2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A Miami TV station, with "reliable sources" within the team management, is reporting that the Dolphins are the frontrunners in the "Suh Sweepstakes"...

Ugh, I seriously hope this is not true, I would rather not have Suh in Miami.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Mark Ingram :(.. I guess.. he's relatively cheap and had a nice year last year.. I could live with Ingram, Polk & Sproles heading the backfield.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I saw this morning it was reported Wedgie is going "all in" on Cobb. Not surprising, since if we are going to pay for a FA I'd expect it to be a former Packer. If we get Suh and Cobb I'll almost not hate ol Frankenberry

also, I think J-Stew is a really nice back. If more people are scared off by injury concerns, that means I get hella value on J Stew. I think he will be a top end RB2 in the late 3 early 4 rounds. I know he is never healthy, but they are committed to him as the starter and bell cow if he somehow does stay healthy. I know over the years I have gotten tremendous value on certain guys that others shied away from due to injuries. A slight steal, but getting Murray in the 2nd/3rd rounds last year is a perfect example when all signs pointed to him having first round value, but many were afraid of his injury history.

When I wrote that, it was because of

A: age, which doesn't really matter in this case since he's
B: overdraftedness, may be an early 3rd
C: how much work he'd get since lol @ carolina committing to one guy. Tolbert will be used

but you may be right. If there's two things we learned about running backs in fantasy last year, it's

-injury prone-ness doesn't matter. Remember when we let Beast Mode fall to you in the 3rd last year? And Demarco Murray, in most leagues Arian Foster...
-starting role doesn't matter. For example, you'd rather start the Colts "backup" RB than like 10 starters
Draft running backs with talent: now that J-Stew is getting a shot, lets see how this goes.

Also lol @ KC signing Maclin

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What is funny about KC signing Maclin? Reid loves him

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
@Dolph'sZiggler your rating of my post was the exact reaction I had to that news lol

I'm actually hoping that Miami tries to get Andre Johnson.. he grew up in Florida, went to the U... bring him back home.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Defensive line market is even more flooded--- Pats turn down Vince Wilfork's option

Docket signs w/ 49ers. Older and coming off injury, we will see how he works his way into that rotation

Cary Williams set to visit Seattle

Saints continue dealing with cap hell- restructure Byrd's contract

Trent Cole visiting Bucs

Mike Wallace Pops says he thinks he stays w/ Dolphins

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cary Williams would fit well in Seattle as far as personality goes.. however once they see him play Sherman will banish his ass from the LOB

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cary Williams would fit well in Seattle as far as personality goes.. however once they see him play Sherman will banish his ass from the LOB
Being the 4th wheel in the LOB has to be the easiest secondary job in the NFL. You have a tremendous pass rush and you always get safety help because they obviously don't need to roll coverage toward Sherm. that's why I'm not sure why everyone is in love w/ Maxwell. No way he lives up to the contract he will get outside of Seattle.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, looking at the top 10 free agents from last year (sorry D'Z) and how they did
top list used: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329702/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-for-2014

Jairus Byrd was part of the Saints' hopeless D and has created a ton of cap woes.
Eugene Monroe got an awful PFF grade
Michael Johnson was invisible in Tampa
Alex Mack was awesome before he was hurt
Lamarr Houston I'm not really sure before he... lol
Jared Veldheer was awesome
Seem to remember Brandon Albert doing a good job in Miami before he get hurt and Dumervil sacked Tannehill like 5 times
Alterraun Verner I haven't heard about
Michael Bennett was a great re-sign by Seattle
Aqib Talib was fine

Anyway the "lol @ Maclin to KC" comment wasn't that I don't believe it, it's that I do and give a defeated/depressed laugh at a stud like Jeremy Maclin... Well, he could get a good connection going with Aaron Murray or Tyler Bray I guess if Smith goes down

also I love how there's a whole bunch of reports on Brian Hartline