2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the top 30 (lol homerism ftw) Free Agents this year:

-Justin Houston
-Dez
-Suh
-Demaryious
-JPP
-Devin McCourty
-Randall Cobb
-Demarco
-Brandon Flowers
-Orlando Franklin
-Jerry Hughes
-Julius Thomas
-Mike Iupati
-Terrance Knighton
-that center from the Raiders
-Antonio Cromartie and his 18 kids
-Rodney Hudson
-Jeremy Maclin
-Bryan Bulaga
-Brian Orakpo
-Brandon Graham
-Nick Fairley
-Jason Worilds
-Greg Hardy
-Jason Odrick
-Torrey Smith
-Pernell McPhee
-Byron Maxwell
-Rolando McClain
-Jordan Cameron

Definitely, it'll be the best move for Miami for sure.

When an individual increases his stats every year for 3 straight years despite the shittiness of the team then he deserves to get paid.

They see potential in the kid, and you're breaking the bank for him in the first 2 seasons - when your focus is "develop him more while rebuiding the team and getting rid of a bunch of shitty Jeff Ireland contracts" then you could have the cheapest quality QB in the NFL.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The rumored deal is 7 years for 106mil.. but it's only a 2 year guaranteed contract. After 2 years the Dolphins could restructure based on performance or cancel the contract altogether and release him. Pretty safe deal in my opinion.
Sure, but I wouldn't be stoked about locking up a mediocre QB. Congrats on not having to worry about considering a Sam Bradford trade I guess?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
From what I've seen, the top 30 (lol homerism ftw) Free Agents this year:

-Justin Houston
-Dez
-Suh
-Demaryious
-JPP
-Devin McCourty
-Randall Cobb
-Demarco
-Brandon Flowers
-Orlando Franklin
-Jerry Hughes
-Julius Thomas
-Mike Iupati
-Terrance Knighton
-that center from the Raiders
-Antonio Cromartie and his 18 kids
-Rodney Hudson
-Jeremy Maclin
-Bryan Bulaga
-Brian Orakpo
-Brandon Graham
-Nick Fairley
-Jason Worilds
-Greg Hardy
-Jason Odrick
-Torrey Smith
-Pernell McPhee
-Byron Maxwell
-Rolando McClain
-Jordan Cameron

They see potential in the kid, and you're breaking the bank for him in the first 2 seasons - when your focus is "develop him more while rebuiding the team and getting rid of a bunch of shitty Jeff Ireland contracts" then you could have the cheapest quality QB in the NFL.
Wisniewski is really nothing special. I don't understand why so many pubs are hyping him at all. He was a solid guard as a rookie, had a rough transition to center and finally started to look serviceable, but he isn't a top center by any means unless center is literally the shallowest position in the league.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I really think whoever signs Murray is going to be let down. He is good, but that Dallas line had more to do with his success.

The rest of the league better hope and pray Peterson doesn't get his way. They will win the SB next season if they get him

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He is better than most of the backs listed, that is why it makes no sense. Either put him near the top where he belongs based on talent, or leave him off the list because you know damn well he isn't going to get signed. Putting him at 13 is some stupid shit

Oh I see, yeah definitely.. I'd have him at like #6 or 7 given that list.

I really think whoever signs Murray is going to be let down. He is good, but that Dallas line had more to do with his success.

The rest of the league better hope and pray Peterson doesn't get his way. They will win the SB next season if they get him

You think he'd do well on a team with a good offensive line similar to Dallas'?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Sure, but I wouldn't be stoked about locking up a mediocre QB. Congrats on not having to worry about considering a Sam Bradford trade I guess?

4,000+ yards passing (1 of only 50 QBs all time), 27 tds (despite not having the greatest of targets) only 12 ints.. over 300 yards rushing.. all that while being sacked 46 times.

Imagine what will happen when Miami gets an OL, a rushing game, and a big end zone target.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oh I see, yeah definitely.. I'd have him at like #6 or 7 given that list.

You think he'd do well on a team with a good offensive line similar to Dallas'?
Personally just based on talent I'd give Rice the edge over every back on that list except for DeMarco. You can point to his 2013 season, but he just wasn't healthy. I watched him in preseason last year and he had his burst back. I think he has another year or two of starter quality football left in his legs before he breaks down, not that he will get the chance.

As for Murray, just too much to commit to pay a RB who is already getting up there as far as wear and tear goes. I think as far as bang for your buck goes you are much better off going after a guy like Ingram who will come a lot cheaper and give you most of the production.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
4,000+ yards passing (1 of only 50 QBs all time), 27 tds (despite not having the greatest of targets) only 12 ints.. over 300 yards rushing.. all that while being sacked 46 times.

Imagine what will happen when Miami gets an OL, a rushing game, and a big end zone target.
Thanks NFL.com for that riveting breakdown of Ryan Tannehill's stats

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Thanks NFL.com for that riveting breakdown of Ryan Tannehill's stats

That was off the top of my head, but yeah he's anything but mediocre. The Dolphins are the best team in the history of the NFL, you know, perfect season 1972 and all that.. So everyone can kiss my big hairy ass crack!

*smile*

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
we're all happy for you. And he is somewhere in the 13-16 range, making him an average starter

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Mathias Kiwanuka, DeAngelo Williams and Ted Ginn Jr. have all been cut from their teams (now former teams).

DeAndre Hopkins undergoes surgery for his wrist to repair a torn ligament.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
we're all happy for you. And he is somewhere in the 13-16 range, making him an average starter

On any team in playoff contention he's a winning QB every week.. on a shitty Dolphin team he is the only reason why they got to .500.. they would have been 5-11 or worse the past 3 years without Tannehill. Once they build around him you will see... until then I'll go ahead and shut up about Tannehill.