2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
One from a few days back: Colts, Cardinals, and Cowboys the frontrunners for AP.

Why are the Colts wanting to trade for Marshall? Lol, isn't WR one of the few places they DON'T need help?
Ive been noticing that lately,the Colts only go after WR's and its pretty annoying lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
A source tells ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure that free agent TE Julius Thomas is unlikely to end up in Atlanta.
The Falcons are in need of both pass-catchers and tight end help. But breaking the bank on Thomas wouldn't make a lot of sense considering how many holes there are all over this roster. GM Thomas Dimitroff should be able to see through Julius' Peyton Manning-inflated numbers and settle on a more affordable tight end option like Jordan Cameron or Charles Clay

fuck

Jags plz

PLZ

save us from ourselves

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eagles have not asked LeSean to restructure his contract, this essentially means he will not be with the team this upcoming season IMO.. We're going to trade him, he will be a piece of the trade to get Mariota I'm assuming.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Good mentor move but Luck has been rather.. lucky when it comes to injuries.. his luck isn't going to last much longer hopefully it doesn't happen for the Colts' sake this season because Hasselback is very brittle and they will most likely lose every game he starts if that happens to be the case.
It isn't 'luck'. One of the primary reasons teams were high on Luck wasn't simply his intelligence, but his size. He is 6'4 240 lbs. with tree trunks for legs.
To give you some perspective, Ben Roethlisberger (6'5 241 lbs.) has only missed a handful of games in his career primarily due to extending plays and taking bad hits.
Another large quarterback was Drew Bledsoe. I've heard that despite Vick's elusiveness, Bledsoe was always the most difficult to sack due to his size
Luck's intelligence combined with his size make him ideal as a long term option. It's also why RGIII was an immediate sensation , while Luck is the long term option.

RGIII won Rookie of the Year, yet it appears Luck's pure 'bulk' makes him not only durable but gives him presence that makes defenders alter their point of projection when they manage to get a hat on Luck.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
RG3 was wrecked by Shannarat and the Skins trashy organization. They sent him out to play on a trashed field in a playoff game when his knee was held together by chewed up bubblegum

He will never be the same, physically or psychologically, and it sucks. He had endless potential

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Eagles have not asked LeSean to restructure his contract, this essentially means he will not be with the team this upcoming season IMO.. We're going to trade him, he will be a piece of the trade to get Mariota I'm assuming.
lol stupid ass Eagles.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
lol stupid ass Eagles.
As long as we use the open cap space on fucking improving our defense significantly I'd be okay with it.. if not I'd be exremely pissed, getting rid of Shady & Trent Cole would save us about $20 mil in cap space, if we want to keep Maclin that's going to be $12 mil for the tag.. ughhh idk what to do.. If we kept all 3 guys that'd be committing about $30-33 million dollars and we just can't do that.. even getting rid of Cole we'd be in about the $22-25 mil range and that's still a lot.. potentially I can see Shady (he does have high mileage) going and us replacing him with DeMarco for a 2 yr / $10 mil deal which given our financials would basically be the best way to save money and still have a decent RB to be ahead of Sproles & Polk on the depth chart.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A source tells ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure that free agent TE Julius Thomas is unlikely to end up in Atlanta.
The Falcons are in need of both pass-catchers and tight end help. But breaking the bank on Thomas wouldn't make a lot of sense considering how many holes there are all over this roster. GM Thomas Dimitroff should be able to see through Julius' Peyton Manning-inflated numbers and settle on a more affordable tight end option like Jordan Cameron or Charles Clay

fuck

Jags plz

PLZ

save us from ourselves

Dude's a beast of an athlete. Peyton Manning inflated numbers or not he'd still be one heck of a pickup

Snowman1

Reaction score
-Raiders among teams interested in Donkey Kong Suh, early favorites along with Tampa and the Jags

-KR Brad Jones visiting the Eagles, know that's riveting news Sharpy. Jacoby visiting Bengals

-Lions talking to Kendall Langford, guess that means no Suh then

-Suckaneers wanting to find any trade partner they can for LT Anthony Collins, who they spent 5 years 30 mil on last offseason, and will cut them if they don't (meaning now that that's out there they won't be able to trade him)

-Broncs interested in Charles Clay and Pernell McPhee. Whichever team signs Pernell I will point and laugh heartily at.

-Pats tag Gostowski for some reason

-Josh McCown expected to be Browns starter this year :lol1:

-Ravens cut Victor Hampton after he was busted for DUI while doing 100+ in a 55

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Kendall Langford would be a good pickup

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
-KR Brad Jones visiting the Eagles, know that's riveting news Sharpy. Jacoby visiting Bengals
Whoooo? Apparently we signed the guy... Lol just messing I kind of know who he is.. He was a LB for the Packers when I remember, I didn't even think the guy still existed so he's a cheap special teams player I assume? Hmm, seems to be Kelly's forte getting these bum dudes on all other sides of the ball except for Special Teams.. (ie: Maragos, S from the Seahawks who was a ST ace that did well for us).

I was hoping we'd get a Packers LB... not named Brad Jones, was kind of looking for Hawk =/

Snowman1

Reaction score
Whoooo? Apparently we signed the guy... Lol just messing I kind of know who he is.. He was a LB for the Packers when I remember, I didn't even think the guy still existed so he's a cheap special teams player I assume? Hmm, seems to be Kelly's forte getting these bum dudes on all other sides of the ball except for Special Teams.. (ie: Maragos, S from the Seahawks who was a ST ace that did well for us).

I was hoping we'd get a Packers LB... not named Brad Jones, was kind of looking for Hawk =/

Ahh, I got him confused with Brandon Jones, KR from the Titans from a few years ago. :haha:

So why was Maclin not tagged?

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ahh, I got him confused with Brandon Jones, KR from the Titans from a few years ago. :haha:

So why was Maclin not tagged?

Both sides want a long term deal but seem to be about $1.5-3.5 a year mil off Maclin's asking price.. I have a feeling we're gonna let him walk without a deal from us :(