2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't think the Dolphins are nearly as bad as you make them out to be. According to my finding they had the #8 run blocking OL and the #21 pass blocking OL. The stats and my own Dolphin watching makes me believe Tannehill is just as guilty for a lot of those 46 sacks as the OL was. And the weapons around him aren't nearly as horrible as you want to make them out to be either. When Mike Wallace played with Ben people thought he was a fringe top 10 WR. Lamar Miller averaged over 5 YPC and contributing in the passing game. Brian Hartline had back to back 1000 yard seasons and is a dependable #2. Jarvis Landry had an amazing rookie season that went under the radar because 15 rookie WRs had amazing years.

There is no "woe is me" with Tannehill's supporting cast. It is more than acceptable.

If you want to talk Tannehill's stats, I'm game, but I'm not interested in raw totals in 2014. Most every QB has solid stats going by yards and TD/INT. Going by that D. Carr had a great rookie season. Pro tip: he really didn't.

Tanne played in an up tempo offense (they were top 10 in pace and plays ran per game) and he started all 16 games. His mobility is nice and gives you an extra element to your offense, but as a passer he is run of the mill. He y/a was 27th in the league at 6.9 and his y/c 31st at 10.1.

Tell me when to stop when naming QBs you take over Tannehill

Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Ben
Rivers
Luck
Wilson
Newton
Romo
Eli
Ryan
Stafford
Flacco
Foles
Kaepernick
Cutler
Smith
Dalton
Bridgewater

Did I forget anyone? So where is Tanne in the grand scheme of things? The Foles-Smith range?

Reactions: Varus and Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
With the new coaches not impressed with EJ Manuel, Yahoo Sports is reporting the Bills are exploring a trade for Sam Bradford.

Yay

There's been a few reports coming out over the last 30 minutes they're saying the Bills are not interested in making a trade.. they probably were and the Rams may have wanted a bit too much.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So now I'm hearing a bit more about the Dez Bryant video, lol I kinda wanna see what the fuss is about.. the speculation/whispers from some people that are reporting on it is that it is 5 times worse than the Ray Rice situation.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I don't think the Dolphins are nearly as bad as you make them out to be. According to my finding they had the #8 run blocking OL and the #21 pass blocking OL. The stats and my own Dolphin watching makes me believe Tannehill is just as guilty for a lot of those 46 sacks as the OL was. And the weapons around him aren't nearly as horrible as you want to make them out to be either. When Mike Wallace played with Ben people thought he was a fringe top 10 WR. Lamar Miller averaged over 5 YPC and contributing in the passing game. Brian Hartline had back to back 1000 yard seasons and is a dependable #2. Jarvis Landry had an amazing rookie season that went under the radar because 15 rookie WRs had amazing years.

There is no "woe is me" with Tannehill's supporting cast. It is more than acceptable.

If you want to talk Tannehill's stats, I'm game, but I'm not interested in raw totals in 2014. Most every QB has solid stats going by yards and TD/INT. Going by that D. Carr had a great rookie season. Pro tip: he really didn't.

Tanne played in an up tempo offense (they were top 10 in pace and plays ran per game) and he started all 16 games. His mobility is nice and gives you an extra element to your offense, but as a passer he is run of the mill. He y/a was 27th in the league at 6.9 and his y/c 31st at 10.1.

Tell me when to stop when naming QBs you take over Tannehill

Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Ben
Rivers
Luck
Wilson
Newton
Romo
Eli
Ryan
Stafford
Flacco
Foles
Kaepernick
Cutler
Smith
Dalton
Bridgewater

Did I forget anyone? So where is Tanne in the grand scheme of things? The Foles-Smith range?

Who would I take in place of Tannehill?

Rodgers - Yes, elite
Peyton - No, too old
Brady -Yes, elite
Brees - No, too inconsistent as of late
Ben - No, too inconsistent period
Rivers - No
Luck - No
Wilson - No, he has the heart but would be average without the team he's had around him
Newton - No, injury prone and inconsistent
Romo - No, inconsistent
Eli - No, unless a pressure situation arose
Ryan - No, he's fallen off the last couple years
Stafford - No, without Megatron he struggles
Flacco - No, Too inconsistent the last couple years
Foles - No, shitty QB overall
Kaepernick - No, all hype and no results
Cutler - No, hahahahaha
Smith - No, will never be a true quality starter in the NFL, like Russell Wilson the team made him look good
Dalton - No, If not for his early connection with AJ Green Dalton would be unheard of
Bridgewater - No, unproven and much like Warren Moon (who I believe he is closest to in style of play) he will be injury prone but he will still have a good career just never a SB win.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5681/jason-pierre-paul

can Giants afford to tag JPP and sign SUH? Suh wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league (hint hint wedgie)

He needs the money to pay the 5+ fines he plans on getting next season for being an ass... and then whoever signs him will be pissed when he really does something stupid and gets suspended multiple games. Suh is a money pit, good luck to whoever takes that chance.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wait, what? :lol1:

Welp, glad to revive this thread. My entertainment quota for this day has been filled! :win: