2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I know teams going HAM in free agency generally isn't the recipe for success.. but if we could get any combo of these players I would be thrilled:

Malik Jackson
Osemele
Sean Smith
Eric Weddle

Best part is they all seem interested. Eric Weddle is even dumb enough that he called us "contenders" in a round about way.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You already know I'm NO Chip fan at all, but if the 49ers had the ghost of Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick on their coaching staff, they'd get canned after 3 years with that roster lol.

If the plan is to rebuild Kaep or develop Goff you can do a whole lot worse than Chip. Otherwise you're just hiring a guy to fire him anyway, so Chip gets another NFL payday and if he fails nobody will hold it against him lol. Win/win in a weird way

I know teams going HAM in free agency generally isn't the recipe for success.. but if we could get any combo of these players I would be thrilled:

Malik Jackson
Osemele
Sean Smith
Eric Weddle

Best part is they all seem interested. Eric Weddle is even dumb enough that he called us "contenders" in a round about way.

Probably a stretch to say "contenders" but assuming you beef that defense up, where do you rank Oakland in a AFC power ranking at this point?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Comfortably behind KC and DEN in the division still.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Snow any info on this guy at G compared to T? Not sure if we plan on having him play RG or LT..

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
jesus christ wedgie.... paying Osemele top 5 OL money.. he HAS to be playing LT at that price

Snowman1

Reaction score
jesus christ wedgie.... paying Osemele top 5 OL money.. he HAS to be playing LT at that price

Don't know what they're paying him or what the salary structure is - assume they're frontloading the shit out of it like that stupid Saffold deal - but he allowed 1 sack and 10 hurries all year last year while dominating in the run game. Played very well the two years before that despite fighting a back injury. Sparked the super bowl run when they moved him to LG after being "fine" at RT as a rookie. Look, words. Lots of words and no info that matters, @Vice can tell you more.

Raiders talking to Doug Martin. Pacman deal imminent in Miami, congrats to Megatron, insert Autobots joke here. Ravens talking to Ben Watson, oh boy

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not super hyped about Osemele at this price. Now we either have an overpaid above average LT or a great but massively overpaid RG

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not super hyped about Osemele at this price. Now we either have an overpaid above average LT or a great but massively overpaid RG
Agreed honestly. Even though the sample size to assess Osemele's play at tackle in the NFL is limited, he hasn't shown anything to make it worth paying him so much. However, in no way do I think he'll be a liability, especially in the run game. The Raiders are doing very well in terms cap space aren't they? I don't believe that this was such a terrible decision when looking at the FA talent pool though. He's a top lineman and if he wasn't going to get paid in Oakland, he was gonna get paid somewhere else. Better for you guys that he gets it there I suppose.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just hope we find a real tackle and let him stay at his natural and dominant position

Snowman1

Reaction score
VICE. TWO YEARS EIGHT MIL FOR BEN WATSON. WHAT.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Random prediction: Donks will go into 2016 with Dak Prescott as their starting QB

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Raiders sign Bruce Irvin

Not sure on this one either... But I do think he played for Norton in SEA and Malcolm Smith has really worked out.. not sure he is an every down player, but our pass rush could be fierce. Still really hoping we keep Aldon Smith around even if he is suspended most of the season. Lock him up long term please.

Doug Martin is a rumor I can get behind. Still considered favorites for Sean Smith. Weddle is on the radar. If we land those 3 and hopefully keep Smith/Penn to keep Osemele at RG I'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Donks no longer talking to Bork apparently

D Mart likely staying put. Not sure who the Raiders find as a tandem back to Tavius now.. I'm hoping for Arian Foster.. if we can reduce his workload he could find a nice second wind in Oakland behind our hopefully forceful OL. Foster may be incredibly prone to injury, but the 'Xans never did him any favors.. He would come back from a soft tissue injury and they respond by having him tote 30 times his first game back. Keep him to 8-10 touches a game for the majority of the season and maybe unleash him come crunch time... I believe in Arian.

Cam Wake could be cut to make room for Oliver Vernon's new deal.

Still hoping for Smith/Weddle to improve our secondary

Janoris Jenkins to NYG