2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNAries

The Artiste
Reaction score
w00t w00t, Nickfoleon Dynamite dominated in the Pro-Bowl game no one cares about!
I had it on a much smaller screen during the Rumble but it was interesting to see them unconferenced for the first time, other than that yeah it was super shitty.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So what's the deal with the draft being postponed? Scheduling issue?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Haven't heard anything about it.

So Knowshon will indeed be hitting the free agent market? Assume he'll be a surprisingly cheap signing. Some team's gonna get a real steal this offseason.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yah, pretty cheap compared to Tier A running backs for sure. I still think he will get a decent amount of cash though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay him a dime. Cheaper RB labor to be found and Knowshon can't stay healthy. I think he is talented and all, but he's not a world beater.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I mean most every D had to focus a lot of their attention on the passing game, leaving wide open holes for Knowshon to push through. Not too mention the O-Line was built to protect Peyton Manning so the Running game is going to be more efficient as well because of it. I doubt he'll find the same success on any other team but I do hope he finds his way somewhere because I still think he is talented enough to be a fulltime back up for a long time in this league.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Really? I think that as long as he's backed up with a decent O-Line, he can have himself a ball. I'm not saying he's gonna crank out 1000 yard seasons for the rest of his career, but he could start for a few teams with a weak running back. Otherwise, he'd be one hell of a backup to give teams a 1-2 punch in the backfield. Moreno is nowhere near elite, but he's within the top 15-20 backs in the game.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd love to have Moreno no matter what team I'm on. The guy's SO good in every facet of the game.

Dolph's, I can't remember which thread it was, but remember mentioning if Clowney was available the Rams would take him. You asked why they'd do that with Quinn and Long and I forgot to answer... it's because of A: all we've said about how he should go #1, B: you can never have enough pass rushers + Fisher likes to have a rotation, can you imagine giving Robert Quinn a rest just for Jadeveon Clowney to step up? and C: because Chris Long's in a contract year so they can slide in Clowney after this year so they can get him.

But whenever we disagree on football you're always right, so I'm moving more to 60-40 towards the "Clowney goes #1" side. I love looking at owners' histories in mock drafts, and when they took a chance on a veteran QB (Schaub) it panned out really well for them (yeah he sucks, but they had a lot of success) while the last time they spent the #1 pick on a QB... not so much. So if they go Clowney, surely the Clowns will try to undercut everyone for Johnny Football, right? They can go up there and assuming St. Louis stays put at #4 for Watkins (assuming they even want him, Fisher won't draft a lineman early) Oakland could actually wind up with a QB.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Again, I think if Clowney is available at 2 for STL I look for them to move the pick for a small fortune. Don't think he will be there though.

This is Mario Williams over VY and Leinart all over again.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My favorite GIANT of all time became a hall of famer today. Very well deserved.

Micheal Strahan
Was sooo happy to see Aeneas Williams get selected, mother fucker had a bad ass name and was a badass DB in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.