2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just not a huge need for the Raiders. I like DeMarco fine, but I was mostly high on him for fantasy purposes. Do I really think he has a great chance of maintaining a healthy career after getting paid? no.

Ahh that makes sense, so which competent back-up are you looking at on the Free Agent list? or are you leaning towards perhaps drafting a back-up.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
D'Z has been as traumatized by veteran FA pickups as wrestling fans are of big guy pushes. If Julius Thomas leaves Peyton F'n Manning to go play for Derek Carr or Blake Bortles, what does that say about his fucks given about his career?

It's all about the Benjamins baby!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Ahh that makes sense, so which competent back-up are you looking at on the Free Agent list? or are you leaning towards perhaps drafting a back-up.
Its a backup RB. I don't give a shit lol. Sign some WRs and DL now please

edit: OK, I've heard D-Will is an option. That sounds fine to me. cheap, probably a 1 year deal.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I always like to care about my back-up RB, sometimes they help in a desperate need for changing the pace.. Frank Gore 1 yr $3 mil as your back-up? yay or nay?
fuck that lmao god no

sounds like a typical Wedgie signing though

plus they would probably start Gore they have such a hard on for washed up veterans

I'd much rather draft a RB than pay some shithead veteran with 300,000 miles

we shouldn't be signing FAs under a certain age anyway. We aren't competing next season. Probably not the one after that. We need long term FAs. Cobb. Suh. JPP. young motherfuckers

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Its a backup RB. I don't give a shit lol. Sign some WRs and DL now please

edit: OK, I've heard D-Will is an option. That sounds fine to me. cheap, probably a 1 year deal.

Didn't you guys start Kenbrell last year?

Julius can feed his family just fine in Denver lol. Really just saying this from a fan's perspective, not saying none of us wouldn't do the same thing

On topic. SAY NO TO CHRIS JOHNSON IN BALTIMORE!!!!!!!! :angry:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Snowman I have no idea if thompkins started. I genuinely didn't watch the Raiders much at all last season for the first time in my life. I can't stand the direction of this team

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Julius can feed his family just fine in Denver lol. Really just saying this from a fan's perspective when predicting future success, not saying none of us wouldn't do the same thing

On topic. SAY NO TO CHRIS JOHNSON IN BALTIMORE!!!!!!!! :angry:

Yeah that may be true, but let's be real Peyton won't be there for long if anymore so that leaves them with Brock Osweiler who is ... yeah we won't go there! I imagine J-Thom will find more success with the likes of Bortles then he would with Osweiler.

Yes to CJ in Baltimore! I'd love it for him to murder your guys offensive abilities.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Denver is on the down swing. Some people (ROFLMFAO) think the Raiders are on the up and up.

If JT hypothetically thinks Carr is going to be good, I can easily see why you'd say "OK, the rest of my career with this young guy or one more year with quickly breaking down Peyton"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kenbrell started one game; They mainly lined up at WR w/ James Jones, D-Moore, Andre Holmes and then later on Brice Butler came out and made a solid case to be the WR4 over Vincent Brown.. Kenbrell maybe played like 5-7 snaps on average though if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah that may be true, but let's be real Peyton won't be there for long if anymore so that leaves them with Brock Osweiler who is ... yeah we won't go there! I imagine J-Thom will find more success with the likes of Bortles then he would with Osweiler.

Yes to CJ in Baltimore! I'd love it for him to murder your guys offensive abilities.

I hope you get stuck with Foles again. :tough:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Kenbrell started one game; They mainly lined up at WR w/ James Jones, D-Moore, Andre Holmes and then later on Brice Butler came out and made a solid case to be the WR4 over Vincent Brown.. Kenbrell maybe played like 5-7 snaps on average though if I remember correctly.

Ahh, thanks! Remembered turning on Red Zone and hearing Thompkins' name at the start of a drive and was like "lolwtf, what happened to Holmes and Streater and that crew? Are they really THAT bad? Geez man Kenbrell Thompkins..."

Also, RIP to Vincent Brown aka "Not Robert Meachem", trendy 2012 preseason fantasy sleeper. Gone but likely forgotten... :sad:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks! Remembered turning on Red Zone and hearing Thompkins' name at the start of a drive and was like "lolwtf, what happened to Holmes and Streater and that crew? Are they really THAT bad? Geez man Kenbrell Thompkins..."

Holmes was still there for most of the season, Streater had a foot issue and was placed on IR/Recall at week 3.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Holmes is a decent talent. I won't mind him sticking around. Streeter is what he is. Pedestrian possession receiver with limited upside. James Jones is a solid #4 veteran

so basically we need a #1 and #2 WR, we've got a decent #3 and4!