2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Take all the sharp objects away from Kevin... Maxwell failed a physical and that traded could be voided. Also with the Mario Williams signing they're taking the transition tag off Olivier Vernon. What the hell is going on down there!?

Whatever team signs Arian is going to be very, very happy. Lamar Miller may stay home, too. Jags sign Chris Ivory and they're having a really good off season if these moves pan out.

Marvin Jones to Detroit yay

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I would be glad to get that trade voided lol. Maxwell is trash.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This WR market is brutal lmao. I love me some Marvin Jones, but him being the crown jewel of free agency at the position is nuts.

Travis Benjamin to SD lol. LATE BREAKING

Chris Long visiting Dallas. Hmm.

Dolphins officially rescinded the tag. Why? Now they just get no compensation when he leaves lol. Giants interested

Alex Mack to Atlanta will be helpful

McClain re-signs in Big D

Bengals going to re-sign Iloka. I like him a lot as a breakout player from this free agency class. Raiders interested in Weddle/Rashad Johnson instead..

Snowman1

Reaction score
Can reply more when I get off mobile, but just like with RFA's there's a gentleman's agreement to just not fuck with other team's transition tag players. So they were going to keep Vernon unless one team dared to topple this apple cart.

By Ozzie logic yay you got a compensatory pick as compensation!

Think why I'm so optimistic about Wedgie I guess, it's clear he has a plan. First it was to try to find young guys like Carr to build around while getting out of Al Davis contracts, now you do so much to build around the lines in FA and support those with draft picks at the skill positions, but when Mack or hopefully Weddle is available you do the smart thing instead.

Fun fact: 5 offensive lines got positive grades by PFF last year. Congrats on being one of them.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Lmao poor Browns. Wentz walking into Hartline as a #1 WR. Isn't Benjamin just a go-route guy anyway? Or is he more of a poor man's DeSean of sorts? Either way him stretching the field should do wonders for Keenan and Gates in SD, great signing.

Thought Chris Long only wanted to go to a contender? BOOM.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Didn't the Bills sign Clay from Miami last year when he was transition tagged?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Ravens talking to Mike Wallace, Kelvin Beachum, Bilal Powell. Hmmmm...

You are correct. My bad yo

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sean Smith market is said to be 12 mill, Raiders and 3 other teams in on the recruitment. I know SF is in as well.

Really really really hope we land him. He isn't as flashy as Janoris Jenkins, but he is the better, more consistent player IMO. 6'4 lockdown mode. He fits our scheme perfect. If we can land him and either Weddle or Rashad Johnson I'll be stoked with our secondary compared to last year.

Snowman1

Reaction score
It's official, the trade was finalized. Miami trades the #8 pick for Kiko Alonzo, Byron Maxwell, and the #13.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just from following KC though people will be pissed to lose Sean Smith. Him being the #1 corner completely changed the Chefs D, he's a quality cover guy and brought a different physicality to that whole secondary when he came back. Same with the OL Green.

Following KC sucks though. You say there's worse teams to write for, but very few this emotionless, ya know? Seriously for me the most interesting thing is Chase Daniel, who can go away so we can see what Tyler Bray can do in the NFL lol

Snowman1

Reaction score
Lamar Miller and Osweiler are now Texans!

D-Mart in Tampa is official

Jets sign Forte

Denver talking to RG3, Cowboys with Matt Moore