2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I'm down for dynasty, never did it before but it sounds cool as hell. Would definitely keep people interested i think.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pretty sure Martha Stewart (gn) up there said no, though. :okay:

Also Aids and I are both 50/50... I'll likely be in ofc

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh hell, you're right. I only skimmed her post lol. Okay so we're at a tentative 8? As I recall there are a few that still haven't voiced their opinions on the switch to a dynasty league. We might have to look for a handful of new players this year

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
OK so here is my rough draft of what a dynasty league could be like. It would involve keeping ~90% of your roster year to year, oversized rosters, a rookie/free agent draft with picks that could be used in trades in season and most importantly no kickers.

10-12 players, depending on how many are willing to make a multi-year commitment. I don't think this will be an issue because even as more and more of us are on this site less and less, the fantasy football thing seems to be alive every year, even somehow, without me last season :obama:

So we would have a draft. likely between 22 & 25 rounds, that would be incredibly deep. We would probably start fairly soon and do it on the board to ensure everyone has plenty of time to research everything they would need to. In-draft trading would be allowed and encouraged. The fun of this is you aren't just building a roster to compete in 2016, you are building a roster that you will keep as long as this league is around. You have to weigh the pros of a win-now player as opposed to the long-term benefits of drafting a younger player who may not produce in 2016 but could be a stud in 2018.

You won't keep 100% of your roster from year to year, but I think we will probably have 19 or 20 keepers depending on the roster size. This will allow teams to keep their roster in tact for the majority, but some veterans will have to be cut. The players who are cut, along with all available free agents after the season as well as the rookie class will be put into a pool for the rookie/free agent draft. The draft order will be determined similarly to the NFL draft, with the worst teams getting the highest picks. We could have the rookie and FA draft as two separate entities, but that is up for discussion.

I'll continue to iron out details if everyone is down to do something a little different with this league

Snowman1

Reaction score
22-25 rounds!? Do you not realize how much of a disaster that will be!?

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
to be fair i loved my dynasty league till it folded this year so many more trade explorations about, so much more thinking involved, guess it all boils down to roster size and number of keepers, and shit yeah no kickers

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
22-25 rounds!? Do you not realize how much of a disaster that will be!?
How so? In terms of who is being selected? We've whipped through 16 round board drafts in a matter of days lol

like I said I've been in a dynasty league before so I'm well aware of the crap that will be on the very end of everyone's bench. It makes finding a diamond in the rough 1000X more satisfying and makes trading so much more crucial because the waiver wire will be essentially nothing.

Snowman1

Reaction score
We have? Maybe it's a selective memory but I just remember being tagged 20 times for taking 23 hours to make a round 4 pick + waiting on DK James and Aids (which was more funny than annoying tbh)

Great for us who know how hot of a sleeper Tajae Sharpe is :)

Reactions: DK JAMES

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I remember the first board draft taking like 2 weeks tops

Snowman1

Reaction score
Is it just me or, doing playoff predictions, there's more NFL parity than ever? Browns, Titans, likely the Jets and Phins (Kev sees this as motivation) as well are the only AFC teams I can't imagine making the playoffs. Jags and Raiders scare me because of all the press clippings though. NFC North is a total cluster too although yeah Pottsy put it best. "Bears are closer to being less shit"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Official Dynasty League Sign Ups:
1.) Dolph'sZiggler
2.) @Senhor Perfect

I'm too lazy to backtrack so sign up now. 10 or 12 teams. We'll start drafting once we get the users and rules set.