2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
weaaaaaaak.

Worst part of this is that both of them are made of glass, and you may have to draft both for fantasy to handcuff each other... and may win a league doing that. :downer:

SKILL!

Snowman1

Reaction score
damn Andy Lee must have pissed in someone's Kool Aid over there

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
damn Andy Lee must have pissed in someone's Kool Aid over there
You hear about Anthony Davis retiring? I remember you had that SF offseason disaster list, just add to it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I know I wanted Leo Williams, but I love what I've heard from OTAs concerning Cooper. No shock, but the dude is the real deal. Soaks up the offense like a sponge, ace route running, lethal after the catch... seeing Marvin Harrison/Torry Holt comparisons.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty crazy when you see it... :O

Lets see here, just off the top of my head

-Baalke and Harbaugh can't get along, so they axe Harbaugh. Worked well with Jimmy Johnson, right? And why Tomsula?
-Star players like Kaepernick and Crabtree regress mightily, while Vernon Davis is the new gold standard for not caring at all. All of a sudden it's hard to be sure what you're building around
-Chris Borland retires due to concerns about head injuries... Patrick Willis retires, Justin Smith too, now Anthony Davis...
-Didn't Aldon Smith get arrested again? Speaking of arrests, so much for having any corners. Peace, Perrish.
-Expecting Glenn Dorsey and old ass Darnell Dockett to revamp the DL... I'll give them a break on the Torrey deal since they tried to improve their offense... well... that's almost shot with Iupati being gone too
-They pull off another massive reach in the 1st round, a move that's worked out for them oh-so-well in the past with such stars as A.J. Jenkins and Jimmie Ward
-Drafting a safety in the second despite drafting a safety in the first the last 2 years and having Antoine Bethea, who somehow had his best season last year
-They trade a Pro Bowl punter for a seventh rounder after drafting a punter in the 5th

There's gotta be something going on behind the scenes. Is Jed York or Trent Baalke or someone really pissing all these guys off and running them off?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty crazy when you see it... :O

Lets see here, just off the top of my head

-Baalke and Harbaugh can't get along, so they axe Harbaugh. Worked well with Jimmy Johnson, right? And why Tomsula?
-Star players like Kaepernick and Crabtree regress mightily, while Vernon Davis is the new gold standard for not caring at all. All of a sudden it's hard to be sure what you're building around
-Chris Borland retires due to concerns about head injuries... Patrick Willis retires, Justin Smith too, now Anthony Davis...
-Didn't Aldon Smith get arrested again? Speaking of arrests, so much for having any corners. Peace, Perrish.
-Expecting Glenn Dorsey and old ass Darnell Dockett to revamp the DL... I'll give them a break on the Torrey deal since they tried to improve their offense... well... that's almost shot with Iupati being gone too
-They pull off another massive reach in the 1st round, a move that's worked out for them oh-so-well in the past with such stars as A.J. Jenkins and Jimmie Ward
-Drafting a safety in the second despite drafting a safety in the first the last 2 years and having Antoine Bethea, who somehow had his best season last year
-They trade a Pro Bowl punter for a seventh rounder after drafting a punter in the 5th

There's gotta be something going on behind the scenes. Is Jed York or Trent Baalke or someone really pissing all these guys off and running them off?
Jed York is a fucking moron. He is the main reason Harbaugh is gone

Snowman1

Reaction score
Brandon Spikes released from the Pats after his car was found abandoned with front-end damage.

Damn, are NFL GM's just watching ESPN and waiting for them to tell them when to release people? Maybe it was always this way but this is getting beyond ridiculous

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Brandon Spikes released from the Pats after his car was found abandoned with front-end damage.

Damn, are NFL GM's just watching ESPN and waiting for them to tell them when to release people? Maybe it was always this way but this is getting beyond ridiculous
Seems to be more of a New England/Baltimore thing to cut a guy the second he is in trouble. I would take Spikes as an early down run stuffer. Our LB rotation is a joke besides that one guy on our team who looks like a football player

Snowman1

Reaction score
Seems to be more of a New England/Baltimore thing to cut a guy the second he is in trouble. I would take Spikes as an early down run stuffer. Our LB rotation is a joke besides that one guy on our team who looks like a football player

dick. Noooo, I'm no fan of them top rope Angle Slams, k?....... just the regular ones :gusta:

anyway, I recall Miles Burris being rated the worst MLB in the league last year, didn't y'all not do anything to replace him? Seems like a no-brainer

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
dick. Noooo, I'm no fan of them top rope Angle Slams, k?....... just the regular ones :gusta:

anyway, I recall Miles Burris being rated the worst MLB in the league last year, didn't y'all not do anything to replace him? Seems like a no-brainer
They signed Curtis Lofton, who was just regular bad last season instead of super bad. And now that makes one future superstar and one almost-NFL caliber linebacker of the bunch. The rest is pretty trashy

edit: Forgot they signed Malcolm Smith for depth. He is.... depth.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Trying to think which Baltimore players were cut that way, lots of depth guys and Bernard Pierce's scrub ass.

Lots of random things I see on Rotoworld interest me but not sure which are worth posting... for example, it's apparently Storm Johnson vs Pierce for the final RB spot in Jacksonville. eww. man if Shoelace gets hurt again they're screwed for depth

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wait, did they cut Gerhart? He seems like a great 3rd stringer, but I guess he would have been a little pricey (like it matters in JAX's case)