2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
just did a quick mock, should do some responses in a few but here's this slapped together 10 teamer with no plan going in. picked 4th

1: Le'Veon Bell
2: Calvin Johnson
3: C.J. Anderson
4: DeAndre Hopkins
5: Jordan Mathews
6: Greg Olsen
7: Matthew Stafford
8: LeGarrette Blount
9: Charles Johnson
10: Victor Cruz
11: Allen Robinson
12: Bishop Sankey
13: Tre Mason
K/D

Was surprised by the RB's still available round 4. Lamar Miller, Jonathan Stewart, Frank Gore, and Latavius Murray were all there

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Murray has no guaranteed role tbh.

Is Mason the starter in STL until Gurley gets healthy? Could be a major steal if Gurley doesn't get back ASAP. I've heard week 6-8 at the absolute earliest for him. If they are sucking and he has a setback I could easily see them just shutting him down.

Cobb has to wind up as the guy for the Tits, right? Sankey looked like a warmed over turd as a rook

Snowman1

Reaction score
Murray has no guaranteed role tbh.

That's true, sadly

Is Mason the starter in STL until Gurley gets healthy? Could be a major steal if Gurley doesn't get back ASAP. I've heard week 6-8 at the absolute earliest for him. If they are sucking and he has a setback I could easily see them just shutting him down.

Cobb has to wind up as the guy for the Tits, right? Sankey looked like a warmed over turd as a rook

Yep, he is! Like Mason a lot but they couldn't pass up a talent like Gurley. I've heard that he's been progressing faster and may actually be ready to start the season. :blackshock:

As you say, this is way too early for fantasy drafts lol. With us not knowing about Gurley's status, I needed someone to be a starting RB at first since Blount and Bell are both suspended lol. Only reason I drafted Stankey was to have a starting running back if Gurley's healthy. Otherwise I'd definitely just grab a second QB there or Crowell

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I got very bored this afternoon waiting for this BBQ to start so I did a mock myself.. 10 Man Standard Snake, #8 pick is where I'm at..

#1) Matt Forte
#2) DeMarco Murray
#3) Emmanuel Sanders
#4) Melvin Gordon (Was gonna take Jimmy Graham or Kelvin Benjamin but they got taken right before)
#5) DeSean Jackson
#6) Keenan Allen
#7) Joseph Randle
#8) Matt Ryan
#9) Tre Mason
#10) Torrey Smith
#11) Seahawks D/ST (I highly doubt they go here as opposed to 8 or 9 but sure)
#12) Zach Ertz
#13) Matt Stafford
#14) David Cobb
#15) Josh Hill
--- Insert Obligatory Best Kicker Left over Here at #16 --

I wouldn't be upset at all if my team ended up looking like this.. a couple picks I would like to have redone maybe after knowing what was left in the next round but hey.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
10/10 for the Berkeley swag duo of Keenan and DeSean

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Peterson still wants to be traded and his agent says he may hold out.

Wonder if he wants out of Minny bad enough to work on a restructured contract with a potential new team? If so, Dallas makes tooooo much sense, I know I am a broken record with that at this point.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ray McDonald arrested again for Domestic Violence.. 3rd time in what like the last year he's been in trouble for violence/issues against a woman.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I got very bored this afternoon waiting for this BBQ to start so I did a mock myself.. 10 Man Standard Snake, #8 pick is where I'm at..

#1) Matt Forte
#2) DeMarco Murray
#3) Emmanuel Sanders
#4) Melvin Gordon (Was gonna take Jimmy Graham or Kelvin Benjamin but they got taken right before)
#5) DeSean Jackson
#6) Keenan Allen
#7) Joseph Randle
#8) Matt Ryan
#9) Tre Mason
#10) Torrey Smith
#11) Seahawks D/ST (I highly doubt they go here as opposed to 8 or 9 but sure)
#12) Zach Ertz
#13) Matt Stafford
#14) David Cobb
#15) Josh Hill
--- Insert Obligatory Best Kicker Left over Here at #16 --

I wouldn't be upset at all if my team ended up looking like this.. a couple picks I would like to have redone maybe after knowing what was left in the next round but hey.

That is really really REALLY good. But it's amazing how much different your mock looks based on where you draft.

Ray McDonald arrested for DV again, so no playoff coverage on Sportscenter tonight. No bueno

Snowman1

Reaction score
I think everything looks tasty in May. As we get closer, some of these guys will start to slip down boards. Foster tweeks his hammy in training camp and scares people away. DeMarco is revealed to have a 15 touch per game target while Chp wants to get a lot of players involved on offense. Beast Mode decides to retire two weeks before the preseason starts.

The top 5 will materialize into a majority opinion like always. I think Bell & Lacy are the no brainers pending health. Peterson can easily become a lock at #3 once the dust settles on his situation. I love Shady in Buffalo and they are already talking him up, I know Rex would be content to ride Shady all game every game. #5 could be anyone you mentioned... Charles always has #1 fantasy player potential if healthy, and with the addition of Maclin I think the Chiefs offense should be better than it was a year ago. So those are my 5.

Touching on the players you named...

I don't like to knock guys for injury concerns because they are so damn random, but Foster is pretty much a lock to miss a few games no matter what. That, along with having a weak QB situation, puts him a notch below the top 5.

Very very true. Nobody would be surprised if Shady tears his ACL week 2 and that guy's been hella durable, but Foster's been reliably out 3-4 games a year and you have many mornings just staring at your lineup scrambling for a backup because he's a game time decision and... Awesome production but comes with headaches. Probably better in that Yahoo league I mocked in with 2 RB/3 WR/0 Flex where RB's were dropping like crazy

Beast Mode... I underrate him every season in fantasy even though he is one of my favorite players... ironic, no? I constantly devalue him in my mind for PPR formats because he doesn't get catches, but he is a touchdown machine. Absolutely has a case to be top 5 and could easily wind up there by the time the shakeout is down leading to draft season in August

Damn ironic! Yeah he's just debatable. I'd take him over McCoy, but it's so close that it doesn't matter

Matt Forte is never a sexy pick on draft day but in this instance I think he is fairly rated... He is Mr. Consistent... draft him in the 2nd half of the first round and enjoy. The question will become at what point in the first round do you break up the RB circle jerk to grab Gronk/Rodgers/Luck/Dez. Personally I think Dez could be an absolute fucking monster 2015

Not sure how many receptions he's had... feels like a lot, but 1,817 career carries. that screams stay away target for me, right @A.M.F ? otherwise the most unsexy, quality pic imaginable. Like GN82 taking Roddy White.

Jeremy Hill is cool but the two headed backfield is scary. Gio is still going to be involved in the offense, but I am a Hue Jackson believer. He will be a solid R2 pick that will be a great foundation for a team

Definitely agreed, and after Hill ran away with that spot Gio could do little to get it back. He's a stud and Hue knows it, but how often do we project guys to run away with the job just to deal with timeshare bullshit later on?

DeMarco is a definite 10+ TD candidate in Philly and should have a nice season... problem could be defenses focusing in on him as the offense around him is going to be really inexperienced and he also could deal with a season of QB ineptitude depending on how Bradford looks in the system or Sanchez doing Sanchez things

Yeah, true. Not having a sure-fire double coverage guy will hurt too, and we saw how Shady did last year against more stacked boxes

Forsett.... just can't see it. Don't think he will ever be a full time feature workhorse like some of these other guys.

Don't see why not lol, there might be a little bit of Taliaferro or Allen like there was Pierce last year but Forsett was so much better than everyone else.

how about Ingram with NO committing to the ground game? 10 TD, 1000 yard lock? Limited catches might cap potential, but he should be a top 10 back

Excellent point! New Orleans looks like they're going to Rex Ryan levels of ground and pound. A timeshare with Spiller is worrysome, though.

Melvin Gordon in SD? could be money

Sure, and he's available in Round 4!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
ESPN MOCK
10 TEAM
MY NAME'S DOLPH'S AND I'M A FANTASY ADDICT
PICK 5

ROUND 1: 1.) Lacy 2.) Charles 3.) Foster 4.) Peterson so I'm like Leveon Bell doe. People really scared by those 2 games he will miss, I think that changes as we get closer to draft time
10 of the first 12 picks are RB, Dez/Antonio. Luck first QB goes at 17... but when I see..
ROUND 2: GRONK on the board in round 2, it is a no brainer. That's the pick.
Run on WRs goes here. Dez/Brown/ODB/Jordy/DeMaryious/Julio/Calvin/AJ/TY
Round 3: So to get my WR1 before they all gone I grab Alshon, who should be in line for a huge season w/ B Marsh gone. Almost went Ingram and then..
another RB run. Ingram/Miller/Stewart/Gordon fly off the board leaving my RB 2 hungry
Round 4: My reaction is naturally to say FUCK RBs and go WR. I decide between two sophomores, and Cooks edges out Benjamin for some reason. Love his PPR ceiling, but love both guys. Also note Russ/Peyton were both still available as the 3/4 QBs, they are hanging around a lot longer than the top two at this point. ([HASHTAG]#value[/HASHTAG]?)
Round 5: Andre Ellington- I know he disappointed some last season, but he has crazy value in PPr leagues as a RB2 in the 5th. Some tempting WR talent like the Cal boys DeSwag/Keenan, Slammy Watkins, ect... and other RBs were like Yeldon/Gurly.. Ellington was a fairly easy choice for me to fill out my starting 5 skilled positions
Round6: TJ Yeldon. To be the man... you've got to... be, the.. man? Or something like that. TJ Yeldon is the man in JAX at least. I haven't researched his situation much at all, but with D Rob still in the mix this probably isn't a pick I make come actual drafts. Rashad Jennings, Gio, Blount among others still available. I go RB in the 6th w/ Bell on my team missing games, otherwise probably BPA
Round 7: Rashad Jennings- my shittiest pick, I couldn't remember if they added anyone, and they did, Vereen. Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shoulda went QB or WR here
Round 8: Tom Brady- suspension = value. He likely produces like a top 5 QB on a per-game basis.
Round 9: Nelson Aghlor- Am I super stoked about this pick? Not really, can't even spell the dude's name. Still, WR isn't as deep looking to me yet as it normally is, so I sort of panicked. I'm sure as things unfold WR will look as deep as it always does
Round 10: Charles Sims- sort of sucked as a rookie, still probably the inside track to leading the TB backfield over martin. Was going to go backup QB here, but had FIVE guys who all looked solid, decided to wait
Round 11; Sam Bradford- thats why we waited. Still had Staff and Cap on the board
ROund 12 Victor Cruz- idk, name value
Round 13 Pierre Garcon- name value, bounceback candidate
ROund 14 another player, idk, it was really ugly at this point

so, yea, that's a mock

Snowman1

Reaction score
He needs to get over himself. Why's he so butthurt that the Vikes didn't want to stand behind him when he was facing child abuse charges? What did he expect?