2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Haha yeah I've been up there once or twice, can't quite recall why I think It was to pick up some herbage.
Very likely, the people I partied with were all two years older than me so that would make them 24/25ish.
Kind of had to keep the wrestling fandom thing to a minimum seeing as people were being hipster and mainstream thinking that televised wrestling was for kiddies and older fans (Which IMO couldn't be further from the truth, seeing as it's great sports entertainment and it airs year long)
Oh I know man. I stopped following wrestling when I got out of h.s. because there always seemed to be things going on. I couldn't imagine saying "Yo guys, let's turn on raw" lol
Just lots of beer drinking, and promiscuous women. Anyways, nice chat bro. I'm going to hit the hay

Back on topic before I go to bed

Giants need to sign some lineman

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh I know man. I stopped following wrestling when I got out of h.s. because there always seemed to be things going on. I couldn't imagine saying "Yo guys, let's turn on raw" lol
Just lots of beer drinking, and promiscuous women. Anyways, nice chat bro. I'm going to hit the hay

Back on topic before I go to bed

Giants need to sign some lineman
Yeah exactly, haha u 2 mayne..
Hmm my back on topic post will be..

Eagles need to never draft another fireman.
(eg: Danny Watkins..)
a3767768dc76b9f61a6b0ffaef332022.jpg

^ Look at this Crayon Eater.

Reactions: Danielson

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You guys think any quality Tackles will drop to the 2nd round?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
There's always quality players deep in the draft, as far as some of the top tackle prospects, I don't believe so I think all the mocks have the top 5 tackles going round 1, but there will most likely be something left out there in the 2nd round regarding that position.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Just quoting this because I cba to find your old post, but just read about the contracts for Freeney, Abraham, and that one Giant dude who went to Atlanta who's name you can't spell got in FA (like 3-4 mil a year), so 30+ year old pass rushers shouldn't test the market. Very good chance Suggs gets restructured.

It would suck to see Jameel go, his story's really good but at the end of the day it's a business and he's our biggest savings. He's definitely good enough to be a spot starter elsewhere. I'd be surprised if they let Leach go, he didn't play much this year because they had to have more three-wide sets since we couldn't run the ball anyway, but they know more about what was wrong with Rice and Pierce and how much that Harvard dude has improved than we do. Koch making 2 mil a year to be in the bottom 10 of net punting is a joke, he's gone.

Was just reading about all the Ravens' moves in last FA. Ellerbe got that huge contract to be the sixth-worst MLB according to PFF in Miami, while we spend a mil on Daryl Smith. Paul Kruger has a decent year in Cleveland while Elvis Dumervil was awesome for most of the year, and we saved money. Cary Williams got overpaid in Philly so we had some other random corner step up and be really good for us. There's no reason to panic about this offseason, man.

Although just saw Rich Gannon write about how he's never seen a QB take less criticism for a shitty offense than Joe Flacco did this year. As much as the offense around him faltered he simply has to play better. Hoping a new OC will help with that. Harbaugh said the candidates are Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson, WR coach Jim Hostler, Kyle Shanahan and Scott Linehan. Not too excited.

Not sure on the second-round tackles.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm operating under the assumption that STL trades down from #2 and a team moves up for a QB.

Watkins is still my best guess for us

Was just thinking about this whole mock draft and think it COULD possibly happen.But still, if you're St. Louis and Clowney's off the board, there's no way they keep that pick. Only player that makes sense for them is Watkins. Oakland can trade up for Teddy while St. Louis gets the guy they wanted + more picks. Why not?

Conventional wisdom says "if you need a QB you must take one" but Houston may trust "QB Guru" Bill O'Brien to coach someone up like he did McGloin at Penn State so it would make sense to take Clowney. Do think Jacksonville could take either Barr or Matthews, they're either that Blue or that much smarter than all of us. If whoever they take winds up being elite this year and avoids the Jaguars' Kiss of Death while garbage ass QB's ruin their season again, Famous Jameis is waiting for them... or if you wind up with Watkins you can tank again and get Mariota or Winston yourselves. Pretty sure you don't want to do that though. :haha:

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Bills have hired Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.It's going to be a bitch scoring against that.

Reactions: DK JAMES

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Jim Schwartz pumped me up so much you don't even know. I was so depressed that Pettine went to the Browns but dare I say Schwartz could be an improvement. :woo1:

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Jim Schwartz pumped me up so much you don't even know. I was so depressed that Pettine went to the Browns but dare I say Schwartz could be an improvement. :woo1:
I'm glad Jim found another coaching job, the dude deserves it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Jim Schwartz getting to coach up a defense that already lead the league in sacks? Sounds scary.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Browns interested in Baltimore LB coach Martindale as their DC

would be another surprisingly solid hire for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.