2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
random fantasy updates from Rotoworld

-Bilal Powell expected to be the #2 RB in New York (granted with Ridley not practicing) and expected to handle passing downs. With like 18 running backs on the roster the Jets seem so unreliable...
-Peyton Manning apparently won't be traded. No, really.
-Rod Streater looking "much more explosive" in Oakland as the #3, with Andre Holmes and Kenbrell battling it out for #4. If you combine both of them you'd have a good receiver!
-Fred Jackson is on the roster bubble
-Terrelle Pryor trying to make it as a WR in Cleveland. Why not start him over Hartline?
-Open competition between Bradford and Sanchez in Philly. With Chip Kelly who knows if that's just lip service or not
-Jaguars talking up Julius Thomas and Allen Robinson... Dammit, Jacksonville, stop doing that!
-Andre Williams is on the roster bubble. No, really.
-Starting RB in Dallas is "Joseph Randle's to lose". Going in round 4 in mocks now, I'd take a chance
-Atlanta can't decide which RB to start
-Tampa wants to move Vincent Jackson to the slot, maybe there he won't ruin Vice's fantasy team again
-Doug Martin having his best offseason ever and has beat out Charles Sims. Good for him.
-Matt Cassel has been "by far" the worst QB in Bills practices. Apparently odds are that he keeps the job. Why? I'd take EJ all day
-The Bears have "big plans" for Eddie Royal. After all the highly-drafted Bears last year so many of these guys are just looking bleh. John Fox hates rookies and feature backs
-Lions "priority UDFA" RB Zach Zenner apparently isn't that good, almost like he was a UDFA or something
-Eifert and Marvin Jones both looking very healthy and really good
-Tre Mason slimming down and trying to make an impact
-Panthers are encouraging Cam Newton to keep running with the football.. YES!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Andre Williams came in with a surprising amount of hype, and genuinely looked like one of the worst RBs I've ever seen in the league lol.

Joseph Randle will be a 2 or 3 round pick by August

Freeman will start in ATL

Fuck Doug Martin

Marvin Jones needs to come back healthy, love his game

Snowman1

Reaction score
Andre Williams came in with a surprising amount of hype, and genuinely looked like one of the worst RBs I've ever seen in the league lol.

Joseph Randle will be a 2 or 3 round pick by August

Freeman will start in ATL

Fuck Doug Martin

Marvin Jones needs to come back healthy, love his game

Someone pointed out that Martin might wind up being this year's Ingram, with the contract year motivating him, you buying it?

It's a shame Marvin's in Cincy. The guy could be such a baller on most other teams

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think you will recall how high I was on Ingram last year. He always had talent as a runner.

Martin is just a piece of shit. Maybe it is Tampa's run game in general, but Martin just doesn't look good running the football. He is almost literally a one game wonder in his career.

Snowman1

Reaction score
That is the other part lol, as well as he did in his rookie year the guy has just been a bad football player, and I'm trying to not buy into this offseason hype crap this year, and just use our brains.

BUT WE NEED TO DISCUSS THINGS! DISCUSSION WOOO

srsly he's going in the 8th round, he MAY be worth a flier there, but he'll creep up the the 6th before draft day at this rate. No bueno

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds like Trent Richardson from last offseason.

"Yea, we all know he sucks, but he is going really late and he is going to start!!!!!!!"

Here ya go Doug, your claim to fame, along with your incredible nickname.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Rookie year Martin looked good though, Trent Richardson bummed it up from day 1 outside of lucking into goal-lines

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rookie year Martin looked good though, Trent Richardson bummed it up from day 1 outside of lucking into goal-lines
Go put on some Doug Martin rookie highlights and tell me how "good" he actually looked.

Much like T Rich, he was a useful FANTASY CONTRIBUTOR as a rookie, and that is it. And honestly outside of the huge Raiders game based on the two runs (not impressive at all) I showed above, he wasn't eve crushing that hard as a rookie.

I remember hearing a lot of Ray Rice comparisons, and he runs like old man Ray Rice. I need a side by side, the resemblance is uncanny.

Snowman1

Reaction score

He shows good burst, but that's all I can really tell from this video. Most of his broken tackles are more shitty tackles from the defenders

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
methinks I won't be targeting too many Bucs this year

Snowman1

Reaction score
What about Mike Evans (mid-round 3)?

Too TD-dependent last year but obviously that doesn't matter

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
So many WR I would take over him at that point in a draft

Snowman1

Reaction score
according to Fantasy Football Calculator, guys right ahead of him (2.7 through 3.4): Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, T.Y. Hilton

That's so insanely overvalued. It's unreal. Mike Evans being at the same ADP as Hilton and anywhere near the Packers is embarassing.

then right behind him (3.8 through 4.5)
Emmanuel Sanders, DeAndre Hopkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks, Andre Johnson, Jordan Matthews

Obviously I like Sanders better but the rest seems like a crapshoot (even though you know my love for Matthews). Andre's gotta fall lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Benjamin is the other sophomore WR I probably look to avoid. Heard he has a lackadaisical attitude and showed up to camp fat as fuck. Cooks/ODB/Matthews won't be avoided tho