2016 NFL offseason thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I wasn't really out last year I just wasn't really around and got left out. I'm down to run a league this year or just participate

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
8 spots filled. We going 12 man league again?
@Snowman and D'Z can figure out league management duties

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is there anything we can do to differentiate this league from other fantasy leagues or to spice things up? Let's get wild. Oversized roster? Make this a dynasty league? Let's do something crazy

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Is there anything we can do to differentiate this league from other fantasy leagues or to spice things up? Let's get wild. Oversized roster? Make this a dynasty league? Let's do something crazy
Just a few interesting ideas I found after digging a tad bit
  • Use decimal scoring
  • Every team drafts a player for the preseason. Highest point total gets first pick, second-highest gets second pick, and so on.
  • During the season itself, why not reward teams with high point totals? How annoying is it to be the Jennifer Aniston of your league? You put up a ton of points, only to get beaten by the hottest team that particular week. How about playing for two wins every week. In a 12-team league, you get a win if you beat your opponent, and the top six point totals also get a win. Thus, every week you can go 2-0, 1-1 or 0-2. (Suggested on ESPN format. Not sure if it's possible on other sites, it's been a while since I've GM'd)
  • The weekly high scorer gets to rename and re-logo the lowest-scoring team that week. The name sticks until the conclusion of the following week.
  • Draft a head coach for your squad: Do you want to get even more creative with new positions? Make head coaches available to be drafted. It would be pretty simple to track, as commissioners can decide how many points to award for a coach that wins their game and how many to deduct if they lose.
  • H2H winners can acquire any player from the loser: The stakes are already high with only a few precious weeks to put together a record good enough to qualify for the playoffs. However, this will up the ante … a ton. It’s pretty simple. If you win your H2H matchup, you’re allowed to trade any player on your roster for any player on your opponent’s. Yes, that means you can trade your worst bench player for Calvin Johnson if the opportunity presents itself. Talk about motivation to win every week! (This one's a bit interesting but if you lose 2-3 matchups in a row, you're screwed for the season just about)
  • Allow public counteroffers during trade veto window: Here’s another common situation we’ve all dealt with. A trade is agreed upon that includes a player or two you’d love to have, and you would’ve offered more to land them than the proposed package. Instead of having that annoying two-day window exist for fantasy owners to object to the deal, you can publicly counteroffer for any of the players involved, potentially starting a bidding war.
    Even if you don’t want any of the players, this could strategically make one of the original trade partners overpay, possibly benefiting you in the end.
  • Give higher seeds “home-field advantage” throughout playoffs: What’s the reward for having the best record in your fantasy league by the end of the regular season? A top-seed. That’s great for bragging rights, but having a bye can sometimes be a disadvantage, and it’s definitely boring. How can you meet in the middle? Giving the top two seeds “home-field advantage” with an extra five points per game throughout the playoffs — except for the championship, though.
These are all the decent ones I found after a quick google search

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The weekly high scorer renaming the weekly low scorer one is a must!!!

Can't have Nero in the league though

Reactions: DK JAMES

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Anyone for a keeper league or dynasty league?

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I'm not particularly a fan of a dynasty league to be completely honest, but it's not something I would leave over.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This will be year 4 with largely the same group. If we can get 10 dedicated to a dynasty we can have a 20 man roster and get in depth. Adds another layer to strategy when looking further than one season. Then you have the fun of a rookie draft in the offseason. If you guys want I'll start working out the details. I was in one years ago and loved it. Much more strategic than one year at a time

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This will be year 4 with largely the same group. If we can get 10 dedicated to a dynasty we can have a 20 man roster and get in depth. Adds another layer to strategy when looking further than one season. Then you have the fun of a rookie draft in the offseason. If you guys want I'll start working out the details. I was in one years ago and loved it. Much more strategic than one year at a time
We got 9 bodies so far. 10 if @Aids Johnson decides to make it a party