2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The NFL released the report of independent investigator Ted Wells on Thursday, which found that "it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules" and that it is probable that Brady "was at least generally aware of... the release of air from Patriots game balls."

To me this whole thing just says what everyone has been saying, some footballs were deflated and some staff was more than likely aware but it says Tom Brady might have been aware. How do you suspend based on a speculation?

More than anything this will be Goodell making his stand against those saying he'll take it easy on the Pats because of his relationship with Kraft.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
To me this whole thing just says what everyone has been saying, some footballs were deflated and some staff was more than likely aware but it says Tom Brady might have been aware. How do you suspend based on a speculation?

More than anything this will be Goodell making his stand against those saying he'll take it easy on the Pats because of his relationship with Kraft.
Easily.. ask Sean Payton ;)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Look at this locker room cancer. JaMarcus Russell knockoff.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Giving you shit over there being no picture showing, but that may be on my end
It is a video of Jameis at his first rookie meeting. He was the first one there, then made a point to introduce himself one by one to all of his fellow rookie teammates.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Terrelle Pryor officially signed (for now) w/ the Bengals.

Broncos lose Rookie TE Heuerman to an ACL tear.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hue Jackson was the coach the year we drafted TP in the supp draft... maybe they have a decent relationship or Hue sees something in him.. as a QB or otherwise.

Pryor seems like the type that would try out WR if you asked him to.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't become the year of the ACL tear.
With all these new rules in place that pretty much give you know choice but to hit low.. they'd rather have people with walking issues when they're older than mental issues I guess.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I may do some fantasy analysis here real quick... want to know what you all think about the QB's so far.

Feels like no position is truly deep this year, and wonder just how much of a difference it is to get a Luck or Rodgers compared with one of the lower-tier QB1's in the end (assuming BS like Peyton's age quad injury doesn't happen)

I'm so so SO high on Eli Manning this year. Freakishly high. So high I must live in Seattle. @Danielson, am I crazy for saying besides Rodgers, Luck, and Big Bro, Eli is probably my favorite fantasy QB this year? That supporting cast he has is so insane. He could easily be on every one of my fantasy teams this year... and we all see how good that did for me last year. (Hey Chip Kelly! Trade for Cordarelle! You can probably trade a tape measure for him!)

Russell Wilson and Drew Brees are names. Love them as NFL QB's, hate them as top-5 fantasy options. Power run offenses don't = fantasy points.
Matt Ryan as a top-10 play after the last 2 years? Why?
I want to say Cam Newton is overrated in fantasy too, but suppose the rushing upside is worth the gamble. I'd love him if this Blue organization got him ANY help at all
Also want to like Tannehill, as I like him and the WR group they assembled... thing is, as nice as this "group" is on paper and he can spread it around while picking up rushing yards, it's not like you expect his WR's to do too too much in fantasy.
The tandem of Jimmy Garropolo and Tom Brady is damn interesting. Can I call "Patriots QB" a top-5 play?
See also: Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez, but here you're basically drafting Chip Kelly running 800 plays a game and them just voluming up production. I'm driving the Jordan Matthews hype train
What about Tony Romo and Jay Cutler? Anyone remember them? What about Matthew "Aye! I had 2 5,000 yard passing seasons and STILL can't get any respect!" Stafford?
Would it really be too much of a surprise if Teddy Bridgewater is a top-10 QB??? Maybe?... yeah, probably.
Seeing some hype around Joe Flacco of all people being a top-10 QB with Trestman, Maxx Williams, and Perriman... I'd love to see it happen... on the waiver wire since nobody is starting him
What about a Carson Palmer/Jameis Winston tandem? Palmer will be AMAZING with Arians' pass happy ass, and that'll open the door for Winston to get up to NFL speed by week 6 as Palmer tears his ACL again
RGIII resurg-bahahahahahaha
One guy who I really, really want to like in fantasy this year... Justin Blackmon, Allen Robinson, Lee/Hurns, Julius Thomas, Denard Robinson. Dayum. It's such a shame Blake Bortles is so terrible
Andy Dalton still sucks

It seems the Senhor Perfect formula is the one for fantasy success. Draft a QB pretty late and then get a backup soon after and hope one of them pans out.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I may do some fantasy analysis here real quick... want to know what you all think about the QB's so far.

Feels like no position is truly deep this year, and wonder just how much of a difference it is to get a Luck or Rodgers compared with one of the lower-tier QB1's in the end (assuming BS like Peyton's age quad injury doesn't happen)

I'm so so SO high on Eli Manning this year. Freakishly high. So high I must live in Seattle. @Danielson, am I crazy for saying besides Rodgers, Luck, and Big Bro, Eli is probably my favorite fantasy QB this year? That supporting cast he has is so insane. He could easily be on every one of my fantasy teams this year... and we all see how good that did for me last year. (Hey Chip Kelly! Trade for Cordarelle! You can probably trade a tape measure for him!)

Russell Wilson and Drew Brees are names. Love them as NFL QB's, hate them as top-5 fantasy options. Power run offenses don't = fantasy points.
Matt Ryan as a top-10 play after the last 2 years? Why?
I want to say Cam Newton is overrated in fantasy too, but suppose the rushing upside is worth the gamble. I'd love him if this Blue organization got him ANY help at all
Also want to like Tannehill, as I like him and the WR group they assembled... thing is, as nice as this "group" is on paper and he can spread it around while picking up rushing yards, it's not like you expect his WR's to do too too much in fantasy.
The tandem of Jimmy Garropolo and Tom Brady is damn interesting. Can I call "Patriots QB" a top-5 play?
See also: Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez, but here you're basically drafting Chip Kelly running 800 plays a game and them just voluming up production. I'm driving the Jordan Matthews hype train
What about Tony Romo and Jay Cutler? Anyone remember them? What about Matthew "Aye! I had 2 5,000 yard passing seasons and STILL can't get any respect!" Stafford?
Would it really be too much of a surprise if Teddy Bridgewater is a top-10 QB??? Maybe?... yeah, probably.
Seeing some hype around Joe Flacco of all people being a top-10 QB with Trestman, Maxx Williams, and Perriman... I'd love to see it happen... on the waiver wire since nobody is starting him
What about a Carson Palmer/Jameis Winston tandem? Palmer will be AMAZING with Arians' pass happy ass, and that'll open the door for Winston to get up to NFL speed by week 6 as Palmer tears his ACL again
RGIII resurg-bahahahahahaha
One guy who I really, really want to like in fantasy this year... Justin Blackmon, Allen Robinson, Lee/Hurns, Julius Thomas, Denard Robinson. Dayum. It's such a shame Blake Bortles is so terrible
Andy Dalton still sucks

It seems the Senhor Perfect formula is the one for fantasy success. Draft a QB pretty late and then get a backup soon after and hope one of them pans out.
Eli will be a strong fantasy option. Beckham, cruz, randle, donnell, improved oliNE . He's throw for over 5,000 b4. I bet he does again

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You aint high on Eli @Snowman, you just plain high!

LOL naw Eli is usually my 8-10th rd pick if I dont have another legit QB option.. although last year in this league Tom Brady and Kaeps had me boned because I started them each oppposite weeks they did shit.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not sure why you are so low on Wilson. Pretty sure he was the #3 QB in fantasy last season and has been top 10 every year of his career.

@Snowman

edit: I'm also 100% certain I invented the QB draft strategy you are attributing to Senhor.