2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
you asked for 5. you mentioning my 6-10 backs doesn't change anything

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jimmy Graham takes a bit of potential away from Marshawn Lynch's chances to score from 5-10 yards out IMO. Forsett is a guy I have A LOT of trouble trusting as a RB1.. CJ Anderson is unproven and I'll go ahead and throw Jeremy Hill in that category two.. HOWEVER I would accept both as my RB2 if need be.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
3 straight seasons of improvement despite being the most sacked QB in the league. They now have a somewhat decent OL protecting him and a killer defense to keep the other team from getting the comeback victories easily, which is the only reason we didn't make the playoffs the past 2 years.

He's the best QB we've had since Marino.

IMHO he deserves this and I am happy to see him sticking around, it only means brighter days are ahead for the Dolphins.

[HASHTAG]#Phinsup[/HASHTAG]
We really need a mark smiley.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It'll be the Packers logo with the words "I'm gay" above it. I'm sure you can picture that. I'm not changing my avatar or sig until Sept... So if you agree then we go Sept. 1st to Oct. 1st.
Your sig and avatar are posters from your careers HR office. Why not until Sept? You can be a gay Marlins fan if you want, I won't judge.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Are you sure about these guys though? Lacy goes through cold stretches (lame reason I know), Andy Reid sometimes doesn't give Charles nearly enough touches, McCoy has little TD potential with Cassel at QB, and AP has question marks all over the place.

[HASHTAG]#DevilsAdvocate[/HASHTAG]

Why them over a guy in C.J. Anderson who you can argue has a 2013 Knowshon Moreno floor? Why them over Beast Mode or Matt Forte who are always great? Why them over Jeremy Hill's stud self? Why not Arian who's the most guaranteed producer when healthy? Hell, why can't Demarco have another great season? And call me a homer, but Forsett top 5? I can see it
I think everything looks tasty in May. As we get closer, some of these guys will start to slip down boards. Foster tweeks his hammy in training camp and scares people away. DeMarco is revealed to have a 15 touch per game target while Chp wants to get a lot of players involved on offense. Beast Mode decides to retire two weeks before the preseason starts.

The top 5 will materialize into a majority opinion like always. I think Bell & Lacy are the no brainers pending health. Peterson can easily become a lock at #3 once the dust settles on his situation. I love Shady in Buffalo and they are already talking him up, I know Rex would be content to ride Shady all game every game. #5 could be anyone you mentioned... Charles always has #1 fantasy player potential if healthy, and with the addition of Maclin I think the Chiefs offense should be better than it was a year ago. So those are my 5.

Touching on the players you named...

I don't like to knock guys for injury concerns because they are so damn random, but Foster is pretty much a lock to miss a few games no matter what. That, along with having a weak QB situation, puts him a notch below the top 5.

Beast Mode... I underrate him every season in fantasy even though he is one of my favorite players... ironic, no? I constantly devalue him in my mind for PPR formats because he doesn't get catches, but he is a touchdown machine. Absolutely has a case to be top 5 and could easily wind up there by the time the shakeout is down leading to draft season in August

Matt Forte is never a sexy pick on draft day but in this instance I think he is fairly rated... He is Mr. Consistent... draft him in the 2nd half of the first round and enjoy. The question will become at what point in the first round do you break up the RB circle jerk to grab Gronk/Rodgers/Luck/Dez. Personally I think Dez could be an absolute fucking monster 2015

Jeremy Hill is cool but the two headed backfield is scary. Gio is still going to be involved in the offense, but I am a Hue Jackson believer. He will be a solid R2 pick that will be a great foundation for a team

DeMarco is a definite 10+ TD candidate in Philly and should have a nice season... problem could be defenses focusing in on him as the offense around him is going to be really inexperienced and he also could deal with a season of QB ineptitude depending on how Bradford looks in the system or Sanchez doing Sanchez things

Forsett.... just can't see it. Don't think he will ever be a full time feature workhorse like some of these other guys.

how about Ingram with NO committing to the ground game? 10 TD, 1000 yard lock? Limited catches might cap potential, but he should be a top 10 back

Melvin Gordon in SD? could be money

yet another year where you go into a draft thinking "RB is deep" but them come round 4 you are like fuck no Rbs left

Reactions: Snowman1