2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
yeah if he agreed to restructure his contract and take a decent pay cut I would be willing to try him out for a year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
yeah if he agreed to restructure his contract and take a decent pay cut I would be willing to try him out for a year.
No reason for Wallace to do any such thing. Force Miami to cut him and he makes a good chunk of what he has left in guarantees. So not only will he be getting two pay checks if he is cut, but he will get to choose his next team instead of the Dolphins.

His next contract isn't going to be chump change. He will still make decent receiver money with his new team + whatever Miami owes him for cutting him

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
No reason for Wallace to do any such thing. Force Miami to cut him and he makes a good chunk of what he has left in guarantees. So not only will he be getting two pay checks if he is cut, but he will get to choose his next team instead of the Dolphins.

His next contract isn't going to be chump change. He will still make decent receiver money with his new team + whatever Miami owes him for cutting him

3 mil left so after taxes like 1.7 mil he'll get if they cut him, not bad.. I was talking more of a $2 million dollar pay cut, I wouldn't be trying to pay him near $10 mil this year and then near $12 mil for the next two years but I could live with high $7 mil or a low $8 mil # for a year or two.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
3 mil left so after taxes like 1.7 mil he'll get if they cut him, not bad.. I was talking more of a $2 million dollar pay cut, I wouldn't be trying to pay him near $10 mil this year and then near $12 mil for the next two years but I could live with high $7 mil or a low $8 mil # for a year or two.
He is two years into a 5 year 60 million dollar contract. He only gets 3 million if they cut him before year 3?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He is two years into a 5 year 60 million dollar contract. He only gets 3 million if they cut him before year 3?
yeah the $30 mil guaranteed included the $11 mil signing bonus, he got paid $15 mil last year as base salary and $1 million the first year so that's $27 mil then he got an incentives pay check and workout bonuses. so maybe a tad closer to $2.8ish million left.. although I do think he opted to have his signing bonus spread throughout the 5 years so he'll get the rest of that signing money as well as the near $3 mil.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/mike-wallace/

Wouldn't "dead money" indicate the money Miami is paying to Wallace if he is cut? ie that money is counting against the cap, going to Wallace but it is "dead" because they aren't paying it to a player actually on the roster and they are stuck paying it no matter what?

I'm thinking he will make closer to 8 or 10 mill over the next couple of seasons if Miami cuts him.

Plus, like I said, the market is going to be A-OK for him once he is cut. He will get another solid deal. He is only 28 and I think most people realize his skills were just squandered in Miami because Tanne has a little girls arm and can't utilize Wallace's talent

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Idk exaclty, from what I read he'll have gotten the signing bonus + base salaries for 2013 and 2014 + $3 million of 2015's salary should he be cut prior to the season starting.. but then again it does say he's owed $9.9 mil from salary and bonuses so yeah the $3 mil from this year and $6.6 mil from remaining signing bonus checks (3 yrs $2.2 mil a yr bonus) and then +$300k from workout/smaller bonuses. So yeah you're right.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson's ban has been lifted, his reinstatement will surely be soon to come.
Eagles cut veteran RG Todd Herremans to save $2.8 mil on the cap.
Bills are in negotiation talks with QB Josh McCown.

Some highlights from early in the day news.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Dolphins should really try to keep Wallace. Marino has been working with Tannehill all offseason so far, working on his weaknesses, the most glaring of which is the deep ball, so they've been focusing on weight training to increase arm strength.. they should see how the offseason training affects Tannehill's ability to throw deep next year instead of getting rid of their only real deep threat.

Disappointed in the decisions being made by Dolphins management so far this offseason.

Also, on the news front, Anthony Fasano was cut by the Chiefs this morning. Pretty decent TE for someone who might need one.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Man the league doesn't seem to want Adrian Peterson back at all.. they are appealing in the decision made by the independent arbitrator's ruling.