2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wait, did they cut Gerhart? He seems like a great 3rd stringer, but I guess he would have been a little pricey (like it matters in JAX's case)

Nah, they're keeping him, along with Shoelace, Yeldon, and one of these two bums. They're saying Gerhart's looking good in OTA's as he recovers from "an ankle injury he played through last year". Mmmhmm, I bet

Snowman1

Reaction score
if the Bears sign a former Pro Bowl corner (Tracy Porter) and nobody cares, does it really happen?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty crazy when you see it... :O

Lets see here, just off the top of my head

-Baalke and Harbaugh can't get along, so they axe Harbaugh. Worked well with Jimmy Johnson, right? And why Tomsula?
-Star players like Kaepernick and Crabtree regress mightily, while Vernon Davis is the new gold standard for not caring at all. All of a sudden it's hard to be sure what you're building around
-Chris Borland retires due to concerns about head injuries... Patrick Willis retires, Justin Smith too, now Anthony Davis...
-Didn't Aldon Smith get arrested again? Speaking of arrests, so much for having any corners. Peace, Perrish.
-Expecting Glenn Dorsey and old ass Darnell Dockett to revamp the DL... I'll give them a break on the Torrey deal since they tried to improve their offense... well... that's almost shot with Iupati being gone too
-They pull off another massive reach in the 1st round, a move that's worked out for them oh-so-well in the past with such stars as A.J. Jenkins and Jimmie Ward
-Drafting a safety in the second despite drafting a safety in the first the last 2 years and having Antoine Bethea, who somehow had his best season last year
-They trade a Pro Bowl punter for a seventh rounder after drafting a punter in the 5th

There's gotta be something going on behind the scenes. Is Jed York or Trent Baalke or someone really pissing all these guys off and running them off?

Snowman1

Reaction score
wish I coudl go back in time just to tell you how Wedgie would get this shit running so well, you'd be the best run team in the Bay Area

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
wish I coudl go back in time just to tell you how Wedgie would get this shit running so well, you'd be the best run team in the Bay Area
giphy.gif

Snowman1

Reaction score

During a visit to Raiders camp, a team source told ESPN's Adam Caplan that Latavius Murray "has a chance at a huge year" in new OC Bill Musgrave's system.

Musgrave has overseen prolific power rushing attacks, having coached Adrian Peterson in Minnesota, Michael Turner in Atlanta, and Fred Taylor in Jacksonville. "(Murray) has a chance at a huge year in this system," said the source. "Because he is smart, physically a freak." Last year's coaching staff reportedly believed Murray improved as a pass blocker, but Caplan says Latavius "needs to improve on inside runs" by being more decisive, and the Raiders' 2014 hesitance to play Murray was due to inconsistent practice performance. Murray only has to hold off career third-down back Roy Helu and colossal draft bust Trent Richardson to be the Raiders' feature runner.

First of all: Lol @ giving Bill Musgrave credit for stuff like this. Oooh Adrian Peterson had a good year under him! Next John Madden right here! :yay:

But if he's seemingly indecisive that is an issue. Not as big an issue as "being Trent Richardson", but good luck coaching the kid up

Snowman1

Reaction score
@Vice sounds like the Ravens receivers have really been tearing it up in OTA's... Idk. I liked what Kamar Aiken did last year a lot and don't mind him starting. Love the Aldrick Robinson signing, too. Perriman hasn't dropped a pass - thank goodness - and with Marlon Brown should step up as the redzone target we desperately need... Darren Waller is showing himself to be a real gem who never got a chance... Carter could be the kick returner we've needed (or Perriman) and all of a sudden we can't keep all these guys. :okay:

What have you been hearing over there?

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Vice sounds like the Ravens receivers have really been tearing it up in OTA's... Idk. I liked what Kamar Aiken did last year a lot and don't mind him starting. Love the Aldrick Robinson signing, too. Perriman hasn't dropped a pass - thank goodness - and with Marlon Brown should step up as the redzone target we desperately need... Darren Waller is showing himself to be a real gem who never got a chance... Carter could be the kick returner we've needed (or Perriman) and all of a sudden we can't keep all these guys. :okay:

What have you been hearing over there?
As for the pass catchers, I've heard really good things about our receivers. Seems like Kamar Aiken is actually pulling ahead as the #2 WR from reports I've read. However the players still haven't put on pads and started hitting, so I don't like to draw any judgments until they do. So far so good though for the most part.
If I had to find some negatives, it would be that Maxx Williams hasn't been catching many passes. Reports say that he simply isn't being targeted many times and that's been credited to him learning a new scheme from Minnesota and still getting over that learning curve.
Oh, and Matt Fucking Schaub. The dude has thrown 4 picks since OTAs began, and his passes are inconsistent and often errant. If *God Forbid* Flacco were to go down for more than a game, we should expect to lose if we can't pound the ball running.

Reactions: Snowman1