2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Raiders cut Usama Young and Nick Roach... tally it up to 72 mil D'Z

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh as an Eagles fan you would in a heartbeat! And you know I'd welcome him in Baltimore.

With the Jets....... I just don't think he'll stay level headed once their season turns to shit, that's why the Bears were looking for anyone to take his contract. That's really what I was getting at with the "Julius Thomas shouldn't chase the money" quote, so many of these big-time free agents that go to shit teams don't pan out, largely for that reason.

Ivory and Powell seems like an OK running back tandem, no? Like Marshall + Decker, too.

Fun Fact: Geno Smith was the only QB in 2014 who had a game with a perfect passer rating. :haha:

They got Harvin & Kerley too, Jet's have their 4 WRs and a couple decent back up ones.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Ahh, makes sense why they decided to make the BMarsh trade.
Eh, not really lol. You give up a pick for a guy who is

1.) Never made the playoffs in his NFL career
2.) On a bad contract, you will now be paying a 32/33 year old WR close to 9 mill for two seasons
3.) A known headcase--- literally. God bless him and his battle with mental illness, but the guy has caused distraction everywhere he has been
4.) Aging and declining

I guess I could justify a team giving up an asset for this player on a bad contract if they thought it could put them over the top... which is why I thought Indy made sense... but the Jets? Just a typical jest move.

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They got Harvin & Kerley too, Jet's have their 4 WRs and a couple decent back up ones.

Definitely on Kerley, every time I watch a Jets game (obvs not much) he always stands out as a pretty solid, tough, possession dude. I'm a mark

hell yea.. Wedgie... let's... do... this?!?!?

Love how the top 2 related videos are the full shows to the 2 PPV's that aired so far this year. :haha: Combatting piracy my ass!

Also on second thought, forget about Marshall in Baltimore lol. Heard all this about how we really want Andre Johnson, but a Steve Smith/Dre or B-Marsh tandem in 2015 doesn't sound very promising, especially with Flacco (although Trestman would love it I guess)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
@Varus

you asked who I wanted besides LW and I didn't have much of an answer... my new train of thought...

why not take Mariota?? Everyone assumes the Eagles will give up a big package for him, why let the Jets reap the benefits of said package? Pick Mariota then get chip on the line and see what type of package we get

then take DGB with the Eagles 2015 first. I'm assuming we would get at least:

2015: 1st, 3rd
2016: 1st, 2nd
2017: 1st

The Skins had to give up 3 firsts to move up from 6 to 2 for RG3... I imagine going from whatever the Eagles are to 4 would take at least 3 R1s. Sounds amazing

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lynch signs a new deal

David Harris re-signs in NY. I had him pegged as Kiko's replacement for Rex in Buffalo

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
McCorty, suh, and JPP. 2/3 and we goin to the ship. Beckham is still god
I don't think you have money this year for McCourty and Suh and if you do you'll have very little left.

Seahawks released Zach Miller... I wonder if that's a sign that they might try to go all-in on Julius Thomas?
if i'm the 'hawks I'm rolling with Luke Wilson and signing Jermaine Gresham over Julius Thomas.. financially in the near future that'd be their best bet.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Texans heavily targetting Jeremy Maclin.

Eagles WR Jordan Mathews tweets out "It is what it is.." this is leading to speculation that Maclin will walk.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Saints and RB Mark Ingram have reached agreement on a four-year deal

EDIT: Four years, $16 million for Mark Ingram

Last edited: