carr into an MVP candidate...
There's the thought of Saints brass souring on Sean Payton, as he'll want to get out of that situation with Brees retiring...

Then I realized the perfect guy to go after. Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter... who turned Matthew Stafford from replacement-level to MVP-caliber...

Next coach HAS TO help develop Goff into being something besides the dog shit we've seen from the guy. Can't mess this up.

Also, why Les Snead (who was 50x the problem Fisher was) wasn't shown the door either should also be addressed. Need some people who can draft offense.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Next coach HAS TO help develop Goff into being something besides the dog shit we've seen from the guy. Can't mess this up.

They were saying Goff was the most NFL ready QB coming out of the draft.. he looks horrendous.. Possible biggest bust.. he's looking like a career back up at this point but I'll wait another season to make further judgment.. I can't really fairly judge anyone based off of a rookie season.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Source: Patriots claim WR Floyd after DUI arrest

Definitely an upgrade over Griff Whalen but damn of course it would be Billy boy to take a flier on this former #1 round talent.. hopefully Floyd can stay relatively clean from here on out.. Drunk driving is such a stupid offense to get pulled over for.. Driving is the last thing I ever want to do when I get wasted.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jared Goff has the worst scrambling mechanics I've seen in awhile.. I know he was bred a pocket passer but c'mon dude you gotta be able to throw at least 10 yards on the run decently accurate.. Thank god he's not my "franchise" QB.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Miscues really downed the Rams tonight.. they had plenty of chances to win.. Dropped passes galores, horrible reads.. The defense is so balling and keeps them in these games but in the end the offense just can't get their shit together and help out.. Goff and the offense has a lot of work to do if they want to compete even next season.. whomever the new HC is going to have to change something up here in this franchise to light the flame and ignite these boys.

Snowman1

Reaction score
In theory, I loved the Browns draft strategy. Get Corey Coleman and get a possible potent 1-2 punch at receiver with Josh Gordon Terrelle Pryor to go with Barnidge, two solid RB's, and a couple of linemen and you've got an offense to build around. Nab RG3 for minimum money to see what the guy has left, he can either be the answer or terrible enough to guarantee you a QB out of what was presumed to be a better class this year, go ahead and keep building the offense around the quality backup Kessler, then get your answer later on...

It's so much better than the Rams. Congrats on picking Goff, now he has literally ZERO talent around him... well I guess Rodger Saffold when he's healthy. Even Todd Gurley doesn't look good anymore.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm actually going to be cheering for the Patriots for the first time tomorrow lol

9-5 baby! #6 seed.. Denver loses tomorrow and it's going to look awfully bright!

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eagles just fed that one to the Ravens.. 26 to 27, 4 seconds to left.. we're playing for nothing.. they go for 2 and fail and Ravens win.. no OT.. lol I'm shocked by our play calling this year.. I really hope next season we come back with a better playbook and some receivers that can run their routes, put moves on defensive backs and catch the ball.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Ravens won and the Raiders are in the playoffs for the first time since 2002.

Good vibes in my house today :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Alright now we have to beat Buffalo, a Pittsburgh victory over Baltimore, and a Denver win over KC and we clinch a playoff berth =)

All of those are plausible. I'd say Denver over KC would be the toughest condition out of all of those two to have happen.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Go Buccaneers!

This game should be a good one.. hopefully Tampa's offense can kick into gear and the defense can just keep things rolling.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jameis Winston with a nice TD toss to Cameron Brate through a small window overhead of some Cowboys defenders.. Tampa looking good right now coming out of the half... currently up 20-17, let's see if they can keep it up and hand Cowboys a 2nd loss in a row.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Trying to be as unbiased as possible here and commend Peterson on that call. You're 5-8, who gives a damn, show some faith in your players to go out there and get it done. Put the ball in your hands of your rookie QB and tell him he's the man to either win or lose the game... And in the end it was just a good defensive play.

ok now to put on the sunglasses GET READY TO CLINCH THESE NUTS PITTSBURGH!!!!